anyone have a gtube?

rhonda21

Hi Rosie, I am sitting in the hospital with brandon my son(16) and he is so funny, he has had a g-tue for along time like 6years and he said he would punch someone if they made fun of his button....ha ha hes kidding. brandon tends to protect it when he is playing basketball and wrestling and things, but he is good now with replacing it himself, (which you can do if you keep it clean)my husband is a nurse so he tells me stuff to do for him.anyway, the g-tube does get infected sometimes and turns red. you can get mrsa and staff from that too so be careful and keep it clean as you probably know. neosporin is ok to use on it.anyway i am not a doctor but that is what brandon does for his...and his sister ashley had one too but it fell out and she never put it back in but she was a cheerleader with it for two years andwore bikinis and didnt care if opeople looked at it. so just put diamonds and stuff on it and pretend it is a piercing. who cares who looks at it, just protect it like brandon does and go have fun!! stay well and good luck with it
Rhonda
mother of two cfers 16 and 21

rhonda21

Hi Rosie, I am sitting in the hospital with brandon my son(16) and he is so funny, he has had a g-tue for along time like 6years and he said he would punch someone if they made fun of his button....ha ha hes kidding. brandon tends to protect it when he is playing basketball and wrestling and things, but he is good now with replacing it himself, (which you can do if you keep it clean)my husband is a nurse so he tells me stuff to do for him.anyway, the g-tube does get infected sometimes and turns red. you can get mrsa and staff from that too so be careful and keep it clean as you probably know. neosporin is ok to use on it.anyway i am not a doctor but that is what brandon does for his...and his sister ashley had one too but it fell out and she never put it back in but she was a cheerleader with it for two years andwore bikinis and didnt care if opeople looked at it. so just put diamonds and stuff on it and pretend it is a piercing. who cares who looks at it, just protect it like brandon does and go have fun!! stay well and good luck with it
Rhonda

rhonda21

Rhonda

rhonda21

Rhonda

rhonda21

<br />Rhonda
<br />mother of two cfers 16 and 21

bananagirl

well to anyone who hates their g-tube you are not alone. I have one and i have had it for about 3 1/2 years i hate it. the worst part is summer cuz it totaly sucks wearing a bathing suit. I do tankinis but its so hard to find one that is good and looks cute especially when all the stores seem to only have bakini. IT also leaks a lot and it leave this embarising wet stain on my shirt right at it its like a big arrow pointing to it. that i can fix by putting a band aid on it but i feel that is so wasteful of bandaids. For shirts i find it works great to wear a baby doll style shirt (i think thats what its called) the kind that are like tightish right before ur stomke and then they are all flowy it hides it really well. It is really stupid though cuz my doctor was all like oh if u get a g-tube we will stop bugging u to do suplements cuz i can't stand them but that hasn't changed. Oh and for those of u hating doing feeds at night try taking the end off a syringe and hooking the syringe up to the tube and just holding it up and pouring the cans into that. I like it way better cuz i can't sleep being hooked up to anything. The only bad thing is that sometimes it is to much especially if i'm a little bit sick and i'm coughing a lot cuz ill cough so much i throw up.
I like some of peoples excuses for what it is it bugs me that it sticks out cuz i always feel like people are looking at it. it is nice to read all these things and see that i'm not the only one cuz at home people are just like oh get over it just wear the bakini but its just not that simple and they don't understand. hey talk to me if ur board i'm in the hospital right now and have got a lot of time on my hands and it is helpful to have people to talk to that totaly get what i'm going through.

bananagirl

well to anyone who hates their g-tube you are not alone. I have one and i have had it for about 3 1/2 years i hate it. the worst part is summer cuz it totaly sucks wearing a bathing suit. I do tankinis but its so hard to find one that is good and looks cute especially when all the stores seem to only have bakini. IT also leaks a lot and it leave this embarising wet stain on my shirt right at it its like a big arrow pointing to it. that i can fix by putting a band aid on it but i feel that is so wasteful of bandaids. For shirts i find it works great to wear a baby doll style shirt (i think thats what its called) the kind that are like tightish right before ur stomke and then they are all flowy it hides it really well. It is really stupid though cuz my doctor was all like oh if u get a g-tube we will stop bugging u to do suplements cuz i can't stand them but that hasn't changed. Oh and for those of u hating doing feeds at night try taking the end off a syringe and hooking the syringe up to the tube and just holding it up and pouring the cans into that. I like it way better cuz i can't sleep being hooked up to anything. The only bad thing is that sometimes it is to much especially if i'm a little bit sick and i'm coughing a lot cuz ill cough so much i throw up.
I like some of peoples excuses for what it is it bugs me that it sticks out cuz i always feel like people are looking at it. it is nice to read all these things and see that i'm not the only one cuz at home people are just like oh get over it just wear the bakini but its just not that simple and they don't understand. hey talk to me if ur board i'm in the hospital right now and have got a lot of time on my hands and it is helpful to have people to talk to that totaly get what i'm going through.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

<br />I like some of peoples excuses for what it is it bugs me that it sticks out cuz i always feel like people are looking at it. it is nice to read all these things and see that i'm not the only one cuz at home people are just like oh get over it just wear the bakini but its just not that simple and they don't understand. hey talk to me if ur board i'm in the hospital right now and have got a lot of time on my hands and it is helpful to have people to talk to that totaly get what i'm going through.