Another CFRD question.

detroitislove

"I'm glucose impaired so I'm cutting way down on sugars to help put off becoming cfrd"

<br><br>
I'm under the impression that diet (aka eating less sugar) has absolutely no impact on when or if you get CFRD. Maybe I'm misinformed? But I thought my docs had said it was just the inevitable deteriation of the pancreas that comes with CF.

detroitislove

"I'm glucose impaired so I'm cutting way down on sugars to help put off becoming cfrd"

<br><br>
I'm under the impression that diet (aka eating less sugar) has absolutely no impact on when or if you get CFRD. Maybe I'm misinformed? But I thought my docs had said it was just the inevitable deteriation of the pancreas that comes with CF.

detroitislove

<br><br>

detroitislove

<br><br>

detroitislove

<br><br>

CowTown

Melissa-Jazzysmom, I've never heard of pedialite. I'll have to look for it and see.

Randmel - When you say gator, do you mean gatorade or something else? I'm confused.

Maggie - I was told recently by the endocrinologist that all cystics will inevitably get cfrd, but it's a matter of when. So she told me to reduce sugars in my diet in order to put off the inevitable for as long as possible. That's what I heard anyways.....anyone else?

CowTown

Melissa-Jazzysmom, I've never heard of pedialite. I'll have to look for it and see.

Randmel - When you say gator, do you mean gatorade or something else? I'm confused.

Maggie - I was told recently by the endocrinologist that all cystics will inevitably get cfrd, but it's a matter of when. So she told me to reduce sugars in my diet in order to put off the inevitable for as long as possible. That's what I heard anyways.....anyone else?

CowTown

CowTown

CowTown

<br />
<br />Randmel - When you say gator, do you mean gatorade or something else? I'm confused.
<br />
<br />Maggie - I was told recently by the endocrinologist that all cystics will inevitably get cfrd, but it's a matter of when. So she told me to reduce sugars in my diet in order to put off the inevitable for as long as possible. That's what I heard anyways.....anyone else?
<br />
<br />

C

cfsucks

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>detroitislove</b></i>
I'm under the impression that diet (aka eating less sugar) has absolutely no impact on when or if you get CFRD. Maybe I'm misinformed? But I thought my docs had said it was just the inevitable deteriation of the pancreas that comes with CF.</end quote></div>

+1...

C

cfsucks

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>detroitislove</b></i>
I'm under the impression that diet (aka eating less sugar) has absolutely no impact on when or if you get CFRD. Maybe I'm misinformed? But I thought my docs had said it was just the inevitable deteriation of the pancreas that comes with CF.</end quote></div>

+1...

C

cfsucks

+1...

C

cfsucks

I'm under the impression that diet (aka eating less sugar) has absolutely no impact on when or if you get CFRD. Maybe I'm misinformed? But I thought my docs had said it was just the inevitable deteriation of the pancreas that comes with CF.</end quote>

+1...

C

cfsucks

<br />I'm under the impression that diet (aka eating less sugar) has absolutely no impact on when or if you get CFRD. Maybe I'm misinformed? But I thought my docs had said it was just the inevitable deteriation of the pancreas that comes with CF.</end quote>
<br />
<br />+1...

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CowTown</b></i>

</end quote></div>

It used for kids when they are sick to keep from dehydrating. It can be found in most supermarkets & pharmacies.....

JazzysMom

</end quote></div>

It used for kids when they are sick to keep from dehydrating. It can be found in most supermarkets & pharmacies.....

JazzysMom

</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Melissa-Jazzysmom, I've never heard of pedialite. I'll have to look for it and see.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />It used for kids when they are sick to keep from dehydrating. It can be found in most supermarkets & pharmacies.....
<br />