Zithromax?

anonymous

I have had the same problem except it has last for 6 days. I am at the point where I cannot stay off predisone or my lips and mouth will swell up and then my throat starts to close. You are the first person that I have found who has had this problem, and I am trying to get an idea if anyone else had this, how long it lasted, etc. I was taking this for bronchitis.Tim

anonymous

HiI wanted to ask Salima or anyone else who might know a question. My son Sean 8w/cf "healthy", was told by his Dr. to hold off on the Zithro, because he PFT's weren't falling and were and had aways been around 125%. We said OK, but I'm wonder now..<b>Hold Off</b>???????

anonymous

Just wondering, if Zithromax is used for it's anti-inflammatory properties for the lungs, would it have any benefit on the sinuses, too, since they are still part of the respiratory tract? Anyone have improvement in the sinuses after starting Zithromax for the lungs?? Thanks!

anonymous

Interestingly enough my son had a nasal polyp last year and they put him on zythromax - I don't exactly remember the regimen and when he went back for a recheck it had shrunk. At the time, the pulm. and ent said that this sometimes works and it did for him; he was 4 at the time. As far as the sinus' in general - I don't know. Take care - Jo Ann

anonymous

HI,My daughter also taking zithromax on mon, tues and wed for three months also and her pft are also on tuesday. The reason why shes taking it is because she have bad case of staph ( usually it does not harm for CF, but for my daughter she has MRSA in the pasts, she also grew psuedomonas )She also is on Tobi and pulmonzyeme and These medication are very good. It helps. so you are not alone out there.if you need to email me, go ahead and email me at bluocean4@hotmail.comP.S. I hear zithromax are one of the antiboitic very good. She just started Yesterday.

anonymous

HI -- I have two children with CF (one 7 and one 9). My Dr explained to me that the zithro is generally used as an alternative to treat pseudomonas. If there has been an active pseud culture, then the zithro is not enough coverage therefore inhaled antibiotics. If the culture comes back neg to pseud but has been positive in the past, then the zithro is used. I have one on zithro and one on the inhaled antibiotic. Believe me, treatment times are not pleasant around here with the 7 year old having to do more treatments than the other one. If your child has never cultured positive to pseud, then that is why your dr would recommend holding off. No need to have your child become immune to the drug before actually needing it. Good Luck - Debra