anyone else in my boat-mucus question for CFer's

Juliet

Sorry I usually only throw up if I've been swallowing a lot of mucus and then have a major coughing attack. My regular regimen is that I do my Xopenex - wait 20 mintues - for it to have maximum airway opening effectiveness. Then do my Hypertonic Saline. Only after my airway clearance is done (huffing etc... I don't have a vest) then I inhale the pulmozyme. The Pulmozyme is pricey and supposedly is effective for more than 12 hours so you don't want to waste it on mucus you're just about to clear out from the Hypertonic Saline. That's why you should do Pulmozyme last. It can work on the next layer of mucus down slowly, over the course of the day helping to break down and thin the thicker mucus. ~Juliet

Juliet

Sorry I usually only throw up if I've been swallowing a lot of mucus and then have a major coughing attack. My regular regimen is that I do my Xopenex - wait 20 mintues - for it to have maximum airway opening effectiveness. Then do my Hypertonic Saline. Only after my airway clearance is done (huffing etc... I don't have a vest) then I inhale the pulmozyme. The Pulmozyme is pricey and supposedly is effective for more than 12 hours so you don't want to waste it on mucus you're just about to clear out from the Hypertonic Saline. That's why you should do Pulmozyme last. It can work on the next layer of mucus down slowly, over the course of the day helping to break down and thin the thicker mucus. ~Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

Lex

I was told to do pulmo before saline. The pulmo thins it out, and the saline promotes coughing.

thoughts?

Lex

I was told to do pulmo before saline. The pulmo thins it out, and the saline promotes coughing.

thoughts?

Lex

thoughts?

Lex

thoughts?

Lex

<br />
<br />thoughts?

Transplantmommy

I didn't so much do that all at one time but I did get the vomiting every once in a while. It was normally coughing induced. Every single day before transplants though, I would have to keep a cup by my side (because I couldn't run to spit somewhere since I got so short of breath) and I would fill that cup with just mucus like 4 times a day (and it wasn't a small cup). I often wondered where all of that crap was coming from and docs said that it was a cross of sitting in my lungs and running down from my sinuses.

I am so happy that I am not doing that anymore. It really was exhausting along with everything else that was going on. I was told that as long as I was bringing it up, not to worry about it.

Transplantmommy

I didn't so much do that all at one time but I did get the vomiting every once in a while. It was normally coughing induced. Every single day before transplants though, I would have to keep a cup by my side (because I couldn't run to spit somewhere since I got so short of breath) and I would fill that cup with just mucus like 4 times a day (and it wasn't a small cup). I often wondered where all of that crap was coming from and docs said that it was a cross of sitting in my lungs and running down from my sinuses.

I am so happy that I am not doing that anymore. It really was exhausting along with everything else that was going on. I was told that as long as I was bringing it up, not to worry about it.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I am so happy that I am not doing that anymore. It really was exhausting along with everything else that was going on. I was told that as long as I was bringing it up, not to worry about it.

cfcndlelady

I just recently started HS and have to say I haven't been doing it regularly....I've been coughing a lot anyway (so much that my head hurts) so it drives me nuts to think of doing the HS and coughing even more. But...I was told to do albuterol wait 15 minutes do HS,then do Pulmozyme. I was told i could do the vest while i was doing any of the treatments. (which i've done but end up coughing so much i have to change my tshirt afterwards becaues it ends up soaking wet!

Caren 36w/cf, cfrd, osteopenia, chronic sinusitis/rhinitis

cfcndlelady

I just recently started HS and have to say I haven't been doing it regularly....I've been coughing a lot anyway (so much that my head hurts) so it drives me nuts to think of doing the HS and coughing even more. But...I was told to do albuterol wait 15 minutes do HS,then do Pulmozyme. I was told i could do the vest while i was doing any of the treatments. (which i've done but end up coughing so much i have to change my tshirt afterwards becaues it ends up soaking wet!

cfcndlelady

cfcndlelady

cfcndlelady

<br />
<br />Caren 36w/cf, cfrd, osteopenia, chronic sinusitis/rhinitis