anyone have a gtube?

jfarel

I got mine in December. I'm a 27 yearold male and I've gained 8-10 pounds. Very helpful. It was terribly painful the first week. They sent me home right after the surgery and all they told me to take was tylenol. I ended up getting some strong pain killers and things improved afterward. It has really helped w/ the weight gain though. I've gained like 5 or 6 pounds in the last two weeks and never would have even known it. My appetite is terrible right now, but my weight is still improving.

jfarel

I got mine in December. I'm a 27 yearold male and I've gained 8-10 pounds. Very helpful. It was terribly painful the first week. They sent me home right after the surgery and all they told me to take was tylenol. I ended up getting some strong pain killers and things improved afterward. It has really helped w/ the weight gain though. I've gained like 5 or 6 pounds in the last two weeks and never would have even known it. My appetite is terrible right now, but my weight is still improving.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

kbsonner

Try Sandishake's. My 10yo loves them and they smell good. i haven't tasted it my self but 1 packet with 8oz of milk is 600 cals. You can order them from the company. I don't remember the site name but you can just do a search. You can also try Weight Gainer from GNC but it doesn't smell very good or at least the chocolate doesn't, banana does though.

kbsonner

Try Sandishake's. My 10yo loves them and they smell good. i haven't tasted it my self but 1 packet with 8oz of milk is 600 cals. You can order them from the company. I don't remember the site name but you can just do a search. You can also try Weight Gainer from GNC but it doesn't smell very good or at least the chocolate doesn't, banana does though.

kbsonner

kbsonner

kbsonner

rockgirl

Hey,

Anyone who wants to talk about G-tubes. feel free to ask me anything. I got mine is 8th grade (1998) as well. I was 4'10 and only 50 some lbs. 2 yrs later I was 80 lbs and 5ft. I still have mine -ten yrs later- don't worry that is my choice to keep it- people who are thinking about getting them. I love it though, I can fit more time for school, work and extra stuff- instead of having to eat constantly.

As far as people seeing it... Mine is a mickey button (looks like a beachball flap) I put tape across it keeping in smooth to my stomach. I wear leotards while dancing and nobody knows.

I think most people have bard tubes though- which is what I had at first. They last longer. Mickeys need to be replaced every 6 mos at least. I don't mind replacing it though, it stays in because you basically blow up a balloon(which is on the inside of the stomach) with a syringe and can deflate it and pull it out when you need to. I just stick a new one in and it takes no trips to the doctors and like 10 secs.

1 major drawback most people find is changing it themselves. It hurts a lot. I'm not going to lie and you feel like you are gagging yourself from the inside if that makes sense. That is where the bard is preferred- doctors usually change it and they last super long- but aren't as easy to conceal.

Changing it myself makes me think I'm independent and I have to make less trips to my doctor who is 2 hours away-

I've had complications with the G-tube in the 10 yrs, but it was worth it. I have tons of energy and I'm at a fairly decent weight (while in high school -110 lbs) I'm also 5'2.

It was the best decision my family and I ever made-probably saved my life. correction- it did save my life.
Let me know if anyone wants to know anything else.

Thanks
rockgirl

22 w/ cf diagnosed at birth- intestinal problems- 10 wks premature

rockgirl

Hey,

Anyone who wants to talk about G-tubes. feel free to ask me anything. I got mine is 8th grade (1998) as well. I was 4'10 and only 50 some lbs. 2 yrs later I was 80 lbs and 5ft. I still have mine -ten yrs later- don't worry that is my choice to keep it- people who are thinking about getting them. I love it though, I can fit more time for school, work and extra stuff- instead of having to eat constantly.

As far as people seeing it... Mine is a mickey button (looks like a beachball flap) I put tape across it keeping in smooth to my stomach. I wear leotards while dancing and nobody knows.

I think most people have bard tubes though- which is what I had at first. They last longer. Mickeys need to be replaced every 6 mos at least. I don't mind replacing it though, it stays in because you basically blow up a balloon(which is on the inside of the stomach) with a syringe and can deflate it and pull it out when you need to. I just stick a new one in and it takes no trips to the doctors and like 10 secs.

1 major drawback most people find is changing it themselves. It hurts a lot. I'm not going to lie and you feel like you are gagging yourself from the inside if that makes sense. That is where the bard is preferred- doctors usually change it and they last super long- but aren't as easy to conceal.

Changing it myself makes me think I'm independent and I have to make less trips to my doctor who is 2 hours away-

I've had complications with the G-tube in the 10 yrs, but it was worth it. I have tons of energy and I'm at a fairly decent weight (while in high school -110 lbs) I'm also 5'2.

It was the best decision my family and I ever made-probably saved my life. correction- it did save my life.

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,
<br />
<br />Anyone who wants to talk about G-tubes. feel free to ask me anything. I got mine is 8th grade (1998) as well. I was 4'10 and only 50 some lbs. 2 yrs later I was 80 lbs and 5ft. I still have mine -ten yrs later- don't worry that is my choice to keep it- people who are thinking about getting them. I love it though, I can fit more time for school, work and extra stuff- instead of having to eat constantly.
<br />
<br />As far as people seeing it... Mine is a mickey button (looks like a beachball flap) I put tape across it keeping in smooth to my stomach. I wear leotards while dancing and nobody knows.
<br />
<br />I think most people have bard tubes though- which is what I had at first. They last longer. Mickeys need to be replaced every 6 mos at least. I don't mind replacing it though, it stays in because you basically blow up a balloon(which is on the inside of the stomach) with a syringe and can deflate it and pull it out when you need to. I just stick a new one in and it takes no trips to the doctors and like 10 secs.
<br />
<br />1 major drawback most people find is changing it themselves. It hurts a lot. I'm not going to lie and you feel like you are gagging yourself from the inside if that makes sense. That is where the bard is preferred- doctors usually change it and they last super long- but aren't as easy to conceal.
<br />
<br />Changing it myself makes me think I'm independent and I have to make less trips to my doctor who is 2 hours away-
<br />
<br />I've had complications with the G-tube in the 10 yrs, but it was worth it. I have tons of energy and I'm at a fairly decent weight (while in high school -110 lbs) I'm also 5'2.
<br />
<br />It was the best decision my family and I ever made-probably saved my life. correction- it did save my life.
<br />Let me know if anyone wants to know anything else.
<br />
<br />Thanks
<br />rockgirl
<br />
<br />22 w/ cf diagnosed at birth- intestinal problems- 10 wks premature

rockgirl

Hey,

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,

Thanks
rockgirl

rockgirl

Hey,
<br />
<br />Anyone who wants to talk about G-tubes. feel free to ask me anything. I got mine is 8th grade (1998) as well. I was 4'10 and only 50 some lbs. 2 yrs later I was 80 lbs and 5ft. I still have mine -ten yrs later- don't worry that is my choice to keep it- people who are thinking about getting them. I love it though, I can fit more time for school, work and extra stuff- instead of having to eat constantly.
<br />
<br />As far as people seeing it... Mine is a mickey button (looks like a beachball flap) I put tape across it keeping in smooth to my stomach. I wear leotards while dancing and nobody knows.
<br />
<br />I think most people have bard tubes though- which is what I had at first. They last longer. Mickeys need to be replaced every 6 mos at least. I don't mind replacing it though, it stays in because you basically blow up a balloon(which is on the inside of the stomach) with a syringe and can deflate it and pull it out when you need to. I just stick a new one in and it takes no trips to the doctors and like 10 secs.
<br />
<br />1 major drawback most people find is changing it themselves. It hurts a lot. I'm not going to lie and you feel like you are gagging yourself from the inside if that makes sense. That is where the bard is preferred- doctors usually change it and they last super long- but aren't as easy to conceal.
<br />
<br />Changing it myself makes me think I'm independent and I have to make less trips to my doctor who is 2 hours away-
<br />
<br />I've had complications with the G-tube in the 10 yrs, but it was worth it. I have tons of energy and I'm at a fairly decent weight (while in high school -110 lbs) I'm also 5'2.
<br />
<br />It was the best decision my family and I ever made-probably saved my life. correction- it did save my life.
<br />Let me know if anyone wants to know anything else.
<br />
<br />Thanks
<br />rockgirl
<br />
<br />22 w/ cf diagnosed at birth- intestinal problems- 10 wks premature