Added calories necessary for pancreatic sufficient?

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>hmw</b></i>

It was explained to us that kids with CF often need more calories than other kids of the same age, sex, height and weight due to the increased energy expenditure it takes to maintain the respiratory system.

</end quote></div>

We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.

ymikhale

It was explained to us that kids with CF often need more calories than other kids of the same age, sex, height and weight due to the increased energy expenditure it takes to maintain the respiratory system.

</end quote></div>

We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.

ymikhale

</end quote></div>

ymikhale

</end quote>

ymikhale

<br />
<br />It was explained to us that kids with CF often need more calories than other kids of the same age, sex, height and weight due to the increased energy expenditure it takes to maintain the respiratory system.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ymikhale</b></i>

We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.</end quote></div>

I use a lot of organic butter and have used organic coconut oil in the past. I think the value there is not the calories per se. I have found that the wrong oils/fats do me great harm and the right ones are powerfully healing. When combined with sea salt and healthy carbs, these things have made a huge difference in my basic health and become a staple of my diet. If I don't get enough of them in my diet, my health quickly declines. If these things help put weight on a child with CF, I believe it is not simply because they are high calorie but because they help address underlying issues and help the body work better.

I find that organic olive oil is not a healing oil per so but it is also not a damaging oil. I can tolerate it in small quantities for short periods and I include it occasionally for variety. It is far better for me than oils like canola oil or peanut oil, which are actively detrimental to my health.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.</end quote></div>

I use a lot of organic butter and have used organic coconut oil in the past. I think the value there is not the calories per se. I have found that the wrong oils/fats do me great harm and the right ones are powerfully healing. When combined with sea salt and healthy carbs, these things have made a huge difference in my basic health and become a staple of my diet. If I don't get enough of them in my diet, my health quickly declines. If these things help put weight on a child with CF, I believe it is not simply because they are high calorie but because they help address underlying issues and help the body work better.

I find that organic olive oil is not a healing oil per so but it is also not a damaging oil. I can tolerate it in small quantities for short periods and I include it occasionally for variety. It is far better for me than oils like canola oil or peanut oil, which are actively detrimental to my health.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.</end quote>

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />We were told the same. My daughter is PS but we still up her calories. She was at 50th percentile for a long time, but recently reached above 66th I think after I started giving her coconut oil (1 tbsp a day). I also use organic butter and organic olive oil to up calories.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I use a lot of organic butter and have used organic coconut oil in the past. I think the value there is not the calories per se. I have found that the wrong oils/fats do me great harm and the right ones are powerfully healing. When combined with sea salt and healthy carbs, these things have made a huge difference in my basic health and become a staple of my diet. If I don't get enough of them in my diet, my health quickly declines. If these things help put weight on a child with CF, I believe it is not simply because they are high calorie but because they help address underlying issues and help the body work better.
<br />
<br />I find that organic olive oil is not a healing oil per so but it is also not a damaging oil. I can tolerate it in small quantities for short periods and I include it occasionally for variety. It is far better for me than oils like canola oil or peanut oil, which are actively detrimental to my health.
<br />
<br />Peace.

janddburke

OMG I meant that Jess was Pancreatic Sufficient not PI.

can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?

janddburke

can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />
<br />can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>janddburke</b></i>

can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?</end quote></div>

I buy organic coconut oil that has no flavor, otherwise my 2 yr old surely would not take it. Since it is flavorless, I add one table spoon in her meal once a day. Our nutritionist told us to add 1 tbsp of oil in every meal (for her age), so I use coconut as one of the oils. Of course her doctor was very sceptical that it was this oil that made her weight shoot up so much, but it was the only thing I changed.

I bought it from a belgian site styl-natur.fr, but for some reason it is not there anymore

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>janddburke</b></i>

can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?</end quote></div>

I buy organic coconut oil that has no flavor, otherwise my 2 yr old surely would not take it. Since it is flavorless, I add one table spoon in her meal once a day. Our nutritionist told us to add 1 tbsp of oil in every meal (for her age), so I use coconut as one of the oils. Of course her doctor was very sceptical that it was this oil that made her weight shoot up so much, but it was the only thing I changed.

I bought it from a belgian site styl-natur.fr, but for some reason it is not there anymore

ymikhale

ymikhale

can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?</end quote>

ymikhale

<br />
<br />OMG I meant that Jess was Pancreatic Sufficient not PI.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />can ou tell me more about Coconut oil? how do you add it to your food. does it change the flavor?</end quote>
<br />
<br />I buy organic coconut oil that has no flavor, otherwise my 2 yr old surely would not take it. Since it is flavorless, I add one table spoon in her meal once a day. Our nutritionist told us to add 1 tbsp of oil in every meal (for her age), so I use coconut as one of the oils. Of course her doctor was very sceptical that it was this oil that made her weight shoot up so much, but it was the only thing I changed.
<br />
<br />I bought it from a belgian site styl-natur.fr, but for some reason it is not there anymore