Anyone Have GERD and get PG?

Kristen

So, I am pregnant again, although I am way too nervous to get excited yet, after what happened last time (I am only 13dpo right now). But, I need to start taking extra good care of myself.

Which brings me to my question - what meds did you take for GERD while PG? I am currently on Zegerid, but it's a Pregnancy Category C drug, as are all of the other proton pump inhibitors. My CF doctor said it was okay to keep taking it, but I'm still a little nervous about it and am considering switching to Zantac (which is pregnancy category B). Did anyone switch meds or continue taking a proton pump inhibitor when they got PG?

Kristen

So, I am pregnant again, although I am way too nervous to get excited yet, after what happened last time (I am only 13dpo right now). But, I need to start taking extra good care of myself.

Which brings me to my question - what meds did you take for GERD while PG? I am currently on Zegerid, but it's a Pregnancy Category C drug, as are all of the other proton pump inhibitors. My CF doctor said it was okay to keep taking it, but I'm still a little nervous about it and am considering switching to Zantac (which is pregnancy category B). Did anyone switch meds or continue taking a proton pump inhibitor when they got PG?

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />Which brings me to my question - what meds did you take for GERD while PG? I am currently on Zegerid, but it's a Pregnancy Category C drug, as are all of the other proton pump inhibitors. My CF doctor said it was okay to keep taking it, but I'm still a little nervous about it and am considering switching to Zantac (which is pregnancy category B). Did anyone switch meds or continue taking a proton pump inhibitor when they got PG?

K

Keepercjr

Kristin. Congrats again!!! I had a m/c at 7 weeks before I got pregnant w/ Scarlett so I know how you feel right now. I take Nexium but stopped both times while pregnant - my choice. I took zantac when needed and it worked fine. HTH.

K

Keepercjr

Kristin. Congrats again!!! I had a m/c at 7 weeks before I got pregnant w/ Scarlett so I know how you feel right now. I take Nexium but stopped both times while pregnant - my choice. I took zantac when needed and it worked fine. HTH.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

S

semperfiohana

i had really bad heartburn while i was pregnant with aj and have had an issue in the last two weeks. i took zantac the entire time. i'm normally not on any heartburn medicine. it got to the point to where i was taking zantac when i got up in the morning and still chewing tums during the day and waking up at night to chew a tum or two. i asked my high risk ob if there was anything he would consider putting me on and he asked me if i was taking the zantac twice a day. i told him no cause i thought you couldn't with the 150. he told me you could so i took one in the morning and one at night. sometimes i would still have to chew some tums. i don't know if it this will help you any at all. if not sorry and disregard me lol.

S

semperfiohana

i had really bad heartburn while i was pregnant with aj and have had an issue in the last two weeks. i took zantac the entire time. i'm normally not on any heartburn medicine. it got to the point to where i was taking zantac when i got up in the morning and still chewing tums during the day and waking up at night to chew a tum or two. i asked my high risk ob if there was anything he would consider putting me on and he asked me if i was taking the zantac twice a day. i told him no cause i thought you couldn't with the 150. he told me you could so i took one in the morning and one at night. sometimes i would still have to chew some tums. i don't know if it this will help you any at all. if not sorry and disregard me lol.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

Jeana

I just did the Tums, which I ate like candy, and it still didn't help. But I felt like I was already giving Alex lots of Category C types of antibiotics (and a D--Tobramycin), so I didn't ask for anything else.

Jeana

I just did the Tums, which I ate like candy, and it still didn't help. But I felt like I was already giving Alex lots of Category C types of antibiotics (and a D--Tobramycin), so I didn't ask for anything else.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana