Zithromax and Nausea

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.</end quote></div>

But he shouldn't "hurl". Too many people these days want the "quick fix", and rather then going out and taking a pro-active stance on their health, simply decide to pop a pill. I used to take Zithromax every single day. But I wish I knew then what I know now. I'm not saying this works for all CF patients, so don't get me wrong here. You have been presented an excellent opportunity. Maybe it's a sign that your son is showing side effects from antibiotics? I don't know how bad your son is, but if the situation were reversed, I would wean him off of all antibiotics and cleanse his body. Try to get him to consume only healthy foods; cause in this day and age, one must look diligently to find anything not synthetically made. That is the goal of the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry- make everyone sick so they must rely on medicines which the FDA provides; so the chain of raking in the cash never ends. That's the horror of unbridled capitalism- more emphasis on money than humans. They cannot patent a natural remedy; so right away they discount it and downplay its significance. I know I have a habit of rambling; but above all, make sure your son stops consuming anything that says, "Diet.".
I realize that quitting antibiotics is not an option for every CF'er, but IMO antibiotics and drugs as a whole are what is contributing to you being sick. Look at animals in the wild; they don't get diabetes or CF or the like because we haven't gotten our collective clawhooks into them. Unless they are in captivity, they stay somewhat healthy. I am no medical expert, but I have had great success in implementing this procedure. We were born on earth, and our creator made sure we have everything here that we need to remain healthy.

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.</end quote></div>

But he shouldn't "hurl". Too many people these days want the "quick fix", and rather then going out and taking a pro-active stance on their health, simply decide to pop a pill. I used to take Zithromax every single day. But I wish I knew then what I know now. I'm not saying this works for all CF patients, so don't get me wrong here. You have been presented an excellent opportunity. Maybe it's a sign that your son is showing side effects from antibiotics? I don't know how bad your son is, but if the situation were reversed, I would wean him off of all antibiotics and cleanse his body. Try to get him to consume only healthy foods; cause in this day and age, one must look diligently to find anything not synthetically made. That is the goal of the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry- make everyone sick so they must rely on medicines which the FDA provides; so the chain of raking in the cash never ends. That's the horror of unbridled capitalism- more emphasis on money than humans. They cannot patent a natural remedy; so right away they discount it and downplay its significance. I know I have a habit of rambling; but above all, make sure your son stops consuming anything that says, "Diet.".
I realize that quitting antibiotics is not an option for every CF'er, but IMO antibiotics and drugs as a whole are what is contributing to you being sick. Look at animals in the wild; they don't get diabetes or CF or the like because we haven't gotten our collective clawhooks into them. Unless they are in captivity, they stay somewhat healthy. I am no medical expert, but I have had great success in implementing this procedure. We were born on earth, and our creator made sure we have everything here that we need to remain healthy.

Solo

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.</end quote>

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>He's fine after he hurls. It's only happened 3 times in the almost 3 months since he's been on this med.</end quote>
<br />
<br />But he shouldn't "hurl". Too many people these days want the "quick fix", and rather then going out and taking a pro-active stance on their health, simply decide to pop a pill. I used to take Zithromax every single day. But I wish I knew then what I know now. I'm not saying this works for all CF patients, so don't get me wrong here. You have been presented an excellent opportunity. Maybe it's a sign that your son is showing side effects from antibiotics? I don't know how bad your son is, but if the situation were reversed, I would wean him off of all antibiotics and cleanse his body. Try to get him to consume only healthy foods; cause in this day and age, one must look diligently to find anything not synthetically made. That is the goal of the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry- make everyone sick so they must rely on medicines which the FDA provides; so the chain of raking in the cash never ends. That's the horror of unbridled capitalism- more emphasis on money than humans. They cannot patent a natural remedy; so right away they discount it and downplay its significance. I know I have a habit of rambling; but above all, make sure your son stops consuming anything that says, "Diet.".
<br /> I realize that quitting antibiotics is not an option for every CF'er, but IMO antibiotics and drugs as a whole are what is contributing to you being sick. Look at animals in the wild; they don't get diabetes or CF or the like because we haven't gotten our collective clawhooks into them. Unless they are in captivity, they stay somewhat healthy. I am no medical expert, but I have had great success in implementing this procedure. We were born on earth, and our creator made sure we have everything here that we need to remain healthy.
<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Picked him up at preschool yesterday. He'd just come in from the playground -- covered in sand and all sweaty -- they do make sure he gets adequate salt and water, sunscreen... Anyway, got him home and gave him a cold drink and a snack, his meds along with 3 saltine crackers. Had pasta and yogurt for supper an hour later. A couple hours later he was burping constantly and wondering why he burps all the time, but was fine.

Have to admit I'm not a little gun-shy on the days he takes it, even though 87 out of the 90 days and occuring since our weather turned warmer in the past two weeks, he's been on it, he hasn't gotten sick... Guess tonight being that it's supposed to still be fairly warm and he's NOT due to take his zithromax tablet, we'll see what happens...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Picked him up at preschool yesterday. He'd just come in from the playground -- covered in sand and all sweaty -- they do make sure he gets adequate salt and water, sunscreen... Anyway, got him home and gave him a cold drink and a snack, his meds along with 3 saltine crackers. Had pasta and yogurt for supper an hour later. A couple hours later he was burping constantly and wondering why he burps all the time, but was fine.

Have to admit I'm not a little gun-shy on the days he takes it, even though 87 out of the 90 days and occuring since our weather turned warmer in the past two weeks, he's been on it, he hasn't gotten sick... Guess tonight being that it's supposed to still be fairly warm and he's NOT due to take his zithromax tablet, we'll see what happens...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Have to admit I'm not a little gun-shy on the days he takes it, even though 87 out of the 90 days and occuring since our weather turned warmer in the past two weeks, he's been on it, he hasn't gotten sick... Guess tonight being that it's supposed to still be fairly warm and he's NOT due to take his zithromax tablet, we'll see what happens...

CaliSally

As for the Sunlight/nausea issue, here is what our pharmacologist wrote me:

"Azithromax can increase the risk of sunburn as other antibiotics do, but I'm not aware that the sunlight would relate to nausea.
Zithromax can cause nausea directly though"

CaliSally

"Azithromax can increase the risk of sunburn as other antibiotics do, but I'm not aware that the sunlight would relate to nausea.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />
<br />"Azithromax can increase the risk of sunburn as other antibiotics do, but I'm not aware that the sunlight would relate to nausea.
<br />Zithromax can cause nausea directly though"