Baby #1

wanderlost

My son was born at 34.5 weeks weighing 5-7, my daughter was born at 36 weeks weighing at 5-5 - boith were natural spontaneous labors and neither babe spent time in the NICU (well technically my daughter did for abut 1 hour simply for observation of her retracted breathing but that went away quickly, so I don't count it).

wanderlost

My son was born at 34.5 weeks weighing 5-7, my daughter was born at 36 weeks weighing at 5-5 - boith were natural spontaneous labors and neither babe spent time in the NICU (well technically my daughter did for abut 1 hour simply for observation of her retracted breathing but that went away quickly, so I don't count it).

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

K

Keepercjr

My son was born at 39 weeks 4 days and weighed 5 lbs 11 oz. It was an induction. I'll never do that again! I feel that had I not been induced I would have gone a few more weeks and he would have been bigger. He had no issues being small though.

I agree with Tara - ultrasound estimates are just that, <i>estimates</i>! At the end of pregnancy they can be off up to 2 lbs either way. I wouldn't rely on an ultrasound to give you an accurate idea of how big your baby is. And the size of your baby shouldn't have any bearing on whether you can birth them vaginally or not. Our bodies rarely make babies too big for us to birth.

K

Keepercjr

My son was born at 39 weeks 4 days and weighed 5 lbs 11 oz. It was an induction. I'll never do that again! I feel that had I not been induced I would have gone a few more weeks and he would have been bigger. He had no issues being small though.

I agree with Tara - ultrasound estimates are just that, <i>estimates</i>! At the end of pregnancy they can be off up to 2 lbs either way. I wouldn't rely on an ultrasound to give you an accurate idea of how big your baby is. And the size of your baby shouldn't have any bearing on whether you can birth them vaginally or not. Our bodies rarely make babies too big for us to birth.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

mom2lillian

the further along you are the more 'estimated' the ultrasounds are. My SIL did this for a living and she said the last month or so those estimates are only supposed to be used for +/- 2lbs range 'idea'. Which is why I dont see how docs induce based on size except in rare cases. ANyway.

40weeks1day 6lbs 8oz 19'' long

congratulations!

mom2lillian

the further along you are the more 'estimated' the ultrasounds are. My SIL did this for a living and she said the last month or so those estimates are only supposed to be used for +/- 2lbs range 'idea'. Which is why I dont see how docs induce based on size except in rare cases. ANyway.

congratulations!

mom2lillian

congratulations!

mom2lillian

congratulations!

mom2lillian

congratulations!

Momtana

Haley, I am curious why the two OB docs you are working with routinely induce women with CF. Please help me understand why they do that.
for what it is worth, I had my (3) babies in the 80s, we did not know I had CF and each was born spontaneously at 39 weeks; I did not have one ultrasound.

Momtana

Haley, I am curious why the two OB docs you are working with routinely induce women with CF. Please help me understand why they do that.
for what it is worth, I had my (3) babies in the 80s, we did not know I had CF and each was born spontaneously at 39 weeks; I did not have one ultrasound.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana