Financial Problems

bagged2drag

My income is too high for any type of assistance. I applied for reductions at the hospital, and at the time, my hourly wage was already too high (they didnt look at your gross income, just your hourly), even though I didn't work too much more than part time. Many of the bills are at one hospital, but they treat each bill as a completely different account. When most of the bills accrued, I was bringing home only about 900 a month after taxes (partly due to a garnishment for a bill for 9000 for meds from tuneup), yet the hospital said I should still have plenty of money to be making payments. I thought that was crazy, I lived alone at the time. My rent and utilities took up the majority of that money, then you still have gas, food, phone, and, well, I couldn't even afford insurance. Like I said, after a few years, these bills accrued so much that trying to even make a $10 payment to each would be beyond my budget.

bagged2drag

My income is too high for any type of assistance. I applied for reductions at the hospital, and at the time, my hourly wage was already too high (they didnt look at your gross income, just your hourly), even though I didn't work too much more than part time. Many of the bills are at one hospital, but they treat each bill as a completely different account. When most of the bills accrued, I was bringing home only about 900 a month after taxes (partly due to a garnishment for a bill for 9000 for meds from tuneup), yet the hospital said I should still have plenty of money to be making payments. I thought that was crazy, I lived alone at the time. My rent and utilities took up the majority of that money, then you still have gas, food, phone, and, well, I couldn't even afford insurance. Like I said, after a few years, these bills accrued so much that trying to even make a $10 payment to each would be beyond my budget.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

A

Aspiemom

Our income is too high for any kind of assistance, too. My husband is trying to find another job with preferably better health insurance. I've been trying to convince him to get something off the truck so he's home each night. It's very hard on me having him gone so much, let alone hard on our son. With me being so sick lately, I'm thinking ahead of when I'm gone, my dh will need a job where he's HOME. Or even when I'm in the hospital a week or so...he needs to be HOME.

Well, any job where he's home doesn't pay enough to pay all of the medical bills, so he won't pursue them. It's really been weighing on me lately. We are so strapped now, financially, we've been trying to find assistance but we don't qualify. And if he takes a different job, as he NEEDS to do, then we CAN'T pay the bills.

It's awful. I am always feeling guilty for what my CF is doing to us financially. (In our case we didn't know about my CF when we married.)

A

Aspiemom

Our income is too high for any kind of assistance, too. My husband is trying to find another job with preferably better health insurance. I've been trying to convince him to get something off the truck so he's home each night. It's very hard on me having him gone so much, let alone hard on our son. With me being so sick lately, I'm thinking ahead of when I'm gone, my dh will need a job where he's HOME. Or even when I'm in the hospital a week or so...he needs to be HOME.

Well, any job where he's home doesn't pay enough to pay all of the medical bills, so he won't pursue them. It's really been weighing on me lately. We are so strapped now, financially, we've been trying to find assistance but we don't qualify. And if he takes a different job, as he NEEDS to do, then we CAN'T pay the bills.

It's awful. I am always feeling guilty for what my CF is doing to us financially. (In our case we didn't know about my CF when we married.)

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

mamerth

We have had horrible financial trouble due to my CF. In high school I got on some state help (VocRehab and state health insurance for kids). Now as an adult we just do the best we can each month-- no magic solution.

I am not on a bunch of meds so we don't have those expenses. The hospital wrote off my gall bladder surgery due to hubby being out of work and they lost my application for state assistance. I can't believe how much the ER charges for little things.

mamerth

We have had horrible financial trouble due to my CF. In high school I got on some state help (VocRehab and state health insurance for kids). Now as an adult we just do the best we can each month-- no magic solution.

I am not on a bunch of meds so we don't have those expenses. The hospital wrote off my gall bladder surgery due to hubby being out of work and they lost my application for state assistance. I can't believe how much the ER charges for little things.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

bagged2drag

Aspiemom and mamerth, and anyone else here affected. I really feel for you and understand the frustration that it causes. My girlfriend and I would like to eventually get married, I am scared of what it could do to her financially though. I think it is a travesty that medical costs can have such an impact on people here in the U.S. My credit is absolutely horrible, all from med costs. I don't have any credit card debt, no loans of my own. Nothing. Just med bills. I needed to buy a different car because my last one had 200,000 miles and was starting to have problems, plus i drive 100 miles to and from work a day (50 miles each way) I couldn't get the credit because of the med bills. It is very frustrating. My hospital will send bills to collection after about 2 months, after that its out of their hands and in the collection agency's hands. Each bill is treated as its own account, so I can't even just set up a $50 a month payment plan, because it will only get allocated to one bill at a time. It's straight bs. Last year they sued me 5 times, in one month. Of all things cf, that is the only part of it that sometimes causes me to get stressed out real bad. If things work out well at the new clinic I'm going to, I am probably going to pull out of my old one.

Sorry for venting.

bagged2drag

Aspiemom and mamerth, and anyone else here affected. I really feel for you and understand the frustration that it causes. My girlfriend and I would like to eventually get married, I am scared of what it could do to her financially though. I think it is a travesty that medical costs can have such an impact on people here in the U.S. My credit is absolutely horrible, all from med costs. I don't have any credit card debt, no loans of my own. Nothing. Just med bills. I needed to buy a different car because my last one had 200,000 miles and was starting to have problems, plus i drive 100 miles to and from work a day (50 miles each way) I couldn't get the credit because of the med bills. It is very frustrating. My hospital will send bills to collection after about 2 months, after that its out of their hands and in the collection agency's hands. Each bill is treated as its own account, so I can't even just set up a $50 a month payment plan, because it will only get allocated to one bill at a time. It's straight bs. Last year they sued me 5 times, in one month. Of all things cf, that is the only part of it that sometimes causes me to get stressed out real bad. If things work out well at the new clinic I'm going to, I am probably going to pull out of my old one.

Sorry for venting.

bagged2drag

Sorry for venting.

bagged2drag

Sorry for venting.

bagged2drag

Sorry for venting.