Would you fly? Would you cancel vacation?

MamatoAlexa

I am going to talk to my CF center Monday morning. I guess I am trying to prep myself for the possibilty that they say it would be in our best interest to cancel our vacation. We have our plane tickets and room booked for mid May for Walt Dinsey World Flordia. As you will see in my siggie, I have two young daughters. No CF for them but they are young. If one of us gets sick, we all get sick. We are all just getting over a pretty nasty cold. I held it off for three weeks. Baby sneezed right in my mouth (eeewwwwww) and 7 days later I was sick.
*sigh* I worry about them just as much as I worry about me. Parenting is so hard!
So would you still go on vacation??

MamatoAlexa

I am going to talk to my CF center Monday morning. I guess I am trying to prep myself for the possibilty that they say it would be in our best interest to cancel our vacation. We have our plane tickets and room booked for mid May for Walt Dinsey World Flordia. As you will see in my siggie, I have two young daughters. No CF for them but they are young. If one of us gets sick, we all get sick. We are all just getting over a pretty nasty cold. I held it off for three weeks. Baby sneezed right in my mouth (eeewwwwww) and 7 days later I was sick.
*sigh* I worry about them just as much as I worry about me. Parenting is so hard!

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

<br />*sigh* I worry about them just as much as I worry about me. Parenting is so hard!
<br />So would you still go on vacation??

Nightwriter

I wouldn't cancel. If you can get past the media hype (reporters wearing masks while no one is standing anywhere near them) there have been only a few hundred confirmed cases. I can see not going to Mexico, but I don't think Florida is a hotbed for the virus. They are also saying Tamaflu works on the virus if it is taken with 24 hours of onset of symptoms. Unless your doctor says not to go -- I would ask him/her if it is an option to take Tamaflu along, just in case.

Nightwriter

I wouldn't cancel. If you can get past the media hype (reporters wearing masks while no one is standing anywhere near them) there have been only a few hundred confirmed cases. I can see not going to Mexico, but I don't think Florida is a hotbed for the virus. They are also saying Tamaflu works on the virus if it is taken with 24 hours of onset of symptoms. Unless your doctor says not to go -- I would ask him/her if it is an option to take Tamaflu along, just in case.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

MamatoAlexa

I did find this on the cdc website:
Antiviral Medications: Antiviral medications for the prevention of H1N1 flu (swine flu) should be considered for persons traveling within the United States who are at high risk of severe illness from influenza. This would include persons with certain chronic medical conditions, persons aged 65 or older, children aged younger than 5 years old and pregnant women. The recommended antiviral drugs for H1N1 flu (swine flu) are oseltamivir (brand name Tamiflu®) and zanamivir (brand name Relenza®). Both are prescription drugs that fight against swine flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. These drugs can prevent infection if taken as a preventative. Talk to your doctor about correct indications for using influenza antiviral medications. Always seek medical care if you are severely ill.

MamatoAlexa

Antiviral Medications: Antiviral medications for the prevention of H1N1 flu (swine flu) should be considered for persons traveling within the United States who are at high risk of severe illness from influenza. This would include persons with certain chronic medical conditions, persons aged 65 or older, children aged younger than 5 years old and pregnant women. The recommended antiviral drugs for H1N1 flu (swine flu) are oseltamivir (brand name Tamiflu®) and zanamivir (brand name Relenza®). Both are prescription drugs that fight against swine flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. These drugs can prevent infection if taken as a preventative. Talk to your doctor about correct indications for using influenza antiviral medications. Always seek medical care if you are severely ill.

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

<br />Antiviral Medications: Antiviral medications for the prevention of H1N1 flu (swine flu) should be considered for persons traveling within the United States who are at high risk of severe illness from influenza. This would include persons with certain chronic medical conditions, persons aged 65 or older, children aged younger than 5 years old and pregnant women. The recommended antiviral drugs for H1N1 flu (swine flu) are oseltamivir (brand name Tamiflu®) and zanamivir (brand name Relenza®). Both are prescription drugs that fight against swine flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. These drugs can prevent infection if taken as a preventative. Talk to your doctor about correct indications for using influenza antiviral medications. Always seek medical care if you are severely ill.
<br />

TestifyToLove

We're leaving for M's MAW trip to Disney on the 15th. However, we opted to drive versus fly. I would be really torn aout flying right now. I don't think Disney is going to be a major risk, honestly but the recycle air of an airplane can be a serious issue if one person had the flu. That said, that risk would be there whether this strain of influenza were circulating or not.

I *think* I'm going to ask our doctor to give me a script for Tamiflu for M only but the rest of us. We'll take his medical summary and contact info for the closest CFF center there.

TestifyToLove

We're leaving for M's MAW trip to Disney on the 15th. However, we opted to drive versus fly. I would be really torn aout flying right now. I don't think Disney is going to be a major risk, honestly but the recycle air of an airplane can be a serious issue if one person had the flu. That said, that risk would be there whether this strain of influenza were circulating or not.

I *think* I'm going to ask our doctor to give me a script for Tamiflu for M only but the rest of us. We'll take his medical summary and contact info for the closest CFF center there.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />I *think* I'm going to ask our doctor to give me a script for Tamiflu for M only but the rest of us. We'll take his medical summary and contact info for the closest CFF center there.