Financial Problems

bagged2drag

I'm really putting this out there.

I was just curious how many people have been largely affected financially by cf?

I have things somewhat under control now, but in the last few years, I have had a lot of insurance problems leading to many bills. There are so many, and for so much, that it is hard to get anywhere with them. I now have a job with good insurance, and also have state supplemental insurance to help out (wish I had that in the past) but I am so far in the hole that I have no idea how to get out.

I am working full time now, have a good job, and going to school full time, but after rent, utilities, a car payment, gas, keeping up with current medical costs and etc., my pretty good wage still doesn't leave much to pay my past bills, and it is just killing my credit. I make too much now for bankruptcy, and if I restructure, my payments would be almost 700 a month. Anyone else in a situation similar?

bagged2drag

I was just curious how many people have been largely affected financially by cf?

I have things somewhat under control now, but in the last few years, I have had a lot of insurance problems leading to many bills. There are so many, and for so much, that it is hard to get anywhere with them. I now have a job with good insurance, and also have state supplemental insurance to help out (wish I had that in the past) but I am so far in the hole that I have no idea how to get out.

I am working full time now, have a good job, and going to school full time, but after rent, utilities, a car payment, gas, keeping up with current medical costs and etc., my pretty good wage still doesn't leave much to pay my past bills, and it is just killing my credit. I make too much now for bankruptcy, and if I restructure, my payments would be almost 700 a month. Anyone else in a situation similar?

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bittyhorse23

Hi. I can't offer too much advice since I am not in a similar situation but I wanted to ask if you have talked to the bill collectors and see if you can get a much lower payment. Maybe if you explain what is going on and tell them that you can only pay x amount each month and that if you have to pay what they have requested you won't be able to make the payments and will end up not paying, that they will take what you can give them. It's just a thought.

I had a friend whose ex bought a large amount of furniture under her name because his credit was shot. When they split he stopped making the payments. She worked out a deal with the loan place to make smaller payments since she couldn't pay what they wanted and her credit had been screwed up so bad by him. She also worked something out to get the amount she owed down since she was unawre of the situation. He stopped making payments almost a year before she found out so by the time she was aware she had all these fees and charges that were almost the same amount as the loan itself. I am sure she got lucky with all this but it can't hurt to try.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you!!

bittyhorse23

Hi. I can't offer too much advice since I am not in a similar situation but I wanted to ask if you have talked to the bill collectors and see if you can get a much lower payment. Maybe if you explain what is going on and tell them that you can only pay x amount each month and that if you have to pay what they have requested you won't be able to make the payments and will end up not paying, that they will take what you can give them. It's just a thought.

I had a friend whose ex bought a large amount of furniture under her name because his credit was shot. When they split he stopped making the payments. She worked out a deal with the loan place to make smaller payments since she couldn't pay what they wanted and her credit had been screwed up so bad by him. She also worked something out to get the amount she owed down since she was unawre of the situation. He stopped making payments almost a year before she found out so by the time she was aware she had all these fees and charges that were almost the same amount as the loan itself. I am sure she got lucky with all this but it can't hurt to try.

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

65rosessamurai

All I can add is that I was in a similar situation, and for the first part, I was eligible for State assistance. I'm not sure how that was known, I could ask my parents next time I call them...

As I found better paying jobs, my health had improved and I was able to pay off all my college loans, my finances seemed to improve a bit.

I hope someone else on here who's dealt with the same thing can help more than me, though...good luck in finding a solution!

65rosessamurai

All I can add is that I was in a similar situation, and for the first part, I was eligible for State assistance. I'm not sure how that was known, I could ask my parents next time I call them...

As I found better paying jobs, my health had improved and I was able to pay off all my college loans, my finances seemed to improve a bit.

I hope someone else on here who's dealt with the same thing can help more than me, though...good luck in finding a solution!

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

purplemartin

CF has definitely put a damper on our finances, but I also had a stroke right after Briceton's birth which required hubby to take FMLA for several months. Briceton has acquired MANY hospital bills in his short 18 months of life so far and although we have insurance, it doesn't pay for everything!

We have filled bankruptcy, let our home go, and have now moved to a different state to be closer to clinic (driving and hotel rooms weekly where adding up a bit). Hubby got a promotion and now we are trying to start over financially! Hopefully we will get it all straightened out soon and finally be comfortable finacially again!

purplemartin

CF has definitely put a damper on our finances, but I also had a stroke right after Briceton's birth which required hubby to take FMLA for several months. Briceton has acquired MANY hospital bills in his short 18 months of life so far and although we have insurance, it doesn't pay for everything!

We have filled bankruptcy, let our home go, and have now moved to a different state to be closer to clinic (driving and hotel rooms weekly where adding up a bit). Hubby got a promotion and now we are trying to start over financially! Hopefully we will get it all straightened out soon and finally be comfortable finacially again!

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin