Alysa's Bronchoscope was done....

thefrogprincess

I hope everything works out for the best for you. But in answer to your question, it IS possible to get rid of PA, but very difficult and it will always return. The fact is that PA is EVERYWHERE and impossible to avoid.

Is she on anything to thin out the mucous? Pulmozyme? Hypertonic Saline? It would make it so much easier for her to cough up.

thefrogprincess

I hope everything works out for the best for you. But in answer to your question, it IS possible to get rid of PA, but very difficult and it will always return. The fact is that PA is EVERYWHERE and impossible to avoid.

Is she on anything to thin out the mucous? Pulmozyme? Hypertonic Saline? It would make it so much easier for her to cough up.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />Is she on anything to thin out the mucous? Pulmozyme? Hypertonic Saline? It would make it so much easier for her to cough up.

NoExcuses

This is why sputum cultures in young kids (or throat cultures) can give such false hope to parents have PA has been eliminated. I feel like docs should do bronchs more often or at least inform patients that getting rid of PA isn't confirmed until a bronch is conducted.

All the best to you.

NoExcuses

This is why sputum cultures in young kids (or throat cultures) can give such false hope to parents have PA has been eliminated. I feel like docs should do bronchs more often or at least inform patients that getting rid of PA isn't confirmed until a bronch is conducted.

All the best to you.

NoExcuses

All the best to you.

NoExcuses

All the best to you.

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />All the best to you.

Sheridan

My youngest, Aidan, cultured PA in March this year and we also had the worry about cross infection with our other child who also has CF. Hubby and I were very worried about cross infection between our boys so. We kept them apart as much as possible and made sure that when Jordan came to visit Aidan in hospital he washed his hands with anti-baterical soap, did not play with Aidans toys, kissed him or touch anything that had been in his mouth (dummy / pacifier, nor was around when we changed his nappy. Aidans stay was 3 weeks and by the end of the stay we were all completely exhausted, but there was no cross infection - we got Jordan tested at the beggining of Aidans stay and at the end, and Aidan PA had gone.

Sheridan

My youngest, Aidan, cultured PA in March this year and we also had the worry about cross infection with our other child who also has CF. Hubby and I were very worried about cross infection between our boys so. We kept them apart as much as possible and made sure that when Jordan came to visit Aidan in hospital he washed his hands with anti-baterical soap, did not play with Aidans toys, kissed him or touch anything that had been in his mouth (dummy / pacifier, nor was around when we changed his nappy. Aidans stay was 3 weeks and by the end of the stay we were all completely exhausted, but there was no cross infection - we got Jordan tested at the beggining of Aidans stay and at the end, and Aidan PA had gone.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

folione

Has the Dr. ever prescribed any oral steroids? They've been useful with my son (age 5) to help open up his lung passages during spells of lots of coughing when just doing antibiotics and the usual nebulizer stuff was not making it go away.

folione

Has the Dr. ever prescribed any oral steroids? They've been useful with my son (age 5) to help open up his lung passages during spells of lots of coughing when just doing antibiotics and the usual nebulizer stuff was not making it go away.

folione

folione

folione

<br />
<br />