anyone have a gtube?

Krystal

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Krystal</b></i>

did they have to stay in the hospital with the feeding tube</end quote></div>. I would really like to hear how its done and how it works

Krystal

did they have to stay in the hospital with the feeding tube</end quote></div>. I would really like to hear how its done and how it works

Krystal

Krystal

did they have to stay in the hospital with the feeding tube</end quote>. I would really like to hear how its done and how it works

Krystal

<br />
<br />did they have to stay in the hospital with the feeding tube</end quote>. I would really like to hear how its done and how it works
<br />
<br />
<br />

soccerkels2010

Krystal, no you don't have to stay in the hospital, just when you first get it put in. Then they give you one of those poles that you see at the hospital and you put a bag of whatever high calorie drink the doctor gives you on the pole and hook it up to you feeding tube.
the only time you would have to go back into the hospital it to get it changed and for a mickey g-tube it's suposed to get changed about every 6 months or so. but we just order another tube every so often and i change it my self,
but i do have to agree w/ rockgirl it really does hurt to change it. but i'v had a lot of pain problems with it for the past few years.

soccerkels2010

Krystal, no you don't have to stay in the hospital, just when you first get it put in. Then they give you one of those poles that you see at the hospital and you put a bag of whatever high calorie drink the doctor gives you on the pole and hook it up to you feeding tube.
the only time you would have to go back into the hospital it to get it changed and for a mickey g-tube it's suposed to get changed about every 6 months or so. but we just order another tube every so often and i change it my self,
but i do have to agree w/ rockgirl it really does hurt to change it. but i'v had a lot of pain problems with it for the past few years.

soccerkels2010

soccerkels2010

soccerkels2010

<br />the only time you would have to go back into the hospital it to get it changed and for a mickey g-tube it's suposed to get changed about every 6 months or so. but we just order another tube every so often and i change it my self,
<br />but i do have to agree w/ rockgirl it really does hurt to change it. but i'v had a lot of pain problems with it for the past few years.

geckolady

hey, i had a G-tube for 9 years i just got rid of it last spring! there is a light at the end of the tunnel! if anyone needs to chat let me know!

geckolady

hey, i had a G-tube for 9 years i just got rid of it last spring! there is a light at the end of the tunnel! if anyone needs to chat let me know!

geckolady

geckolady

geckolady