1. C

Leaving

2. C

Leaving

3. C

Leaving

4. C

Want to donate VEST

I don't believe that is 100% true. After a certain point of time it is yours. I believe I received a letter in a mail saying mine was finished being paid for by insurance and is mine. It is not rented, like an oxygen concentrator is. I do believe you are correct in that while the insurance...
  5. C

Want to donate VEST

Was your old house tested for mold?, etc. Seems like the move changed something, leads me to believe there was something toxic in your old house. I am not sure that explains the sweat test result changes though.
  6. C

Want to donate VEST

Unless he got a lung transplant, I'd hold on to it. I'd also get a second opinion on stopping all treatments... In the least he is gonna get common colds etc and that would be a good time to pull it out to make sure to keep his lungs clear.
  7. C

Do you go to work when on home IV treatment?

In general, I would say as long as you are not going against a no work order from your doctor you should be fine. Since this is your first time I would just call your doctor and ask him/her if it was ok to work a few hours a day. I don't think the nurses visits have anything to do with it...
  8. C

Sore toe...just one side

Was thinking gout as well. Ask to have your uric acid tested. Foods high in purines cause this. CF enzymes are high in purines, as is red meat, certain types of fish, beer, spinach etc etc.
  9. C

O2 sats

If you can, buy an oximeter and check your sats at home doing everyday activities, making dinner, eating, doing you treatments, getting dressed, walking up one flight of stairs, etc. Also check it at different times of the day. You may be higher in the morning and start dropping off later in...
  10. C

O2 sats

If you can, buy an oximeter and check your sats at home doing everyday activities, making dinner, eating, doing you treatments, getting dressed, walking up one flight of stairs, etc. Also check it at different times of the day. You may be higher in the morning and start dropping off later in...
  11. C

Aerovanc for MRSA

This is good news, I hope it is successful. I have heard of people doing off-label inhaled vancomycin. I was thinking of trying to see if I could try it, since MRSA seems to be my biggest issue of late. Not to hijack the thread, but I am curious if anyone has any positive results with doing...
  12. C

Aerovanc for MRSA

This is good news, I hope it is successful. I have heard of people doing off-label inhaled vancomycin. I was thinking of trying to see if I could try it, since MRSA seems to be my biggest issue of late. Not to hijack the thread, but I am curious if anyone has any positive results with doing...
  13. C

Bike riding with O2

Depending on how much oxygen you need, you can try getting one of those camel pak type backpacks. Take out the part that holds water, and put in a small 02 tank. It works better if you can use a breath actuated (pulse) regulator so you can get more time out of a small tank. Put on the...
  14. C

Bike riding with O2

Depending on how much oxygen you need, you can try getting one of those camel pak type backpacks. Take out the part that holds water, and put in a small 02 tank. It works better if you can use a breath actuated (pulse) regulator so you can get more time out of a small tank. Put on the...
  15. C

Starting Oxygen at Night

Yup oxygen sure is drying to your nose, but I would not use the irrigation on your concentrator. Get a good nasal saline gel and use it a couple times a day.
  16. C

Starting Oxygen at Night

Yup oxygen sure is drying to your nose, but I would not use the irrigation on your concentrator. Get a good nasal saline gel and use it a couple times a day.
  17. C

good idea

I personally don't like the sub categories. I get it, from an organizational point of view, it looks good. I just don't think its practical for forums like this.
  18. C

good idea

I personally don't like the sub categories. I get it, from an organizational point of view, it looks good. I just don't think its practical for forums like this.
  19. C

Need for Better Searching capabilities

Well, I was searching for a thread from about a year ago on Combined insurance, the hospital sickness policy. I was pretty sure it was created in March of 2011, and pretty sure it was created by Julie. I've tried to search it a number a ways, with no luck. I then tried google as you...
  20. C

Need for Better Searching capabilities

Well, I was searching for a thread from about a year ago on Combined insurance, the hospital sickness policy. I was pretty sure it was created in March of 2011, and pretty sure it was created by Julie. I've tried to search it a number a ways, with no luck. I then tried google as you...