hbollotte

on bedrest til 37 weeks

i've gotten tons of flyers and read a ton about cord banking. if you don't mind me asking how much did you guys pay for it.

hbollotte

on bedrest til 37 weeks

i've gotten tons of flyers and read a ton about cord banking. if you don't mind me asking how much did you guys pay for it.

hbollotte

on bedrest til 37 weeks

hbollotte

on bedrest til 37 weeks

hbollotte

on bedrest til 37 weeks

tara

on bedrest til 37 weeks

I think ours was along the lines of $2,500. But that included a deep twin discount. That banked both babies cord blood. Our storage fees run about $200/year, again, that is for both babies. We used Cord Blood Registry. I ordered my kits well in advance. It was very simple. The odds you'll need it are slim. It's really like buying car insurance. You probably won't ever use it (even less likely than car insurance LOL!) but for me it wasn't worth the gamble. I figure the technology is there, it might save their life (or their children's life some day???) Who knows! We could afford it without going into debt so I figured what the heck. I think things would have been different if we couldn't afford it. (isn't that always the case?) It is a luxury.

tara

on bedrest til 37 weeks

I think ours was along the lines of $2,500. But that included a deep twin discount. That banked both babies cord blood. Our storage fees run about $200/year, again, that is for both babies. We used Cord Blood Registry. I ordered my kits well in advance. It was very simple. The odds you'll need it are slim. It's really like buying car insurance. You probably won't ever use it (even less likely than car insurance LOL!) but for me it wasn't worth the gamble. I figure the technology is there, it might save their life (or their children's life some day???) Who knows! We could afford it without going into debt so I figured what the heck. I think things would have been different if we couldn't afford it. (isn't that always the case?) It is a luxury.

tara

on bedrest til 37 weeks

tara

on bedrest til 37 weeks

tara

on bedrest til 37 weeks

mom2lillian

on bedrest til 37 weeks

We paid around 2000 but a bit under I dont remember but we registered for their program where people can pay towards it as a shower gift and it was completely paid for by others and so much better than receiving 50 cute outfits that will last a month or two.

Look online regarding cord blo0od banking as if you dont have the money you can donate the cord blood and they will collect it just the same way but it will go into a public bank, the chance that someone else will ever need it is slim so there is a good chance if you ever needed it t would be there and it is free. YOu have to do your reserach and find a good place but it is worth it. I will see if I have any of my reserach left, I spent about 3 days online reading all day long about every option and made spreadsheets with pros cons each option etc there is also a very good website out there about cord blood banking that a mother maintains as tribute to her daughter she lost that banking could have saved she is VERY knowledgeable and presents both sides of the story.

mom2lillian

on bedrest til 37 weeks

We paid around 2000 but a bit under I dont remember but we registered for their program where people can pay towards it as a shower gift and it was completely paid for by others and so much better than receiving 50 cute outfits that will last a month or two.

Look online regarding cord blo0od banking as if you dont have the money you can donate the cord blood and they will collect it just the same way but it will go into a public bank, the chance that someone else will ever need it is slim so there is a good chance if you ever needed it t would be there and it is free. YOu have to do your reserach and find a good place but it is worth it. I will see if I have any of my reserach left, I spent about 3 days online reading all day long about every option and made spreadsheets with pros cons each option etc there is also a very good website out there about cord blood banking that a mother maintains as tribute to her daughter she lost that banking could have saved she is VERY knowledgeable and presents both sides of the story.

mom2lillian

on bedrest til 37 weeks

mom2lillian

on bedrest til 37 weeks

mom2lillian

on bedrest til 37 weeks