A ?? for the Ladies

Momtana

when I was 20 I went to Planned Parenthood for contraception. unfortunately the health care provider didn't come in that morning and they left me, dressed in paper clothes, in the exam room for an hour! Joni, menopausal women still need gyn checks and pap tests .......

Momtana

when I was 20 I went to Planned Parenthood for contraception. unfortunately the health care provider didn't come in that morning and they left me, dressed in paper clothes, in the exam room for an hour! Joni, menopausal women still need gyn checks and pap tests .......

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

fondreflections

Okay, I'll be the 'different' one. I was 13-years-old, but I had massive GYN problems. I had such a large ovarian cyst on the left ovary that I nearly needed surgery. I had 30-day cycles, but periods that lasted 2 weeks straight. Changing my pad every 2 hours was a MUST. I even had to set my alarm clock during the night. Many, many social events were cancelled monthly because I wouldn't even be able to move since the pain was so great.

I was bounced on the off the pill for the next 3 years to dissolve the cyst. The birth control pill would work, but the cyst would return after only being off it for 3 months! Finally, I was left on the pill at the age of 16! I remained on the pill until I was 23. I still have issues...

Edited to Add: I got so many nasty looks it was pathetic. I guess everyone thought I was pregnant...I hated going because of it!!!

fondreflections

Okay, I'll be the 'different' one. I was 13-years-old, but I had massive GYN problems. I had such a large ovarian cyst on the left ovary that I nearly needed surgery. I had 30-day cycles, but periods that lasted 2 weeks straight. Changing my pad every 2 hours was a MUST. I even had to set my alarm clock during the night. Many, many social events were cancelled monthly because I wouldn't even be able to move since the pain was so great.

I was bounced on the off the pill for the next 3 years to dissolve the cyst. The birth control pill would work, but the cyst would return after only being off it for 3 months! Finally, I was left on the pill at the age of 16! I remained on the pill until I was 23. I still have issues...

Edited to Add: I got so many nasty looks it was pathetic. I guess everyone thought I was pregnant...I hated going because of it!!!

fondreflections

fondreflections

fondreflections

<br />
<br />I was bounced on the off the pill for the next 3 years to dissolve the cyst. The birth control pill would work, but the cyst would return after only being off it for 3 months! Finally, I was left on the pill at the age of 16! I remained on the pill until I was 23. I still have issues...
<br />
<br />Edited to Add: I got so many nasty looks it was pathetic. I guess everyone thought I was pregnant...I hated going because of it!!!
<br />
<br />

bittyhorse23

I went for regular women's reasons. I THINK my first one was when I was 17, I know I was a senior in high school. I was sexually active and wanted to go on the pill so I went to Planned Parenthood. I wish I had gone right after getting my first period. No reasons other than getting there earlier and MAYBE preventing some issues I have had since I was 18 (don't want to reveal on such an public website sorry).

It wasn't until I was alot older that I realized CF could affect women's issues. I stopped taking the pill when I was 21 because I take at least 2 abx daily so it was pointless to take the pill too. (I've always been told they cross each other out).

bittyhorse23

I went for regular women's reasons. I THINK my first one was when I was 17, I know I was a senior in high school. I was sexually active and wanted to go on the pill so I went to Planned Parenthood. I wish I had gone right after getting my first period. No reasons other than getting there earlier and MAYBE preventing some issues I have had since I was 18 (don't want to reveal on such an public website sorry).

It wasn't until I was alot older that I realized CF could affect women's issues. I stopped taking the pill when I was 21 because I take at least 2 abx daily so it was pointless to take the pill too. (I've always been told they cross each other out).

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

<br />
<br />It wasn't until I was alot older that I realized CF could affect women's issues. I stopped taking the pill when I was 21 because I take at least 2 abx daily so it was pointless to take the pill too. (I've always been told they cross each other out).

krisgabes

I went when I was 14 b/c I was having debilitating stabbing pain in my right lower abdomen. I was sent to a GYN to rule out any gynecological issues. Turned out to be an intersucception! (Found out almost a year later)

krisgabes

I went when I was 14 b/c I was having debilitating stabbing pain in my right lower abdomen. I was sent to a GYN to rule out any gynecological issues. Turned out to be an intersucception! (Found out almost a year later)

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes