Whose with somebody and the parents throw insulting comments at you?

carly23

Ive been with my bf for 3 1/2 yrs..and his mom always in some way wants to tell me im lazy and wishes she could just sit around all day and play?!...she knws i have cf she knows im diabetic..she knows how i am...this morning she told me to get out of the dam bed and all i do is sleep in and lay around?..really upset me

carly23

Ive been with my bf for 3 1/2 yrs..and his mom always in some way wants to tell me im lazy and wishes she could just sit around all day and play?!...she knws i have cf she knows im diabetic..she knows how i am...this morning she told me to get out of the dam bed and all i do is sleep in and lay around?..really upset me

B

BikerEd

Hmmm, you mentioned he doesn't work, and I'm fairly confident you don't either. 1st, no she doesn't get it, or doesn't want to. 2, since you both don't work, she may be resentful that she is supporting both of you, and it is easier to pick on you rather than her own son. I'm just guessing but I've seen that before with perfectly healthy people.

B

BikerEd

Hmmm, you mentioned he doesn't work, and I'm fairly confident you don't either. 1st, no she doesn't get it, or doesn't want to. 2, since you both don't work, she may be resentful that she is supporting both of you, and it is easier to pick on you rather than her own son. I'm just guessing but I've seen that before with perfectly healthy people.

Printer

CF and CFRD is not a license to sleep in. It soulds like she thinks that you could be helping her around the house.

Bill

Printer

CF and CFRD is not a license to sleep in. It soulds like she thinks that you could be helping her around the house.

Bill

B

BikerEd

Bill that's kinda what I was hinting at,she can be tired and still do the dishes. However, she maybe getting extra flack due to moms feel obligated, and often over protective esp nowadays of their own childern and its easier to pick on the girlfriend that lives there and does nothing, cause she has an "asthma type thing" and before anyone goes nuts, to a large amount of people that's what they think it is esp if they only have ever met ONE or none of us.

B

BikerEd

Bill that's kinda what I was hinting at,she can be tired and still do the dishes. However, she maybe getting extra flack due to moms feel obligated, and often over protective esp nowadays of their own childern and its easier to pick on the girlfriend that lives there and does nothing, cause she has an "asthma type thing" and before anyone goes nuts, to a large amount of people that's what they think it is esp if they only have ever met ONE or none of us.

musclemania70

Um, if someone else is supporting you and you are doing nothing to help out around the house or contributing financially, she has every right to wonder what you are doing.
She already has to support her own child, why should she support you too?
If you are not married you are not part of her family. She should not have to support you AT ALL.

musclemania70

Um, if someone else is supporting you and you are doing nothing to help out around the house or contributing financially, she has every right to wonder what you are doing.
She already has to support her own child, why should she support you too?
If you are not married you are not part of her family. She should not have to support you AT ALL.

mamaScarlett

She doesn't have a right to speak unkind to you. <br>You don't have an excuse to take it easy because of Cf.<br><br><br>

mamaScarlett

She doesn't have a right to speak unkind to you. <br>You don't have an excuse to take it easy because of Cf.<br><br><br>

kirstynkoffs

OK for a start I dont want to start a fight here but this poor girl needs a bit of support here! Her fev1 is 33% of course she feels tired! Obviously this person doesnt get the Cf thing but maybe she feels you could be doing more to help yourself? Do you excercise - something slow and steady to start with? Is your diabetes well managed? Do you do all your treatments - nebs, vest etc.? Maybe try doing them somewhere in the house where she can see the time and effort you have to put into your health EVERY DAY. Then do your bit too. On your good days do what you can- was dishes as has been said or other little things to help out.

The others are right, if you are there rent free she is probably a little resentful she has to support both you and her son. The other thing is mums can be pretty protective of their boys she may be worried that her boy will have to look after to you - i know that is the concern of my MIL. At the end of the day thought thats his choice and if he loves you that wont bother him at all! While you are under her roof though it may continue to be tricky the best thing may be to move out- what about your family. I guess what i am trying to say is your health status prob means that there will be times when you wont feel great and you have to focuss on yourself but her house obviously isn't an environment where you can do this.

kirstynkoffs

OK for a start I dont want to start a fight here but this poor girl needs a bit of support here! Her fev1 is 33% of course she feels tired! Obviously this person doesnt get the Cf thing but maybe she feels you could be doing more to help yourself? Do you excercise - something slow and steady to start with? Is your diabetes well managed? Do you do all your treatments - nebs, vest etc.? Maybe try doing them somewhere in the house where she can see the time and effort you have to put into your health EVERY DAY. Then do your bit too. On your good days do what you can- was dishes as has been said or other little things to help out.

The others are right, if you are there rent free she is probably a little resentful she has to support both you and her son. The other thing is mums can be pretty protective of their boys she may be worried that her boy will have to look after to you - i know that is the concern of my MIL. At the end of the day thought thats his choice and if he loves you that wont bother him at all! While you are under her roof though it may continue to be tricky the best thing may be to move out- what about your family. I guess what i am trying to say is your health status prob means that there will be times when you wont feel great and you have to focuss on yourself but her house obviously isn't an environment where you can do this.

carly23

I bed over backwards helping around the house i treat it as if it were my own thankyou very much!..i also do not use cf as an excuse to sleep in and do nothing what the hell?..im on top of all my nes and she sees that..im a strong individual that takes responsibility!..i dont let cf rule my life an use it for any type of excuse!..she poped off at me cause shes not happy with herself its not the first time either!..an yes my bf does work but hasnt got to go back as its slow...i just think that its wrong for her to say thin like that and its rude!..my fev is now 30% and yes i am
Tired and do hurt but i stil push myself always been that way!..i buy food and help with stuf so no shes not supporting me!..i love how everyone assumes smething on here and goes along with it ..thanks so much for support?

carly23

I bed over backwards helping around the house i treat it as if it were my own thankyou very much!..i also do not use cf as an excuse to sleep in and do nothing what the hell?..im on top of all my nes and she sees that..im a strong individual that takes responsibility!..i dont let cf rule my life an use it for any type of excuse!..she poped off at me cause shes not happy with herself its not the first time either!..an yes my bf does work but hasnt got to go back as its slow...i just think that its wrong for her to say thin like that and its rude!..my fev is now 30% and yes i am
Tired and do hurt but i stil push myself always been that way!..i buy food and help with stuf so no shes not supporting me!..i love how everyone assumes smething on here and goes along with it ..thanks so much for support?