Alysa's Bronchoscope was done....

Juliet

Of the bugs to get with CF, Staphylococcus Aureus is one of the less nasty ones. I cultured it as far back as the early 1980's (before I even knew I had CF). Staph doesn't turn into Pseudo. Pseudo is a different bug. I've never cultured Pseudo (knock on wood it stays that way)! The thing to worry about is staph developing into an antibiotic resistant strain (MRSA). But to minimize the risk of that, be sure to follow the full dosing instructions from your doctor for the antibiotics. Only 'tickling' or 'annoying' the bug a day or two here and there with antibiotics and quitting when you feel better (instead of 'KILLING' them) can more easily lead to the development of drug resistant staph. And that's not a good thing.

Forgot to mention I still have Staph Aureus. I'm on Doxycycline for my current flareup of it. Usually it only flares up when I'm under a lot of stress, not sleeping enough and letting myself get worn down with too much stuff going on and not taking good enough care of myself. ~Juliet

Juliet

Of the bugs to get with CF, Staphylococcus Aureus is one of the less nasty ones. I cultured it as far back as the early 1980's (before I even knew I had CF). Staph doesn't turn into Pseudo. Pseudo is a different bug. I've never cultured Pseudo (knock on wood it stays that way)! The thing to worry about is staph developing into an antibiotic resistant strain (MRSA). But to minimize the risk of that, be sure to follow the full dosing instructions from your doctor for the antibiotics. Only 'tickling' or 'annoying' the bug a day or two here and there with antibiotics and quitting when you feel better (instead of 'KILLING' them) can more easily lead to the development of drug resistant staph. And that's not a good thing.

Forgot to mention I still have Staph Aureus. I'm on Doxycycline for my current flareup of it. Usually it only flares up when I'm under a lot of stress, not sleeping enough and letting myself get worn down with too much stuff going on and not taking good enough care of myself. ~Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

<br />
<br />Forgot to mention I still have Staph Aureus. I'm on Doxycycline for my current flareup of it. Usually it only flares up when I'm under a lot of stress, not sleeping enough and letting myself get worn down with too much stuff going on and not taking good enough care of myself. ~Juliet