randmel89

Redman's syndrome caused by antibiotics

I take 2 benadryls in the morning and 2 at night it works great for me. I am on Vancomycin IV about every 3 months because of my MRSA...

Hope you find an opinion that will work for you Bonnie..

randmel89

I take 2 benadryls in the morning and 2 at night it works great for me. I am on Vancomycin IV about every 3 months because of my MRSA...

randmel89

randmel89

randmel89

JennifersHope

Red Man syndrome is not typically looked at as an allergic reaction but rather a reaction to the Vanco going in to fast, it is almost always fixed by slowing the rate down a lot, Usually cutting the Mls per hour in half will do the trick.. but always check with your doctor what he or she thinks

JennifersHope

Red Man syndrome is not typically looked at as an allergic reaction but rather a reaction to the Vanco going in to fast, it is almost always fixed by slowing the rate down a lot, Usually cutting the Mls per hour in half will do the trick.. but always check with your doctor what he or she thinks

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

coltsfan715

Something I just wanted to put out there. In place of Vancomycin I was given Zyvox quite often when I was sick. I am not sure what bacteria you were being treated for but I was always being treated for MRSA, so they would alternate Vanco and Zyvox. I always preferred Zyvox because I didn't get any nasty side effects AND I swear it was more effective.

Glad you are feeling better.
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Something I just wanted to put out there. In place of Vancomycin I was given Zyvox quite often when I was sick. I am not sure what bacteria you were being treated for but I was always being treated for MRSA, so they would alternate Vanco and Zyvox. I always preferred Zyvox because I didn't get any nasty side effects AND I swear it was more effective.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey