Anyone on Antibiotics ALL the time?

mum2kj

Kj is on bactrim full time and cipro month on month off plus inhaled tobra full time as well.

Kj has always been on full time antibiotics since she was 9yrs.

mum2kj

Kj is on bactrim full time and cipro month on month off plus inhaled tobra full time as well.

mum2kj

mum2kj

mum2kj

M

moxie1

Hi Diane,

Since I was diagnosed with cepacia some 10+ years ago, I have also been on chronic antibiotics. Back then it was ceclor and bactrim. I got tired of taking two of them, so I am only taking Bactrim. I have spoken to my doctor about stopping the Bactrim too, and he says that is fine. I just haven't gotten up the guts to do it yet.

My theory is that I have been on Bactrim for so long that it can't possibly be helping me. Before I started nasal irrigation, I was always getting sinus infections....why didn't the Bactrim protect against that?

M

moxie1

Hi Diane,

Since I was diagnosed with cepacia some 10+ years ago, I have also been on chronic antibiotics. Back then it was ceclor and bactrim. I got tired of taking two of them, so I am only taking Bactrim. I have spoken to my doctor about stopping the Bactrim too, and he says that is fine. I just haven't gotten up the guts to do it yet.

My theory is that I have been on Bactrim for so long that it can't possibly be helping me. Before I started nasal irrigation, I was always getting sinus infections....why didn't the Bactrim protect against that?

M

moxie1

Hi Diane,

M

moxie1

Hi Diane,

M

moxie1

Hi Diane,

bittyhorse23

Hi Diane

I have been on Bactrim for as long as I can remember. I also take Zithromax daily and Tobi month on month off. I was on Cipro and Keflex for a few years daily as well (with the Bactrim) but that stopped about 2 years ago. I find that I feel much better when I am on them then when I stop. Sometimes I will forget to refill my Tobi for exactly a month and I notice after a week or two I start to feel a little run down. That's my indicator that I need to refill LOL!!! I also have my DR call in Cipro when I feel a cold or something coming on so I can tackle it well before it bed riddens me!!

I'm a little confused about when people mention thrush though. I am familiar with the equine version of thrush in the hooves, but what does it do to people? I guess I have never had it if I don't know what it is....I know women can get yeast infections from antibotics, is it similar to this?

bittyhorse23

Hi Diane

I have been on Bactrim for as long as I can remember. I also take Zithromax daily and Tobi month on month off. I was on Cipro and Keflex for a few years daily as well (with the Bactrim) but that stopped about 2 years ago. I find that I feel much better when I am on them then when I stop. Sometimes I will forget to refill my Tobi for exactly a month and I notice after a week or two I start to feel a little run down. That's my indicator that I need to refill LOL!!! I also have my DR call in Cipro when I feel a cold or something coming on so I can tackle it well before it bed riddens me!!

I'm a little confused about when people mention thrush though. I am familiar with the equine version of thrush in the hooves, but what does it do to people? I guess I have never had it if I don't know what it is....I know women can get yeast infections from antibotics, is it similar to this?

bittyhorse23

Hi Diane

bittyhorse23

Hi Diane

bittyhorse23

Hi Diane