anyone have a gtube?

awomanofgod07

Well I have had mine since I was in the seventh grade and I am 18 now, so I guess it has been almost 7 years, WOW I didn't realize it had been that long.
My experience with it is kinda weird. When I received it I was like, "I'm not showing anyone this", but once I was back in school I was showing it to everyone. People were kinda fascinated about it. I think it helped that I went to a Christian school though, because I had grown up with the kids and teachers there.
I don't use it very often. I find that if I do it every day for about 4-7 days I can gain 5 pounds. This last doctors appointment I did my feeding the few days before and gained the 5 pounds so that the doctors wouldn't yell and give me a lecture about how I'm under weight and need to use it.
They don't understand that sometimes it's just a pain to fill the bag and hook it up. Yes it might take just 3 minutes to do that, but then your hooked up all night and you can't move abruptly, you have to be careful. I think the doctors that suggest a feeding tube should experience one themselves.
When I received my feeding tube I was about 58 pounds and now I have finally reached 100. I don't think that the doctors average in your family history, because my mother and grandmother are pretty slim and small themselves.

Anyone on iv meds right now, I'm about to start mine at 2:15.

awomanofgod07

Well I have had mine since I was in the seventh grade and I am 18 now, so I guess it has been almost 7 years, WOW I didn't realize it had been that long.
My experience with it is kinda weird. When I received it I was like, "I'm not showing anyone this", but once I was back in school I was showing it to everyone. People were kinda fascinated about it. I think it helped that I went to a Christian school though, because I had grown up with the kids and teachers there.
I don't use it very often. I find that if I do it every day for about 4-7 days I can gain 5 pounds. This last doctors appointment I did my feeding the few days before and gained the 5 pounds so that the doctors wouldn't yell and give me a lecture about how I'm under weight and need to use it.
They don't understand that sometimes it's just a pain to fill the bag and hook it up. Yes it might take just 3 minutes to do that, but then your hooked up all night and you can't move abruptly, you have to be careful. I think the doctors that suggest a feeding tube should experience one themselves.
When I received my feeding tube I was about 58 pounds and now I have finally reached 100. I don't think that the doctors average in your family history, because my mother and grandmother are pretty slim and small themselves.

awomanofgod07

awomanofgod07

awomanofgod07

<br />My experience with it is kinda weird. When I received it I was like, "I'm not showing anyone this", but once I was back in school I was showing it to everyone. People were kinda fascinated about it. I think it helped that I went to a Christian school though, because I had grown up with the kids and teachers there.
<br />I don't use it very often. I find that if I do it every day for about 4-7 days I can gain 5 pounds. This last doctors appointment I did my feeding the few days before and gained the 5 pounds so that the doctors wouldn't yell and give me a lecture about how I'm under weight and need to use it.
<br />They don't understand that sometimes it's just a pain to fill the bag and hook it up. Yes it might take just 3 minutes to do that, but then your hooked up all night and you can't move abruptly, you have to be careful. I think the doctors that suggest a feeding tube should experience one themselves.
<br />When I received my feeding tube I was about 58 pounds and now I have finally reached 100. I don't think that the doctors average in your family history, because my mother and grandmother are pretty slim and small themselves.
<br />
<br />Anyone on iv meds right now, I'm about to start mine at 2:15.

judycajun

My katrina 14 and Brandon 13 had G-Tubes when we got them as foster children at ages 2 and 3. I told them if they drank the Nutren 2.o (500 calories)for breakfast, lunch, and supper, and bedtime...they could take their tube out. The vanilla Nutren doesn't taste bad at all. they even hae butter pecan flavor. Katrina took her tube out 3 months ago. Brandon is so finicky, he won't drink it.. so we bolus it 4 times a day-(2,000 calories). They were hooked up to feeding tubes for 11 hrs everynight. A doctor told me to divide the portion of Nutren and all the glyconutrients I give them by 4 during the day so their stomachs and bodies could detox and rest at night. It was too funny- they were up all night walking around and talking to each other after all those years of being hooked up.
Kelsey, Katrina read about the waterproof bandaid and wished she would have known about that back when.
Brandon will not go swimming and both are self conscious about their tube showing through their clothes. He boluses the lunch portion while in the principals office so no one will see him. Katrina's hole looks like a second belly button and she is embarassed. She also has scars from the colostomy they did when she was born. I'm hoping they meet some great CF kids on this site. Their address is Katrinabrandon@aol.com

judycajun

My katrina 14 and Brandon 13 had G-Tubes when we got them as foster children at ages 2 and 3. I told them if they drank the Nutren 2.o (500 calories)for breakfast, lunch, and supper, and bedtime...they could take their tube out. The vanilla Nutren doesn't taste bad at all. they even hae butter pecan flavor. Katrina took her tube out 3 months ago. Brandon is so finicky, he won't drink it.. so we bolus it 4 times a day-(2,000 calories). They were hooked up to feeding tubes for 11 hrs everynight. A doctor told me to divide the portion of Nutren and all the glyconutrients I give them by 4 during the day so their stomachs and bodies could detox and rest at night. It was too funny- they were up all night walking around and talking to each other after all those years of being hooked up.
Kelsey, Katrina read about the waterproof bandaid and wished she would have known about that back when.
Brandon will not go swimming and both are self conscious about their tube showing through their clothes. He boluses the lunch portion while in the principals office so no one will see him. Katrina's hole looks like a second belly button and she is embarassed. She also has scars from the colostomy they did when she was born. I'm hoping they meet some great CF kids on this site. Their address is Katrinabrandon@aol.com

judycajun

judycajun

judycajun

<br /> Kelsey, Katrina read about the waterproof bandaid and wished she would have known about that back when.
<br /> Brandon will not go swimming and both are self conscious about their tube showing through their clothes. He boluses the lunch portion while in the principals office so no one will see him. Katrina's hole looks like a second belly button and she is embarassed. She also has scars from the colostomy they did when she was born. I'm hoping they meet some great CF kids on this site. Their address is Katrinabrandon@aol.com