Would you fly? Would you cancel vacation?

jaimers

Super Moderator
i would get a prescription for tamiflu before you go and take it with you but definitely wouldn't cancel the trip.

it's more likely you would run into regular flu than swine flu. here's what my cf doc told me (quote from an email he sent me): "Of note, seasonal influenza is still many,many times more likely than swine flu, with many many times more deaths resulting from it, even at this late point in the flu season."
so unless you're planning to go to mexico i think you'll be fine. but like a previous poster said, recirculated plane air is gross but this is true whether there is a swine flu outbreak or not....

enjoy your trip!

jaimers

Super Moderator
i would get a prescription for tamiflu before you go and take it with you but definitely wouldn't cancel the trip.

it's more likely you would run into regular flu than swine flu. here's what my cf doc told me (quote from an email he sent me): "Of note, seasonal influenza is still many,many times more likely than swine flu, with many many times more deaths resulting from it, even at this late point in the flu season."
so unless you're planning to go to mexico i think you'll be fine. but like a previous poster said, recirculated plane air is gross but this is true whether there is a swine flu outbreak or not....

enjoy your trip!

jaimers

Super Moderator

enjoy your trip!

jaimers

Super Moderator

enjoy your trip!

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />it's more likely you would run into regular flu than swine flu. here's what my cf doc told me (quote from an email he sent me): "Of note, seasonal influenza is still many,many times more likely than swine flu, with many many times more deaths resulting from it, even at this late point in the flu season."
<br />so unless you're planning to go to mexico i think you'll be fine. but like a previous poster said, recirculated plane air is gross but this is true whether there is a swine flu outbreak or not....
<br />
<br />enjoy your trip!
<br />
<br />

biz

while I completly understand your concerns about flying and wanting to take percautions, as I am with my son also. I do have to express my opinion and please understand I do not wish to offend any one, I actually find it a little amusing. But everyone is so worried about flying to Disney, I would be more scared about Disney itself and the fact of it being a visited place of people from all over the world who could carry any kind of bug, virus, or what have you.
----------------------------------------------
Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

while I completly understand your concerns about flying and wanting to take percautions, as I am with my son also. I do have to express my opinion and please understand I do not wish to offend any one, I actually find it a little amusing. But everyone is so worried about flying to Disney, I would be more scared about Disney itself and the fact of it being a visited place of people from all over the world who could carry any kind of bug, virus, or what have you.
Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

<br />----------------------------------------------
<br />Elizabeth
<br />mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

dyza

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>biz</b></i>

while I completly understand your concerns about flying and wanting to take percautions, as I am with my son also. I do have to express my opinion and please understand I do not wish to offend any one, I actually find it a little amusing. But everyone is so worried about flying to Disney, I would be more scared about Disney itself and the fact of it being a visited place of people from all over the world who could carry any kind of bug, virus, or what have you.</end quote></div>

and you thought the media were scaremongering.....you do have a point there mind.

I read that the swine flu that has been detected outside of Mexico is not as dangerous and that it has weakened to a degree. It has affected Scotland where we have a couple of cases and also the first human to human case. Also the warm weather coming in now seems to be helping fight the virus, so by mid May it may be over

Craig

dyza

while I completly understand your concerns about flying and wanting to take percautions, as I am with my son also. I do have to express my opinion and please understand I do not wish to offend any one, I actually find it a little amusing. But everyone is so worried about flying to Disney, I would be more scared about Disney itself and the fact of it being a visited place of people from all over the world who could carry any kind of bug, virus, or what have you.</end quote></div>

and you thought the media were scaremongering.....you do have a point there mind.

I read that the swine flu that has been detected outside of Mexico is not as dangerous and that it has weakened to a degree. It has affected Scotland where we have a couple of cases and also the first human to human case. Also the warm weather coming in now seems to be helping fight the virus, so by mid May it may be over

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

while I completly understand your concerns about flying and wanting to take percautions, as I am with my son also. I do have to express my opinion and please understand I do not wish to offend any one, I actually find it a little amusing. But everyone is so worried about flying to Disney, I would be more scared about Disney itself and the fact of it being a visited place of people from all over the world who could carry any kind of bug, virus, or what have you.</end quote>

Craig

dyza

<br />
<br />while I completly understand your concerns about flying and wanting to take percautions, as I am with my son also. I do have to express my opinion and please understand I do not wish to offend any one, I actually find it a little amusing. But everyone is so worried about flying to Disney, I would be more scared about Disney itself and the fact of it being a visited place of people from all over the world who could carry any kind of bug, virus, or what have you.</end quote>
<br />
<br />and you thought the media were scaremongering.....you do have a point there mind.
<br />
<br />I read that the swine flu that has been detected outside of Mexico is not as dangerous and that it has weakened to a degree. It has affected Scotland where we have a couple of cases and also the first human to human case. Also the warm weather coming in now seems to be helping fight the virus, so by mid May it may be over
<br />
<br />
<br />Craig
<br />
<br />

Liza

I wouldn't cancel the trip if the doctor's say it's OK to fly. Things could be died down by the time you fly. So many people are hyper aware of the situation that I have noticed less coughy people out there. If at all possible, consider wearing an N95 mask, don't know if you can get your kiddos to wear one though. They are kinda hard to breathe through for long periods of time. I think if you take some lysol/clorox wipes and wipe down your seats, arms to the seats, buckles and straps as well as the pocket and tray that'd be good. And as others have suggested, take some precautionary meds. along.

As for all the germs at Disney, you can't live in a bubble, just wash frequently. I personally don't like touching hand rails as I walk along or (and I know it can be danergous)the escalator rails. But that's just me, Anna and Rachel hold on to them all the time.

Hope you have a great time if you go.

Liza

I wouldn't cancel the trip if the doctor's say it's OK to fly. Things could be died down by the time you fly. So many people are hyper aware of the situation that I have noticed less coughy people out there. If at all possible, consider wearing an N95 mask, don't know if you can get your kiddos to wear one though. They are kinda hard to breathe through for long periods of time. I think if you take some lysol/clorox wipes and wipe down your seats, arms to the seats, buckles and straps as well as the pocket and tray that'd be good. And as others have suggested, take some precautionary meds. along.

As for all the germs at Disney, you can't live in a bubble, just wash frequently. I personally don't like touching hand rails as I walk along or (and I know it can be danergous)the escalator rails. But that's just me, Anna and Rachel hold on to them all the time.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />As for all the germs at Disney, you can't live in a bubble, just wash frequently. I personally don't like touching hand rails as I walk along or (and I know it can be danergous)the escalator rails. But that's just me, Anna and Rachel hold on to them all the time.
<br />
<br />Hope you have a great time if you go.
<br />