a little worried. college

M

MiddleAgedLady

I agree with Jennifer -- think of going to school year-round. I forgot to add that. I always went at least one summer semester.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I agree with Jennifer -- think of going to school year-round. I forgot to add that. I always went at least one summer semester.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

AR2488

Thanks a lot for all the replies. I was just looking for some advice and seeing in writing that I am not the only one even though I knew i wasnt before the post can make things easier. Believe it or not, I do feel better.

Thanks again to everyone and have a good holiday.

Aaron Rossman

AR2488

Thanks a lot for all the replies. I was just looking for some advice and seeing in writing that I am not the only one even though I knew i wasnt before the post can make things easier. Believe it or not, I do feel better.

Aaron Rossman

AR2488

Aaron Rossman

AR2488

Aaron Rossman

AR2488

<br />
<br />Thanks again to everyone and have a good holiday.
<br />
<br />Aaron Rossman

maddie256

I'm dealing with that now- and I realized I can't handle more then 3/4 classes and tried to convince myself i could do 5 just to keep up with friends, but I am glad to hear that I wasn't the only one struggling with 5 classes or more. I felt like a failure but it was just to hard.

Thanks for posting this Aaron and thanks for everyone's answer- like she said it really does help and give a piece of mind.

maddie256

I'm dealing with that now- and I realized I can't handle more then 3/4 classes and tried to convince myself i could do 5 just to keep up with friends, but I am glad to hear that I wasn't the only one struggling with 5 classes or more. I felt like a failure but it was just to hard.

Thanks for posting this Aaron and thanks for everyone's answer- like she said it really does help and give a piece of mind.

maddie256

maddie256

maddie256

<br />
<br /> Thanks for posting this Aaron and thanks for everyone's answer- like she said it really does help and give a piece of mind.

MicheleGazelle

I am 44 and I still don't have my bachelor's. However, I do have an Associate of Arts in Humanities, a Certificate in GIS (equivalent of graduate level work) and another certificate my employer paid for me to get. So shorter educational programs have worked better for me and it doesn't bother me so much that I am a few classes short of my bachelor's and have been for years.

I had two years of college at age 18-19 without getting an associate's. I got my associate's in my 30's to lock in those old credits and make it easier for me to go back to school "someday", which turned out to be that fall (got my associate's in May of that year).

I also found that the following options worked better for me than a regular schedule: taking classes online; taking "video" courses that meet half as much and supplement with tapes; and taking classes that meet 1 night a week for 3 hours instead of 3 days a week for 1 hour.

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

I am 44 and I still don't have my bachelor's. However, I do have an Associate of Arts in Humanities, a Certificate in GIS (equivalent of graduate level work) and another certificate my employer paid for me to get. So shorter educational programs have worked better for me and it doesn't bother me so much that I am a few classes short of my bachelor's and have been for years.

I had two years of college at age 18-19 without getting an associate's. I got my associate's in my 30's to lock in those old credits and make it easier for me to go back to school "someday", which turned out to be that fall (got my associate's in May of that year).

I also found that the following options worked better for me than a regular schedule: taking classes online; taking "video" courses that meet half as much and supplement with tapes; and taking classes that meet 1 night a week for 3 hours instead of 3 days a week for 1 hour.

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />I had two years of college at age 18-19 without getting an associate's. I got my associate's in my 30's to lock in those old credits and make it easier for me to go back to school "someday", which turned out to be that fall (got my associate's in May of that year).
<br />
<br />I also found that the following options worked better for me than a regular schedule: taking classes online; taking "video" courses that meet half as much and supplement with tapes; and taking classes that meet 1 night a week for 3 hours instead of 3 days a week for 1 hour.
<br />
<br />Good luck with this.