anybody have the gene R117H?

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>zoe4life</b></i>

, 2 of my boys from my PREVIOUS marriage came back with the DF508 and the R117H, with the negative T....supposedly meaning they will have "atypical, or not very sympamatic" cf.
,</end quote></div>

One other thing... I think, if I remember correctly, Craig has 2 R117H genes. I think. hopefully he'll reply...

janddburke

my daughter has R117H with W1282X for the other one.
from what I've read R117H is associated with milder symptoms and pancreatic sufficiency.
so far so good.
I wonder about my husband's relatives many of whom have chronic sinus problem and asthma.
also, an uncle who was never able to have children......hhhmmmm?

janddburke

from what I've read R117H is associated with milder symptoms and pancreatic sufficiency.
so far so good.
I wonder about my husband's relatives many of whom have chronic sinus problem and asthma.

janddburke

so far so good.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Jada, I'm so sorry for your news. You must be in total shock. How old are your boys?

I hope you and your husband can find some good "together" time while you celebrate your anniversary.

I'm thinking of you Jada!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Jada, I'm so sorry for your news. You must be in total shock. How old are your boys?

I hope you and your husband can find some good "together" time while you celebrate your anniversary.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

BaylorCrew07

I'm sorry to hear of your news.

I have R117H and G542X. G542X is associated with more severe symptoms, and R117H is associated with more mild (from what I understand).

My CF is very mild right now....my FEV1 has always been over 100% (currently 116%), I play water polo for my university and am currently training for a marathon. I was diagnosed w/ CF at age 21 because my symptoms have been pretty mild. I am pancreatic sufficient, but I do have some digestive issues. My main problems are sinus related, and occasional lung infections, but not many.

Again, sorry for your bad news...I hope the tests go well, and that your boys stay healthy.

BaylorCrew07

I have R117H and G542X. G542X is associated with more severe symptoms, and R117H is associated with more mild (from what I understand).

My CF is very mild right now....my FEV1 has always been over 100% (currently 116%), I play water polo for my university and am currently training for a marathon. I was diagnosed w/ CF at age 21 because my symptoms have been pretty mild. I am pancreatic sufficient, but I do have some digestive issues. My main problems are sinus related, and occasional lung infections, but not many.

Again, sorry for your bad news...I hope the tests go well, and that your boys stay healthy.

BaylorCrew07

mom2leila

Oh man, Jada, I am sorry to hear your news. I am stunned. Wow. I'm looking forward (hopefully) to seeing you on Monday. I'll pm you my phone number if you want to talk.

mom2leila

Oh man, Jada, I am sorry to hear your news. I am stunned. Wow. I'm looking forward (hopefully) to seeing you on Monday. I'll pm you my phone number if you want to talk.

mom2leila

westonsmom

OMG!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I was just on the chat and it can up in conversation. I don't even know what to say. My heart goes out to you and the boys. Hugs!

westonsmom

OMG!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I was just on the chat and it can up in conversation. I don't even know what to say. My heart goes out to you and the boys. Hugs!

westonsmom

BigBee

Jada,
I have absolutely nothing useful to say at all. My thoughts are with you - my how things can change when we least expect it. Happy Anniversary~I'm sure it is one you will never forget, but I'm hoping you and your husband find some moments where it's only each other in your thoughts.

BigBee

Jada,
I have absolutely nothing useful to say at all. My thoughts are with you - my how things can change when we least expect it. Happy Anniversary~I'm sure it is one you will never forget, but I'm hoping you and your husband find some moments where it's only each other in your thoughts.

BigBee

Jada,

dyza

Jada, Amy is correct I have two RH117 (7T), the doc wont dx me with CF and I dont blame him as I have absolutely no symptoms at all. I have smoked since I was 17, I will be 40 this April. It is a class 4 mutation, the part in the bracket (7T), in my case will also make a difference, you can get a 5T, 7T or a 9T.
MY son has the same as your 2 boys, and yes, we were told almost exactly what you have been told. Not that we gave a big sigh of relief, we still treat Craig in a way that he has CF.
We are going to see a genetic councelor on the 30th March, I'm really not sure what they will tell us, but I will post, or rather blog about it, so please look out for it at the begining of April.

Look at Alyssa's blog her two children have the same genes also, she goes into good detail in her blog.