a little worried. college

dbtoo

I finished my bachelors at age 40, my master's at 53 (next year.) I wouldn't be concerned about the age you finish, just make the effort to learn!

dbtoo

I finished my bachelors at age 40, my master's at 53 (next year.) I wouldn't be concerned about the age you finish, just make the effort to learn!

dbtoo

dbtoo

dbtoo

jdubbs

Aaron -

Easier said than done, but don't worry about how long it takes for two reasons. 1.) Your health is #1 priority. 2.) Life after college isn't that great. You'll finish, don't worry about it. Pretend your 4 class is exercising everyday.

Good luck!
-James

jdubbs

Aaron -

Easier said than done, but don't worry about how long it takes for two reasons. 1.) Your health is #1 priority. 2.) Life after college isn't that great. You'll finish, don't worry about it. Pretend your 4 class is exercising everyday.

Good luck!
-James

jdubbs

Aaron -

Good luck!
-James

jdubbs

Aaron -

Good luck!
-James

jdubbs

Aaron -
<br />
<br />Easier said than done, but don't worry about how long it takes for two reasons. 1.) Your health is #1 priority. 2.) Life after college isn't that great. You'll finish, don't worry about it. Pretend your 4 class is exercising everyday.
<br />
<br />Good luck!
<br />-James

coltsfan715

I will be honest I only read about half the responses to your post. I just wanted to say I completely understand where you are coming from. It isn't just the idea that you will take years more to finish it is the idea that you are "behind" your friends and others your age.

I am 27 and am in the process of finishing my B.A. I was forced to withdraw from my classes after only 3 weeks my first semester of school because of a hospital stay and my professors were not willing to work with me at the time. I finished my A.A. in 2 years and started towards my A.S. Unfortunately I had to stop going to school back in 2004 due in part to health issues and money issues. I ended up being listed and having a lung transplant in my time off from school from Jan 2005 until May 2008. I decided in May of 2008 about a year post transplant that it was time for me to go back and finish what I had started. I have taken a full course load each semester thus far along with working full time. It has not fortunately cost me my health but it has put strains on me and my relationships because all of my time has been occupied with work and school.

Now I am at a point where I have completed my A.A. and my A.S. and am ready to transfer to finish my B.A. When all is said and done I will have gone to school for about 7-8 years when I finally do graduate. To me even though graduation is only about 2 years away I wish I could speed it up. Sometimes though we have to look at what we NEED versus what we WANT. I want to be finished with school as soon as possible even if I have to take 5 classes a semester, but I know that I need to take my time that way I don't wear myself down before I am able to finish my degree.

It is a crummy situation to be in but take your time and you will finish and it will be well worth it when all is said and done. I promise I completely understand it feels like it takes FOREVER - but all in due time.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I will be honest I only read about half the responses to your post. I just wanted to say I completely understand where you are coming from. It isn't just the idea that you will take years more to finish it is the idea that you are "behind" your friends and others your age.

I am 27 and am in the process of finishing my B.A. I was forced to withdraw from my classes after only 3 weeks my first semester of school because of a hospital stay and my professors were not willing to work with me at the time. I finished my A.A. in 2 years and started towards my A.S. Unfortunately I had to stop going to school back in 2004 due in part to health issues and money issues. I ended up being listed and having a lung transplant in my time off from school from Jan 2005 until May 2008. I decided in May of 2008 about a year post transplant that it was time for me to go back and finish what I had started. I have taken a full course load each semester thus far along with working full time. It has not fortunately cost me my health but it has put strains on me and my relationships because all of my time has been occupied with work and school.

Now I am at a point where I have completed my A.A. and my A.S. and am ready to transfer to finish my B.A. When all is said and done I will have gone to school for about 7-8 years when I finally do graduate. To me even though graduation is only about 2 years away I wish I could speed it up. Sometimes though we have to look at what we NEED versus what we WANT. I want to be finished with school as soon as possible even if I have to take 5 classes a semester, but I know that I need to take my time that way I don't wear myself down before I am able to finish my degree.

It is a crummy situation to be in but take your time and you will finish and it will be well worth it when all is said and done. I promise I completely understand it feels like it takes FOREVER - but all in due time.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I am 27 and am in the process of finishing my B.A. I was forced to withdraw from my classes after only 3 weeks my first semester of school because of a hospital stay and my professors were not willing to work with me at the time. I finished my A.A. in 2 years and started towards my A.S. Unfortunately I had to stop going to school back in 2004 due in part to health issues and money issues. I ended up being listed and having a lung transplant in my time off from school from Jan 2005 until May 2008. I decided in May of 2008 about a year post transplant that it was time for me to go back and finish what I had started. I have taken a full course load each semester thus far along with working full time. It has not fortunately cost me my health but it has put strains on me and my relationships because all of my time has been occupied with work and school.
<br />
<br />Now I am at a point where I have completed my A.A. and my A.S. and am ready to transfer to finish my B.A. When all is said and done I will have gone to school for about 7-8 years when I finally do graduate. To me even though graduation is only about 2 years away I wish I could speed it up. Sometimes though we have to look at what we NEED versus what we WANT. I want to be finished with school as soon as possible even if I have to take 5 classes a semester, but I know that I need to take my time that way I don't wear myself down before I am able to finish my degree.
<br />
<br />It is a crummy situation to be in but take your time and you will finish and it will be well worth it when all is said and done. I promise I completely understand it feels like it takes FOREVER - but all in due time.
<br />
<br />Lindsey