at the end of my rope

lilismom

Lili still wears a pull up to bed as well and it is wet every morning. Her dr. said th at 40% of kids still are not dry at 5 overnight so I'm not worried about it. So her urine sample yesterday was inconclusive so they sent it to a lab, since she's not having any pain or fevers they didn't put her on anything, I'd really
like to avoid a daily antibiotic for urinary tract infections but if she has one now I think we're going to have to consider it. As if she's not on antibiotics enough already!
I'm afraid I don't have any tips beside don't push it for potty training. They will go when they are ready and i found by pushing it it turned into a control thing for my girls. Good luck - it is difficult but your daughter won't be in diapers forever.

lilismom

Lili still wears a pull up to bed as well and it is wet every morning. Her dr. said th at 40% of kids still are not dry at 5 overnight so I'm not worried about it. So her urine sample yesterday was inconclusive so they sent it to a lab, since she's not having any pain or fevers they didn't put her on anything, I'd really
like to avoid a daily antibiotic for urinary tract infections but if she has one now I think we're going to have to consider it. As if she's not on antibiotics enough already!
I'm afraid I don't have any tips beside don't push it for potty training. They will go when they are ready and i found by pushing it it turned into a control thing for my girls. Good luck - it is difficult but your daughter won't be in diapers forever.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

JazzysMom

Every child is definitely different. Jazmine has NEVER EVER peed the bed, but as I stated in an earlier surprise would pee right on the floor. She also went through a VERY long stage of just not taking the time during fun etc to go potty & wet her pants constantly.

JazzysMom

Every child is definitely different. Jazmine has NEVER EVER peed the bed, but as I stated in an earlier surprise would pee right on the floor. She also went through a VERY long stage of just not taking the time during fun etc to go potty & wet her pants constantly.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

ktsmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>PACmommy</b></i>

Sometimes accidents can start during a time of emotional strain and it's the childs way of gaining some sort of control. </end quote></div>

I completely agree with this. Katy's teacher suggested the same thing when Katy started having some pee accidents at school.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lilismom</b></i>

Lili still wears a pull up to bed as well and it is wet every morning. Her dr. said that 40% of kids still are not dry at 5 overnight so I'm not worried about it. </end quote></div>

This is where we are (wearing a pull-up to bed; completely soaked in the morning). Except that I WAS worried about it, because previously she was wearing undies overnight and they were completely dry. Talk about wearing me out researching glucose intolerance issues! I worked my computer overtime finding everything I could about the spectrum from glucose intolerance to CFRD.

Katy did not have pain, fever, anything. But her urine cultured positive for Strep B, so a round of antibiotics. Now a month later she starts with the constant peeing again and this time her urine cultured <i>Enterococcus faecalis</i> which apparently is one they get from poor "wiping" habits.

Ah, life as a parent of a CF kid........ worry to death about things that turn out to maybe be normal stuff after all.

ktsmom

Sometimes accidents can start during a time of emotional strain and it's the childs way of gaining some sort of control. </end quote></div>

I completely agree with this. Katy's teacher suggested the same thing when Katy started having some pee accidents at school.

Lili still wears a pull up to bed as well and it is wet every morning. Her dr. said that 40% of kids still are not dry at 5 overnight so I'm not worried about it. </end quote></div>

This is where we are (wearing a pull-up to bed; completely soaked in the morning). Except that I WAS worried about it, because previously she was wearing undies overnight and they were completely dry. Talk about wearing me out researching glucose intolerance issues! I worked my computer overtime finding everything I could about the spectrum from glucose intolerance to CFRD.

Katy did not have pain, fever, anything. But her urine cultured positive for Strep B, so a round of antibiotics. Now a month later she starts with the constant peeing again and this time her urine cultured <i>Enterococcus faecalis</i> which apparently is one they get from poor "wiping" habits.

Ah, life as a parent of a CF kid........ worry to death about things that turn out to maybe be normal stuff after all.

ktsmom

ktsmom

Sometimes accidents can start during a time of emotional strain and it's the childs way of gaining some sort of control. </end quote>

Lili still wears a pull up to bed as well and it is wet every morning. Her dr. said that 40% of kids still are not dry at 5 overnight so I'm not worried about it. </end quote>

ktsmom

Sometimes accidents can start during a time of emotional strain and it's the childs way of gaining some sort of control. </end quote>

Lili still wears a pull up to bed as well and it is wet every morning. Her dr. said that 40% of kids still are not dry at 5 overnight so I'm not worried about it. </end quote>

purplemartin

We had trouble with our daughter going No.2 on the potty, so we purchased a few "treats" (little toys, etc.) at the Dollar Store/Dollar Tree and wrapped them up and placed them in a basket next to the toilet. Every time she went poo poo she got to open a treat!!!! She was poopy trained in no time!

purplemartin

We had trouble with our daughter going No.2 on the potty, so we purchased a few "treats" (little toys, etc.) at the Dollar Store/Dollar Tree and wrapped them up and placed them in a basket next to the toilet. Every time she went poo poo she got to open a treat!!!! She was poopy trained in no time!

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin