working and PICC lines

soderick

I agree with everything said so-far. I have worked with PICC lines before (just serving coffee), and I NEVER skip classes, but once in a while, my doc has me hospitalized and forces me to stay in bed except to do treatments, exercise a bit, and use the bathroom. Those are the times that I recover most quickly, though the rest of my life gets put on hold.

soderick

I agree with everything said so-far. I have worked with PICC lines before (just serving coffee), and I NEVER skip classes, but once in a while, my doc has me hospitalized and forces me to stay in bed except to do treatments, exercise a bit, and use the bathroom. Those are the times that I recover most quickly, though the rest of my life gets put on hold.

soderick

soderick

soderick

nichi874

Trent worked with his PICC and he delivers drywall and building supplies. They even pulled his PICC in the back seat of the home nurses car. I know, not good! We now have about 30 socks that have the toes cut off because he used that to keep the line in place and not wiggle around his arm. But other than that he didn't have any problems with it

nichi874

Trent worked with his PICC and he delivers drywall and building supplies. They even pulled his PICC in the back seat of the home nurses car. I know, not good! We now have about 30 socks that have the toes cut off because he used that to keep the line in place and not wiggle around his arm. But other than that he didn't have any problems with it

nichi874

nichi874

nichi874

JulieMelissa

I wasn't allowed to work with my PICC because there was too much lifting and the amount of work and the air quality was what was making me sick at the time. I agree with everyone else, it sucks to be out the money but when your health is on the line and the doctor doesn't think he should be working then it might be best to take sometime off. Does he have any sick leave he can take?? How long do they want to run the IV for?? What kind of work does he do?? those are the types of questions that he should be looking at before deciding to continue working, can't really tell him not to but I think it's a better idea to stay home and get rest.

JulieMelissa

I wasn't allowed to work with my PICC because there was too much lifting and the amount of work and the air quality was what was making me sick at the time. I agree with everyone else, it sucks to be out the money but when your health is on the line and the doctor doesn't think he should be working then it might be best to take sometime off. Does he have any sick leave he can take?? How long do they want to run the IV for?? What kind of work does he do?? those are the types of questions that he should be looking at before deciding to continue working, can't really tell him not to but I think it's a better idea to stay home and get rest.

JulieMelissa

JulieMelissa

JulieMelissa

julie

Hmmmm, good information, thanks everyone!

LouLou, no he isn't on SSDI anymore, he decided to give working a try, but as you can see it's taken a toll on his health.

He doesn't do any lifting or any such activities at work, it's mostly desk work. However, he did mention he's really bummed about having to give up working out. He only does lifting, and is really wanting to get back into it considering he's lost about 35lbs in the last 3-4 months. Is it possible to do that type of a workout or is it too risky for the picc coming out?

julie

LouLou, no he isn't on SSDI anymore, he decided to give working a try, but as you can see it's taken a toll on his health.

He doesn't do any lifting or any such activities at work, it's mostly desk work. However, he did mention he's really bummed about having to give up working out. He only does lifting, and is really wanting to get back into it considering he's lost about 35lbs in the last 3-4 months. Is it possible to do that type of a workout or is it too risky for the picc coming out?

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />LouLou, no he isn't on SSDI anymore, he decided to give working a try, but as you can see it's taken a toll on his health.
<br />
<br />He doesn't do any lifting or any such activities at work, it's mostly desk work. However, he did mention he's really bummed about having to give up working out. He only does lifting, and is really wanting to get back into it considering he's lost about 35lbs in the last 3-4 months. Is it possible to do that type of a workout or is it too risky for the picc coming out?