Zithromax and Nausea

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS pretty much switched all meds from suspensions to pill for in April and hasn't had much of an issue except when he doesn't swallow his septra tablet right away and the coating wears off.

Anyway, he's had 3 vomiting episodes a couple hours after taking his pre-dinner meds and they've all occured on the days he's taken his zithromax. He takes his tablet every other day. Twice it's been a really warm day and he's in the backseat of the car; however, this past weekend, he came running over to me and led me to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Sorry if TMI, but this time it was mostly liquid, no chunks from dinner. Thinking of the times when I've had the Z-pak and the first double dose and how badly my stomach has hurt, I asked him if his stomach hurt or if he just felt sick. And he said he just felt sick.

He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS pretty much switched all meds from suspensions to pill for in April and hasn't had much of an issue except when he doesn't swallow his septra tablet right away and the coating wears off.

Anyway, he's had 3 vomiting episodes a couple hours after taking his pre-dinner meds and they've all occured on the days he's taken his zithromax. He takes his tablet every other day. Twice it's been a really warm day and he's in the backseat of the car; however, this past weekend, he came running over to me and led me to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Sorry if TMI, but this time it was mostly liquid, no chunks from dinner. Thinking of the times when I've had the Z-pak and the first double dose and how badly my stomach has hurt, I asked him if his stomach hurt or if he just felt sick. And he said he just felt sick.

He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Anyway, he's had 3 vomiting episodes a couple hours after taking his pre-dinner meds and they've all occured on the days he's taken his zithromax. He takes his tablet every other day. Twice it's been a really warm day and he's in the backseat of the car; however, this past weekend, he came running over to me and led me to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Sorry if TMI, but this time it was mostly liquid, no chunks from dinner. Thinking of the times when I've had the Z-pak and the first double dose and how badly my stomach has hurt, I asked him if his stomach hurt or if he just felt sick. And he said he just felt sick.
<br />
<br />He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.

JazzysMom

FUNNY (well not really) that you mention this. Last night I took my Zithromax & was naucious like anything. I didnt actually vomit tho I wish I would have.

I contributed it to the fact that I was sick.....

I dont recall having this issue before tho so maybe its a combo for me.

I am curious to see what happens at my next dose.

JazzysMom

FUNNY (well not really) that you mention this. Last night I took my Zithromax & was naucious like anything. I didnt actually vomit tho I wish I would have.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I contributed it to the fact that I was sick.....
<br />
<br />I dont recall having this issue before tho so maybe its a combo for me.
<br />
<br />I am curious to see what happens at my next dose.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
He was fine with his dose on Thursday nite -- he'd gotten "car sick" on Tuesday and prior to that he got sick on the way home from gymnastics over a week and a half before. Maybe it is just an issue of being overly tired or car sick and the feeling a little off makes him a little more sensitive to his meds.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
He was fine with his dose on Thursday nite -- he'd gotten "car sick" on Tuesday and prior to that he got sick on the way home from gymnastics over a week and a half before. Maybe it is just an issue of being overly tired or car sick and the feeling a little off makes him a little more sensitive to his meds.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

M

mneville

Aidan aged 3 has taken Zithromax pills alot but I've never noticed any issues with nausea. He does sometimes throw up in the car though in the summer esp when it's hot.

Just curious- what precipitated the docs to put your son on it three days a week? I want that for Aidan but doc disagees.

Megan

M

mneville

Aidan aged 3 has taken Zithromax pills alot but I've never noticed any issues with nausea. He does sometimes throw up in the car though in the summer esp when it's hot.

Just curious- what precipitated the docs to put your son on it three days a week? I want that for Aidan but doc disagees.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Just curious- what precipitated the docs to put your son on it three days a week? I want that for Aidan but doc disagees.
<br />
<br />Megan