Added calories necessary for pancreatic sufficient?

hmw

Oil (any kind) has 120 calories per tablespoon, which really adds up when getting a couple tb per day on top of regular calorie consumption- just a couple hundred extra calories a day can bring about a gain of a couple pounds a month. If that is all you've changed, she's got to give credit where credit's due!

hmw

Oil (any kind) has 120 calories per tablespoon, which really adds up when getting a couple tb per day on top of regular calorie consumption- just a couple hundred extra calories a day can bring about a gain of a couple pounds a month. If that is all you've changed, she's got to give credit where credit's due!

hmw

hmw

hmw

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ymikhale</b></i>
Of course her doctor was very sceptical that it was this oil that made her weight shoot up so much, but it was the only thing I changed.
</end quote></div>

Coconut oil is high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT). My recollection is that these are absorbed more directly by the gut with less processing than most fats. They are known by conventional medicine to help put weight on people who have malabsorption (both pwcf and people with other medical conditions).

Most commercial supplements sold as "MCT Oil" use palm oil. Palm oil can occasionally be found in some snack foods. I have been eating "potato sticks" here lately. I believe one of the oils they list as "may contain one or more of the following" is palm oil.

Some sources list butter as high in medium chain triglycerides and others say butter is low in them. But so far all sources I have seen agree that butter contains at least some medium chain triglycerides.

MicheleGazelle

Of course her doctor was very sceptical that it was this oil that made her weight shoot up so much, but it was the only thing I changed.
</end quote></div>

Coconut oil is high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT). My recollection is that these are absorbed more directly by the gut with less processing than most fats. They are known by conventional medicine to help put weight on people who have malabsorption (both pwcf and people with other medical conditions).

Most commercial supplements sold as "MCT Oil" use palm oil. Palm oil can occasionally be found in some snack foods. I have been eating "potato sticks" here lately. I believe one of the oils they list as "may contain one or more of the following" is palm oil.

Some sources list butter as high in medium chain triglycerides and others say butter is low in them. But so far all sources I have seen agree that butter contains at least some medium chain triglycerides.

MicheleGazelle

</end quote></div>

MicheleGazelle

</end quote>

MicheleGazelle

<br />Of course her doctor was very sceptical that it was this oil that made her weight shoot up so much, but it was the only thing I changed.
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />Coconut oil is high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT). My recollection is that these are absorbed more directly by the gut with less processing than most fats. They are known by conventional medicine to help put weight on people who have malabsorption (both pwcf and people with other medical conditions).
<br />
<br />Most commercial supplements sold as "MCT Oil" use palm oil. Palm oil can occasionally be found in some snack foods. I have been eating "potato sticks" here lately. I believe one of the oils they list as "may contain one or more of the following" is palm oil.
<br />
<br />Some sources list butter as high in medium chain triglycerides and others say butter is low in them. But so far all sources I have seen agree that butter contains at least some medium chain triglycerides.

Sarasmamma

I have to say... coconut and palm oil is the worst oil to eat. I would use a healthier kind of oil like "raps" or "sunflower".

Sarasmamma

I have to say... coconut and palm oil is the worst oil to eat. I would use a healthier kind of oil like "raps" or "sunflower".

Sarasmamma

mom2lillian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sarasmamma</b></i>

I have to say... coconut and palm oil is the worst oil to eat. I would use a healthier kind of oil like "raps" or "sunflower".</end quote></div>

please do some research on coconut oil. If you already have and you can give us a source for your judging of coconut oild to be the worst please cite it as I would love to read itbased on having a jar on my counter now.

I will not go on and on about how wonderful I believe coconut oil, the one natural source of MCfatty acids to be until later when I can come back and give my sources. Maybe someone can help me out in the mean time.

mom2lillian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sarasmamma</b></i>

I have to say... coconut and palm oil is the worst oil to eat. I would use a healthier kind of oil like "raps" or "sunflower".</end quote>

please do some research on coconut oil. If you already have and you can give us a source for your judging of coconut oild to be the worst please cite it as I would love to read itbased on having a jar on my counter now.

I will not go on and on about how wonderful I believe coconut oil, the one natural source of MCfatty acids to be until later when I can come back and give my sources. Maybe someone can help me out in the mean time.

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />I have to say... coconut and palm oil is the worst oil to eat. I would use a healthier kind of oil like "raps" or "sunflower".</end quote>
<br />
<br />please do some research on coconut oil. If you already have and you can give us a source for your judging of coconut oild to be the worst please cite it as I would love to read itbased on having a jar on my counter now.
<br />
<br />I will not go on and on about how wonderful I believe coconut oil, the one natural source of MCfatty acids to be until later when I can come back and give my sources. Maybe someone can help me out in the mean time.