Alysa's Bronchoscope was done....

Mommy2Alysa

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>folione</b></i>

Has the Dr. ever prescribed any oral steroids? They've been useful with my son (age 5) to help open up his lung passages during spells of lots of coughing when just doing antibiotics and the usual nebulizer stuff was not making it go away.</end quote></div>

Yeah she is on Qvar puffers (has been for over a year) and also of course her enzymes, adeks vitamin, lansoprizol (however you spell it) and tobramycin with ventolin.

Mommy2Alysa

Has the Dr. ever prescribed any oral steroids? They've been useful with my son (age 5) to help open up his lung passages during spells of lots of coughing when just doing antibiotics and the usual nebulizer stuff was not making it go away.</end quote></div>

Yeah she is on Qvar puffers (has been for over a year) and also of course her enzymes, adeks vitamin, lansoprizol (however you spell it) and tobramycin with ventolin.

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Has the Dr. ever prescribed any oral steroids? They've been useful with my son (age 5) to help open up his lung passages during spells of lots of coughing when just doing antibiotics and the usual nebulizer stuff was not making it go away.</end quote>

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />Has the Dr. ever prescribed any oral steroids? They've been useful with my son (age 5) to help open up his lung passages during spells of lots of coughing when just doing antibiotics and the usual nebulizer stuff was not making it go away.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Yeah she is on Qvar puffers (has been for over a year) and also of course her enzymes, adeks vitamin, lansoprizol (however you spell it) and tobramycin with ventolin.
<br />

Mommy2Alysa

Just heard she has the staphorious (spelling?) bug... hoping we can kill it before it grows into pseud.

Thanks for the support!

Mommy2Alysa

Just heard she has the staphorious (spelling?) bug... hoping we can kill it before it grows into pseud.

Thanks for the support!

Mommy2Alysa

Thanks for the support!

Mommy2Alysa

Thanks for the support!

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />Thanks for the support!

Gnome

Hi I am from Calgary and I too have two children with CF. Interesting, we have almost the same age gap between our kids. My son also had the Broch done, although all they really found was irritation so they started him on Pulmozyne. I am sorry to hear Alysa's Bronch didn't go as well. I hope things get better for her.

Nomi

Gnome

Hi I am from Calgary and I too have two children with CF. Interesting, we have almost the same age gap between our kids. My son also had the Broch done, although all they really found was irritation so they started him on Pulmozyne. I am sorry to hear Alysa's Bronch didn't go as well. I hope things get better for her.

Nomi

Gnome

Nomi

Gnome

Nomi

Gnome

<br />
<br />Nomi

dasjsmum

Hi there

Would that be Staph Aureous (sp?), which is another common bug with CF. When you mentioned green mucus it sounded like Staph to me...

I have heard and read that if Staph is cultured there is less likelihood of culturing PA...I dont know how true this is, although my daughter has always cultured Staph, my boys have cultured PA.

Staph is usually treated with oral antibiotics,such as fluclox and Pseud with inhaled or IV such as Tobi (usually a combination of two or three).

dasjsmum

Hi there

Would that be Staph Aureous (sp?), which is another common bug with CF. When you mentioned green mucus it sounded like Staph to me...

I have heard and read that if Staph is cultured there is less likelihood of culturing PA...I dont know how true this is, although my daughter has always cultured Staph, my boys have cultured PA.

Staph is usually treated with oral antibiotics,such as fluclox and Pseud with inhaled or IV such as Tobi (usually a combination of two or three).

dasjsmum

Hi there

dasjsmum

Hi there

dasjsmum

Hi there
<br />
<br />Would that be Staph Aureous (sp?), which is another common bug with CF. When you mentioned green mucus it sounded like Staph to me...
<br />
<br />I have heard and read that if Staph is cultured there is less likelihood of culturing PA...I dont know how true this is, although my daughter has always cultured Staph, my boys have cultured PA.
<br />
<br />Staph is usually treated with oral antibiotics,such as fluclox and Pseud with inhaled or IV such as Tobi (usually a combination of two or three).