Zithromax and Nausea

kmaried

Hi Liza,

What if he takes it before bed? I take Zithro MWF also, and had no problem when I took 250 mg. When I crossed the 100 lb border (yea me!), they upped me to 500 mg. That's when I'd get nauseaus sometimes. I find that if I take it before bed I never have a problem (maybe I just sleep through it - but regardless it isn't severe enough to wake me up!!) Maybe if he wasn't running around / in the car / etc afterward he'd tolerate it better!

Kris
26 w/cf

kmaried

Hi Liza,

What if he takes it before bed? I take Zithro MWF also, and had no problem when I took 250 mg. When I crossed the 100 lb border (yea me!), they upped me to 500 mg. That's when I'd get nauseaus sometimes. I find that if I take it before bed I never have a problem (maybe I just sleep through it - but regardless it isn't severe enough to wake me up!!) Maybe if he wasn't running around / in the car / etc afterward he'd tolerate it better!

Kris
26 w/cf

kmaried

Hi Liza,

Kris
26 w/cf

kmaried

Hi Liza,

Kris
26 w/cf

kmaried

Hi Liza,
<br />
<br />What if he takes it before bed? I take Zithro MWF also, and had no problem when I took 250 mg. When I crossed the 100 lb border (yea me!), they upped me to 500 mg. That's when I'd get nauseaus sometimes. I find that if I take it before bed I never have a problem (maybe I just sleep through it - but regardless it isn't severe enough to wake me up!!) Maybe if he wasn't running around / in the car / etc afterward he'd tolerate it better!
<br />
<br />Kris
<br />26 w/cf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
He was on a 200 mg/5ml suspension (2.5 ml) once a day, but he started giving us trouble with his liquid meds -- around the time we started doing nasal washes, he realized how nasty his septra, aquaadeks and zithromax tasted, so we asked if he could switch to pills being that he's been taking his enzymes whole for a long while. I believe it has to do with the size of dosage -- a 250 mg tablet every other day.

I give him his meds about 5:30, he usually has a snack with a drink then we do his vest and nebs. The one night he had gymnastics and we were heading home about 7:45-8 after picking up something from Burger King (his choice -- that alone would make me hurl). He told my husband that he threw up 'cuz he was driving too fast. Ditto the day we got caught in city rush hour traffic, although that was a lot of starting and stopping and I was getting a bit car sick as well.

I seem to recall the doctor mentioning something about stomach pain occuring with some patients -- indicated that some aids patients take a handful of zithromax. Guess we'll find out tonight.

And maybe it's just summertime. Last summer hurled a few times and I attributed it ODing on salted peanuts and kool-aid.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
He was on a 200 mg/5ml suspension (2.5 ml) once a day, but he started giving us trouble with his liquid meds -- around the time we started doing nasal washes, he realized how nasty his septra, aquaadeks and zithromax tasted, so we asked if he could switch to pills being that he's been taking his enzymes whole for a long while. I believe it has to do with the size of dosage -- a 250 mg tablet every other day.

I give him his meds about 5:30, he usually has a snack with a drink then we do his vest and nebs. The one night he had gymnastics and we were heading home about 7:45-8 after picking up something from Burger King (his choice -- that alone would make me hurl). He told my husband that he threw up 'cuz he was driving too fast. Ditto the day we got caught in city rush hour traffic, although that was a lot of starting and stopping and I was getting a bit car sick as well.

I seem to recall the doctor mentioning something about stomach pain occuring with some patients -- indicated that some aids patients take a handful of zithromax. Guess we'll find out tonight.

And maybe it's just summertime. Last summer hurled a few times and I attributed it ODing on salted peanuts and kool-aid.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I give him his meds about 5:30, he usually has a snack with a drink then we do his vest and nebs. The one night he had gymnastics and we were heading home about 7:45-8 after picking up something from Burger King (his choice -- that alone would make me hurl). He told my husband that he threw up 'cuz he was driving too fast. Ditto the day we got caught in city rush hour traffic, although that was a lot of starting and stopping and I was getting a bit car sick as well.
<br />
<br />I seem to recall the doctor mentioning something about stomach pain occuring with some patients -- indicated that some aids patients take a handful of zithromax. Guess we'll find out tonight.
<br />
<br />And maybe it's just summertime. Last summer hurled a few times and I attributed it ODing on salted peanuts and kool-aid.