Any suggestions besides applesauce?

flatfordl

peanut butter, jelly, slushies (by spoon), ketchup, bbq sauce, sherbert, mashed bananas, jared baby foods, jello,

I taught my daughter at two years old to swallow them by using a straw:

1.half fill with beverage of choice (put finger over top of straw and insert straw into drink then pull straw out)
2.with finger still covering the end of the straw, flip straw and insert enzymes(beads only).
3. put straw into childs mouth and remove finger over other end. The enzymes will go down with the liquid.

Good luck. One thing I have learned being a mother is no child is the same. Keep trying anything and everthing!

flatfordl

peanut butter, jelly, slushies (by spoon), ketchup, bbq sauce, sherbert, mashed bananas, jared baby foods, jello,

1.half fill with beverage of choice (put finger over top of straw and insert straw into drink then pull straw out)
2.with finger still covering the end of the straw, flip straw and insert enzymes(beads only).
3. put straw into childs mouth and remove finger over other end. The enzymes will go down with the liquid.

Good luck. One thing I have learned being a mother is no child is the same. Keep trying anything and everthing!

flatfordl

flatfordl

flatfordl

<br />
<br />I taught my daughter at two years old to swallow them by using a straw:
<br />
<br />1.half fill with beverage of choice (put finger over top of straw and insert straw into drink then pull straw out)
<br />2.with finger still covering the end of the straw, flip straw and insert enzymes(beads only).
<br />3. put straw into childs mouth and remove finger over other end. The enzymes will go down with the liquid.
<br />
<br />Good luck. One thing I have learned being a mother is no child is the same. Keep trying anything and everthing!
<br />
<br />

mariahsmommy

My daughter is eight months old and I know this may sound crazy but she is taking her enzymes whole without having to break them up and mixing with applesauce. I just put the Creon 5 in her mouth and give her a drink and a bite of food and she swallows them down. It works for us but I will have to admit it makes me nervous but she fought me tooth and nail to swallow the beads so this was our last resort. The gel caps dissolve so quickly that its not an issue. Best of luck to you.
Felicia

mariahsmommy

My daughter is eight months old and I know this may sound crazy but she is taking her enzymes whole without having to break them up and mixing with applesauce. I just put the Creon 5 in her mouth and give her a drink and a bite of food and she swallows them down. It works for us but I will have to admit it makes me nervous but she fought me tooth and nail to swallow the beads so this was our last resort. The gel caps dissolve so quickly that its not an issue. Best of luck to you.
Felicia

mariahsmommy

Felicia

mariahsmommy

Felicia

mariahsmommy

<br />Felicia

BabyBeauty

I tried the whole pill and drink thing and so far it is working! Granted it has only been 4 meals, but it is much better. Thank you for your suggestions!

BabyBeauty

I tried the whole pill and drink thing and so far it is working! Granted it has only been 4 meals, but it is much better. Thank you for your suggestions!

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

JosephinesMommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mariahsmommy</b></i>

Felicia</end quote></div>

My 8.5 month old will take them whole too! I usually only do it when we are out in public cause at home I mix salt with her enzymes so I can get all the salt I need to get into her everyday in at each feeding. I think part of this is due to her not having any teeth yet... though she "chews" other things and just swallows the Creon...

Off topic Felicia, does you dauther have any teeth? Mine will be 9 months on the 28th and NO teeth! i was wondering if this was CF related or what??

JosephinesMommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mariahsmommy</b></i>

My 8.5 month old will take them whole too! I usually only do it when we are out in public cause at home I mix salt with her enzymes so I can get all the salt I need to get into her everyday in at each feeding. I think part of this is due to her not having any teeth yet... though she "chews" other things and just swallows the Creon...

Off topic Felicia, does you dauther have any teeth? Mine will be 9 months on the 28th and NO teeth! i was wondering if this was CF related or what??

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

Felicia</end quote>

JosephinesMommy

<br />
<br />My daughter is eight months old and I know this may sound crazy but she is taking her enzymes whole without having to break them up and mixing with applesauce. I just put the Creon 5 in her mouth and give her a drink and a bite of food and she swallows them down. It works for us but I will have to admit it makes me nervous but she fought me tooth and nail to swallow the beads so this was our last resort. The gel caps dissolve so quickly that its not an issue. Best of luck to you.
<br />
<br />Felicia</end quote>
<br />
<br />My 8.5 month old will take them whole too! I usually only do it when we are out in public cause at home I mix salt with her enzymes so I can get all the salt I need to get into her everyday in at each feeding. I think part of this is due to her not having any teeth yet... though she "chews" other things and just swallows the Creon...
<br />
<br />Off topic Felicia, does you dauther have any teeth? Mine will be 9 months on the 28th and NO teeth! i was wondering if this was CF related or what??
<br />
<br />