Applying to colleges

Jane

Digital opinion leader
After reading the "college bound" thread, I had a few questions about applying for college.

Do you disclose your illness in any way when you do college applications? I didn't know if it was helpful or harmful (or neither) to your getting accepted.

Josh will be applying this fall (yikes), so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
After reading the "college bound" thread, I had a few questions about applying for college.

Do you disclose your illness in any way when you do college applications? I didn't know if it was helpful or harmful (or neither) to your getting accepted.

Josh will be applying this fall (yikes), so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />Do you disclose your illness in any way when you do college applications? I didn't know if it was helpful or harmful (or neither) to your getting accepted.
<br />
<br />Josh will be applying this fall (yikes), so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kristen

I did not disclose it. The thought never even crossed my mind. I am a mild CFer, however, and I never anticipated that CF would have any impact on my time in college (and, for the most part, it didn't).

Kristen

I did not disclose it. The thought never even crossed my mind. I am a mild CFer, however, and I never anticipated that CF would have any impact on my time in college (and, for the most part, it didn't).

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

M

Mommafirst

It is not something he HAS to disclose. It depends on how he feels about it. It could make for a very compelling essay though, being about to attest to his tenacity, persistence, hard work and committment through less than optimal situations. Admissions tends to love essays like that. But it really will be a personal decision for each of your boys to make depending on whether they wish to speak about CF and the effects it may have had on their development and preparedness for higher education.

M

Mommafirst

It is not something he HAS to disclose. It depends on how he feels about it. It could make for a very compelling essay though, being about to attest to his tenacity, persistence, hard work and committment through less than optimal situations. Admissions tends to love essays like that. But it really will be a personal decision for each of your boys to make depending on whether they wish to speak about CF and the effects it may have had on their development and preparedness for higher education.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

I

IG

I would actually advise against mentioning CF in any admissions material. After sending out well over 20 applications I can safely say that I do believe that mentioning it had a negative affect on my acceptances. The colleges I was accepted to were the ones where I did not mention it. I'm sure everybody's experiences are different though so it depends on what you want to do.

I

IG

I would actually advise against mentioning CF in any admissions material. After sending out well over 20 applications I can safely say that I do believe that mentioning it had a negative affect on my acceptances. The colleges I was accepted to were the ones where I did not mention it. I'm sure everybody's experiences are different though so it depends on what you want to do.

I

IG

I

IG

I

IG