Zyvox antibiotic and MRSA Staph

crystalina0814

Have any of you had Zyvox to treat your staph lung infection? If so, what were your side effects? Did it help you increase FEV1 and get better? After months and months off and on Bactrim, my doctor mentioned this abx today and said we may try it if I don't improve within the week. I am just curious to hear your repsonses!

crystalina0814

Have any of you had Zyvox to treat your staph lung infection? If so, what were your side effects? Did it help you increase FEV1 and get better? After months and months off and on Bactrim, my doctor mentioned this abx today and said we may try it if I don't improve within the week. I am just curious to hear your repsonses!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

LouLou

Hi Christina, I have been on Zyvox a couple times since my first culture of MRSA in Oct/07. Vancomycin and Zyvox are my two go to drugs for MRSA. I switch back and forth each time so that I don't become resist to either hopefully. I'm also always put on a anti-pseudomonal drug so that the PA can't get the upper hand. I do not have any orals left to treat my PA so I must do IVs each time I require antibiotics. I have not had any ill effects from Zyvox and I did not stop Lexapro which is recommended due to serotonin syndrome.

LouLou

Hi Christina, I have been on Zyvox a couple times since my first culture of MRSA in Oct/07. Vancomycin and Zyvox are my two go to drugs for MRSA. I switch back and forth each time so that I don't become resist to either hopefully. I'm also always put on a anti-pseudomonal drug so that the PA can't get the upper hand. I do not have any orals left to treat my PA so I must do IVs each time I require antibiotics. I have not had any ill effects from Zyvox and I did not stop Lexapro which is recommended due to serotonin syndrome.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

crystalina0814

That is good to hear! I am the queen of getting the side effects when it comes taking abx. If it is a possible side effect, I will get it, haha. At least it feels that way!

crystalina0814

That is good to hear! I am the queen of getting the side effects when it comes taking abx. If it is a possible side effect, I will get it, haha. At least it feels that way!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

B

bethylove

I always feel great taking zyvox for my mrsa, I feel it works great -- so much better than bactrim (for me at least). The only side effect I had, was it upset my belly for the first few days, but everything went back to normal after a few upset belly days. Good luck!

B

bethylove

I always feel great taking zyvox for my mrsa, I feel it works great -- so much better than bactrim (for me at least). The only side effect I had, was it upset my belly for the first few days, but everything went back to normal after a few upset belly days. Good luck!

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

B

bethylove