authenticity?

dyza

I find it difficult enough sending Xmas cards to the USA, never mind sending some kind of letter verifing myself, postage costs and all that. Bad idea, if we had to give this info, then I rekon that nobody from this side of the Atlantic or the other side of the Pacific would join.

dyza

I find it difficult enough sending Xmas cards to the USA, never mind sending some kind of letter verifing myself, postage costs and all that. Bad idea, if we had to give this info, then I rekon that nobody from this side of the Atlantic or the other side of the Pacific would join.

Pete

I'm just naturally wary of ANYONE who want things from me, whether that be real world or online...other than that you can pretty well judge people...or posts for the content and gain some sort of vibe of whether they are genuine. People who are dishonest generally will get straight to the point of what they are after because if they don't get it fairly soon they'll move on to the next person...

You can never stop mentally ill individuals from getting anywhere on the net, that's just an unfortunate side effect of being here. Predators and persons with agendas of all descriptions are everywhere and you have to be aware, which most are.

On the point of proof validity for registration and having to get doctors signatures and posting stuff etc etc...who would make that sort of effort for a forum?

Pete

I'm just naturally wary of ANYONE who want things from me, whether that be real world or online...other than that you can pretty well judge people...or posts for the content and gain some sort of vibe of whether they are genuine. People who are dishonest generally will get straight to the point of what they are after because if they don't get it fairly soon they'll move on to the next person...

You can never stop mentally ill individuals from getting anywhere on the net, that's just an unfortunate side effect of being here. Predators and persons with agendas of all descriptions are everywhere and you have to be aware, which most are.

On the point of proof validity for registration and having to get doctors signatures and posting stuff etc etc...who would make that sort of effort for a forum?

Pete

kayleesgrandma

I understand where you are coming from Ella, as you have been "stung" in the past. But I still prefer to believe someone at face value. I appreciate your concerns, and your efforts to make sure that no one is harmed or hurt by someone falsely misrepresenting themselves here on the site. I do not feel you are doing this to be malicious, as some appear to think here. I feel you are truely concerned for our hearts, but I would rather give my heart away than keep it closed up. I would rather have it get hurt, than hurt someone by not giving them my love. I have come to care for everyone here, and though I will probably never meet most of you, I would rather think you are who you say you are, and not miss the chance of you enriching my life. So I will take my chances, and I thank you for your concern.

kayleesgrandma

I understand where you are coming from Ella, as you have been "stung" in the past. But I still prefer to believe someone at face value. I appreciate your concerns, and your efforts to make sure that no one is harmed or hurt by someone falsely misrepresenting themselves here on the site. I do not feel you are doing this to be malicious, as some appear to think here. I feel you are truely concerned for our hearts, but I would rather give my heart away than keep it closed up. I would rather have it get hurt, than hurt someone by not giving them my love. I have come to care for everyone here, and though I will probably never meet most of you, I would rather think you are who you say you are, and not miss the chance of you enriching my life. So I will take my chances, and I thank you for your concern.

kayleesgrandma

sue35

So does that mean that every person I meet in person I should ask if they have a background check on hand or else I can't talk to them? You can never know who anyone really is and yes it is worse on the web but that is a chance you take. If you don't like it, then don't use the internet.

sue35

So does that mean that every person I meet in person I should ask if they have a background check on hand or else I can't talk to them? You can never know who anyone really is and yes it is worse on the web but that is a chance you take. If you don't like it, then don't use the internet.

sue35

julie

And I forgot to mention in my last post, that usually the one's in life who questions others authenticity are the ones who are dishonest themselves. I have to wonder about you now, especially some of your comments to other members of this board who have been here much longer than you have.

I think it's an absurd idea.

julie

And I forgot to mention in my last post, that usually the one's in life who questions others authenticity are the ones who are dishonest themselves. I have to wonder about you now, especially some of your comments to other members of this board who have been here much longer than you have.

julie

JazzysMom

Although this idea is not well received and Ellie has her reasons for wanting this or needing it in her own way.......there is no need for what seems to me (IMHO) personal attacks. She did not mention any names to single out individuals. She asked to discuss this and to hear opinions. So far it seems that she is the only one that completely feels there should be stricter measures. THanks for sharing the thoughts!

JazzysMom

Although this idea is not well received and Ellie has her reasons for wanting this or needing it in her own way.......there is no need for what seems to me (IMHO) personal attacks. She did not mention any names to single out individuals. She asked to discuss this and to hear opinions. So far it seems that she is the only one that completely feels there should be stricter measures. THanks for sharing the thoughts!

JazzysMom

miesl

Julie, it's not only the comments made to another board member.

It's also her PM messages, which I have no issue with sharing (I wouldn't normally share, but this is in the best interests of the forum to know what she says):

<i>ess922 i seem to have hit a nerve. this wasn't a personal attack. just a discussion. why so angry?

miesl Only that I would like to think I'll still be welcome here when I'm a widow. Really, if you have this large of an issue with the way the site works or the people on it, leave.

ess922 and i'd like to feel welcome too. i don't actually think we are on opposite sides of the fence here. i should not have to leave. nor should you or anyone. to be a support site, this should actually be supportive! other sites achieve this. without it being overkill from the moderators. its just more secure. no big brother watching. just an administrator minimizing the internet risks as much as possible. again, sorry if this has offended you personally. that was not my intent.

miesl I am not on your side of ANYTHING in this matter. In my universe, PMing me that message after emailing someone else on the site and telling them to leave... well... I don't want your plan. In fact, I can't stand your plan. It assumes that we're all morons who don't know who the liars are. I know. </i>

When someone says "i should not have to leave. nor should you or anyone" after emailing someone else that they should leave, they have less than ZERO credibility. I would share those VILE emails with the board (as I have seen and read them), but the person they were directed at wishes they not be.

miesl

It's also her PM messages, which I have no issue with sharing (I wouldn't normally share, but this is in the best interests of the forum to know what she says):

<i>ess922 i seem to have hit a nerve. this wasn't a personal attack. just a discussion. why so angry?

miesl Only that I would like to think I'll still be welcome here when I'm a widow. Really, if you have this large of an issue with the way the site works or the people on it, leave.

ess922 and i'd like to feel welcome too. i don't actually think we are on opposite sides of the fence here. i should not have to leave. nor should you or anyone. to be a support site, this should actually be supportive! other sites achieve this. without it being overkill from the moderators. its just more secure. no big brother watching. just an administrator minimizing the internet risks as much as possible. again, sorry if this has offended you personally. that was not my intent.

miesl I am not on your side of ANYTHING in this matter. In my universe, PMing me that message after emailing someone else on the site and telling them to leave... well... I don't want your plan. In fact, I can't stand your plan. It assumes that we're all morons who don't know who the liars are. I know. </i>

When someone says "i should not have to leave. nor should you or anyone" after emailing someone else that they should leave, they have less than ZERO credibility. I would share those VILE emails with the board (as I have seen and read them), but the person they were directed at wishes they not be.

miesl