Any Vegetarian/Vegan CF's on here?

EnergyGal

Foody

I always like reading your posts.

From experimenting on and off with dairy all my life, I believe all dairy products affect me differently. I have little reaction to cottage cheese. A few days later, I see the mucus buildup.

The other day when I had non organic shreded cheese, I saw the reaction immediately. I must admit the day prior to when I ate the cheese, I had some sinus congestion.

Sometimes I think that dairy helps to bring out the mucus that is already there but at the same time, it helps to create more. I see this like the feeding yeast within the body. Your body craves sugar because it needs to feed the existing yeast you already have within your body

I strongly feel if your body tests strong through energy testing for that moment then eating whatever food you like that agrees for you at that moment works. Since I can do energy testing quickly it is a big help to me.

With CF, as long as you monitor your weight and keep a strict plan, you will succeed. Nothing happens over night and when you see results, what a blessing that your hard work has paid off.

Eating healthier with cf will allow your body to fight off infections, keep your organs in better shape and create a healthy energy flow within the body. Keeping your body as acid free as possible is also a big help. I do not think iti s possible to have a perfectly healthy body when we are taking drugs. That is why trying to keep a balance will help ward off many problems.

keep your lungs clean, feed your body and soul and you will live for many years to come.

EnergyGal

Foody

From experimenting on and off with dairy all my life, I believe all dairy products affect me differently. I have little reaction to cottage cheese. A few days later, I see the mucus buildup.

The other day when I had non organic shreded cheese, I saw the reaction immediately. I must admit the day prior to when I ate the cheese, I had some sinus congestion.

Sometimes I think that dairy helps to bring out the mucus that is already there but at the same time, it helps to create more. I see this like the feeding yeast within the body. Your body craves sugar because it needs to feed the existing yeast you already have within your body

I strongly feel if your body tests strong through energy testing for that moment then eating whatever food you like that agrees for you at that moment works. Since I can do energy testing quickly it is a big help to me.

With CF, as long as you monitor your weight and keep a strict plan, you will succeed. Nothing happens over night and when you see results, what a blessing that your hard work has paid off.

Eating healthier with cf will allow your body to fight off infections, keep your organs in better shape and create a healthy energy flow within the body. Keeping your body as acid free as possible is also a big help. I do not think iti s possible to have a perfectly healthy body when we are taking drugs. That is why trying to keep a balance will help ward off many problems.

keep your lungs clean, feed your body and soul and you will live for many years to come.

EnergyGal

Foody

EnergyGal

Foody

EnergyGal

Foody

M

moxie1

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started an anti-inflammatory diet. In the last two weeks I have eliminated a ton of sugar. I am still eating meats like chicken, etc. but my snacks have been broccoli, carrots, and other veggies.

My skin looks great, but I feel awful. I am feeling so tired when normally my energy level is through the roof. It is not my lungs because my exercise tolerance is great and I am not coughing. I just feel sluggish and unmotivated. I am also lacking my usual hyperactivity. Could this be the lack of sugar or maybe just the weather--it has gotten cold, damp, and overcast here lately.

Any advice?

M

moxie1

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started an anti-inflammatory diet. In the last two weeks I have eliminated a ton of sugar. I am still eating meats like chicken, etc. but my snacks have been broccoli, carrots, and other veggies.

My skin looks great, but I feel awful. I am feeling so tired when normally my energy level is through the roof. It is not my lungs because my exercise tolerance is great and I am not coughing. I just feel sluggish and unmotivated. I am also lacking my usual hyperactivity. Could this be the lack of sugar or maybe just the weather--it has gotten cold, damp, and overcast here lately.

Any advice?

M

moxie1

Hi Everyone,

Any advice?

M

moxie1

Hi Everyone,

Any advice?

M

moxie1

Hi Everyone,

Any advice?

Foody

Moxie...I had major withdrawal when I stopped sugar. Eating more protein like a hard boiled egg or handful of nuts really helped give me through. For me, chromium picolinate helped alot. I do not take it any more and finally only crave sugar on occasion which fruit seems to satisfy.

Definately ask your doctor about it as it does have some strong affects in the body especially if you have diabetes or kidney and liver issues. Great information here: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/0,3923,4036%7CChromium+Picolinate,00.html">http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/D...ium+Picolinate,00.html</a>

Foody

Moxie...I had major withdrawal when I stopped sugar. Eating more protein like a hard boiled egg or handful of nuts really helped give me through. For me, chromium picolinate helped alot. I do not take it any more and finally only crave sugar on occasion which fruit seems to satisfy.

Definately ask your doctor about it as it does have some strong affects in the body especially if you have diabetes or kidney and liver issues. Great information here: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/0,3923,4036%7CChromium+Picolinate,00.html">http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/D...ium+Picolinate,00.html</a>

Foody

Foody

Foody

scabaskiblio

I haven't been to the site in a while; I almost missed this topic! I am a vegan. I recently wrote about it in a pm to catboogie. We were talking about veganism andhow it is an extreme lifestyle choice. I had told her I consider myself a 'hardcore' vegan. Anyway, this is what I said to her:
"as far as veganism and extremism: i made the decision to go vegan almost four years ago on Thanksgiving (my family was not very happy about me deciding on that day. . .). i had been a vegetarian for a long time and i was reading a peta magazine (i don't support peta because i disagree with their polemical attitudes and aggressive tactics; i'm generally a pacifist and i think a lot of what they do only compounds the problems they are trying to resolve by making people hate them), and i realized my choice to be a vegetarian was philosophically unsound. i was a vegetarian because i disapproved of the treatment of animals in factory farms, and the inhumane slaughtering practices, etc., but by eating dairy and consuming eggs from the same animals, i realized that i was still contributing to what i claimed philosophically to eschew. so i became a vegan to reconcile the contradiction in my own ideological system.

over the past four years my extreme attitude towards the consumption of animal products has definitely diminished. i understand that extremes are usually unsound; life is governed in the gray space between extremes, and situations should be considered and judged on an individual basis for the clearest results. i approve of organic dairy and animal products, free-range, antibiotic-free and non-gmo foods, but i have become so engrossed in the culture and lifestyle of veganism, and have become so well adjusted to the dietary constraints, i see no real reason to turn back. honestly, being a vegan i feel i get more variety in my diet than before i turned vegan, and i definitely became a better chef!

what i mean by "hardcore" is that i don't cheat and i don't wear animal products (leather, namely), and i obsessively check ingredients' lists.

i agree that living by extreme and rigid rules is never the best way to do it. however, i have a strong need for certain boundaries in my life, so as not to cascade into opposing extremes. i suppose i don't think of veganism so much an "extreme" lifestyle, when i consider that if i didn't impose that limitation based on a rational, philosophical deliberation, i would probably eat all kinds of awful things that wouldn't do my body any good. i love how much healthier i feel when my diet consists strictly of vegetable, legumes, grains and fruits.

i think more and more people are warming up to the idea that the quality of the food we eat does make a difference to the way our bodies feel, and even in our ability to think better and feel more lucid and focused. i really strongly believe that changing one's eating habits can make a difference in all aspects of one's life."

That is more of an ethical response to the question. As far as nutritionally, it seems to me that I am healthier eating strictly plant-based lifeforms. But then again, my CF team swears up and down that CFers don't suffer from the cardio problems that most Americans do from eating high sat. fat diets (lack of absorbtion, i guess) so being vegan probably really only assuages my psychological/philosophical conceits. I'd love to talk to other cf vegans (political/philosophical/nutritional, or otherwise) if there are any.

scabaskiblio

I haven't been to the site in a while; I almost missed this topic! I am a vegan. I recently wrote about it in a pm to catboogie. We were talking about veganism andhow it is an extreme lifestyle choice. I had told her I consider myself a 'hardcore' vegan. Anyway, this is what I said to her:
"as far as veganism and extremism: i made the decision to go vegan almost four years ago on Thanksgiving (my family was not very happy about me deciding on that day. . .). i had been a vegetarian for a long time and i was reading a peta magazine (i don't support peta because i disagree with their polemical attitudes and aggressive tactics; i'm generally a pacifist and i think a lot of what they do only compounds the problems they are trying to resolve by making people hate them), and i realized my choice to be a vegetarian was philosophically unsound. i was a vegetarian because i disapproved of the treatment of animals in factory farms, and the inhumane slaughtering practices, etc., but by eating dairy and consuming eggs from the same animals, i realized that i was still contributing to what i claimed philosophically to eschew. so i became a vegan to reconcile the contradiction in my own ideological system.

over the past four years my extreme attitude towards the consumption of animal products has definitely diminished. i understand that extremes are usually unsound; life is governed in the gray space between extremes, and situations should be considered and judged on an individual basis for the clearest results. i approve of organic dairy and animal products, free-range, antibiotic-free and non-gmo foods, but i have become so engrossed in the culture and lifestyle of veganism, and have become so well adjusted to the dietary constraints, i see no real reason to turn back. honestly, being a vegan i feel i get more variety in my diet than before i turned vegan, and i definitely became a better chef!

what i mean by "hardcore" is that i don't cheat and i don't wear animal products (leather, namely), and i obsessively check ingredients' lists.

i agree that living by extreme and rigid rules is never the best way to do it. however, i have a strong need for certain boundaries in my life, so as not to cascade into opposing extremes. i suppose i don't think of veganism so much an "extreme" lifestyle, when i consider that if i didn't impose that limitation based on a rational, philosophical deliberation, i would probably eat all kinds of awful things that wouldn't do my body any good. i love how much healthier i feel when my diet consists strictly of vegetable, legumes, grains and fruits.

i think more and more people are warming up to the idea that the quality of the food we eat does make a difference to the way our bodies feel, and even in our ability to think better and feel more lucid and focused. i really strongly believe that changing one's eating habits can make a difference in all aspects of one's life."

That is more of an ethical response to the question. As far as nutritionally, it seems to me that I am healthier eating strictly plant-based lifeforms. But then again, my CF team swears up and down that CFers don't suffer from the cardio problems that most Americans do from eating high sat. fat diets (lack of absorbtion, i guess) so being vegan probably really only assuages my psychological/philosophical conceits. I'd love to talk to other cf vegans (political/philosophical/nutritional, or otherwise) if there are any.

scabaskiblio

scabaskiblio

scabaskiblio