a little worried. college

M

Mommafirst

Hi Aaron,

I don't have CF and I haven't been where you are, but I do have some experience here. I'm a college professor. In my experiences, 21 is definitely on young end of age spectrum that I see in my classes. For all kinds of various reasons students either don't finish in 4 years, and some don't even start college until they are older.

Don't rush to finish at the expense of your health. If 3 classes is the way to keep you at your best, don't push it. I promise, you will finish. Enjoy the extra time you have in college -- those were some of the best years of my life. : )

M

Mommafirst

Hi Aaron,

I don't have CF and I haven't been where you are, but I do have some experience here. I'm a college professor. In my experiences, 21 is definitely on young end of age spectrum that I see in my classes. For all kinds of various reasons students either don't finish in 4 years, and some don't even start college until they are older.

Don't rush to finish at the expense of your health. If 3 classes is the way to keep you at your best, don't push it. I promise, you will finish. Enjoy the extra time you have in college -- those were some of the best years of my life. : )

M

Mommafirst

Hi Aaron,

M

Mommafirst

Hi Aaron,

M

Mommafirst

Hi Aaron,
<br />
<br />I don't have CF and I haven't been where you are, but I do have some experience here. I'm a college professor. In my experiences, 21 is definitely on young end of age spectrum that I see in my classes. For all kinds of various reasons students either don't finish in 4 years, and some don't even start college until they are older.
<br />
<br />Don't rush to finish at the expense of your health. If 3 classes is the way to keep you at your best, don't push it. I promise, you will finish. Enjoy the extra time you have in college -- those were some of the best years of my life. : )

M

MiddleAgedLady

Aaron,
I"m one of the old geezers in this forum and I went through exactly what you did. I was too sick the year after high school to go to college and it just killed me. I love to learn and felt so left out. I did take one correspondence course from an area college that year. The next year I took one 3-hour course on campus the fall semester, two courses the spring semester, etc. until I was able to get up to 12 hours/semester.

I placed out of a couple of courses in subjects I was good at which helped. And then the local junior college offered TV courses that you watched at home and then go take the tests on campus. I proudly graduated when I was 24. Try to stop looking at what everyone else is doing and do what's best for you.

Best of luck!

M

MiddleAgedLady

Aaron,
I"m one of the old geezers in this forum and I went through exactly what you did. I was too sick the year after high school to go to college and it just killed me. I love to learn and felt so left out. I did take one correspondence course from an area college that year. The next year I took one 3-hour course on campus the fall semester, two courses the spring semester, etc. until I was able to get up to 12 hours/semester.

I placed out of a couple of courses in subjects I was good at which helped. And then the local junior college offered TV courses that you watched at home and then go take the tests on campus. I proudly graduated when I was 24. Try to stop looking at what everyone else is doing and do what's best for you.

Best of luck!

M

MiddleAgedLady

Aaron,

Best of luck!

M

MiddleAgedLady

Aaron,

Best of luck!

M

MiddleAgedLady

Aaron,
<br />I"m one of the old geezers in this forum and I went through exactly what you did. I was too sick the year after high school to go to college and it just killed me. I love to learn and felt so left out. I did take one correspondence course from an area college that year. The next year I took one 3-hour course on campus the fall semester, two courses the spring semester, etc. until I was able to get up to 12 hours/semester.
<br />
<br />I placed out of a couple of courses in subjects I was good at which helped. And then the local junior college offered TV courses that you watched at home and then go take the tests on campus. I proudly graduated when I was 24. Try to stop looking at what everyone else is doing and do what's best for you.
<br />
<br />Best of luck!

melx

It took me 5 and a half years and I loved every bit of it. I took a summer off to travel and even waited for the pre graduation internship I wanted (not the one that came quickest). Enjoy it! Don't try to keep up with anyone else. Keep YOUR pace, keep your life!

melx

It took me 5 and a half years and I loved every bit of it. I took a summer off to travel and even waited for the pre graduation internship I wanted (not the one that came quickest). Enjoy it! Don't try to keep up with anyone else. Keep YOUR pace, keep your life!

melx

melx

melx

Giggles

What about summer school to make up for some class load. Or even some online courses if they have them. Or do the whole college thing online, like Phoenix? I do not have a ton of advice cause I did make it 4years but I did go into the hospital once during college and my professors were really understanding. One even told me I did not have to make up a huge test. It is a tough call cause on one hand you do not want to get sick, it is not worth it but on the other hand you want to graduate. What if you took more than 3 but less then what you took when you did get sick? College costs money so it is a hard call. Good luck I know you will come up with a solution.

Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

What about summer school to make up for some class load. Or even some online courses if they have them. Or do the whole college thing online, like Phoenix? I do not have a ton of advice cause I did make it 4years but I did go into the hospital once during college and my professors were really understanding. One even told me I did not have to make up a huge test. It is a tough call cause on one hand you do not want to get sick, it is not worth it but on the other hand you want to graduate. What if you took more than 3 but less then what you took when you did get sick? College costs money so it is a hard call. Good luck I know you will come up with a solution.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD