allergy/mattress type question...

P

paws

I went to the allergist this week for my first shots (they had to break my dosage into 2 vials cuz' I'm allergic to so much darn stuff). I remembered to ask the nurse about whether the mattress pad should be under the encasing or above it....she said underneath, unless I wanted to wash it weekly in hot water. My encasings haven't arrived yet so I'll decide once I get them to see if they make any noise.

I also asked her about putting items in the dryer to kill the mites (which I've been doing). She stated that the heat will kill the dust mites, but won't get rid of the dust mite feces. So, if you're allergic to the feces as well, it won't be as effective.

It figures.....I hate to dust!

P

paws

I went to the allergist this week for my first shots (they had to break my dosage into 2 vials cuz' I'm allergic to so much darn stuff). I remembered to ask the nurse about whether the mattress pad should be under the encasing or above it....she said underneath, unless I wanted to wash it weekly in hot water. My encasings haven't arrived yet so I'll decide once I get them to see if they make any noise.

I also asked her about putting items in the dryer to kill the mites (which I've been doing). She stated that the heat will kill the dust mites, but won't get rid of the dust mite feces. So, if you're allergic to the feces as well, it won't be as effective.

It figures.....I hate to dust!