Baby #1

LouLou

I vaginally delivered a baby boy weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz in July. He was 19.5" long. He got a 9 on the APGAR after 36 hours. What a trooper! My water ruptured and contractions did not start after 11 hours so Pitocin (induction) was started. 24 hours later I delivered him. If I had not vocalized and written clearly in a birth plan why I was so against a c-section for me I would have ended up with one since it is highly unusual for hospitals to allow the water to be broken for more than 24 hours.

I started out the pregnancy at 127 lbs. at 5'3" and gained 27 lbs. (wasn't easy) Scarily, I lost 16 lbs. in 2 days. 4 lbs. the next week and another 4 the 2nd week of life of my son. I worked hard to keep the last 3 lbs. on but lost it by week 8 post delivery. I now weigh 125 and am dealing with more respiratory issues than I have in the last 1 1/2 years. I am breastfeeding exclusively.

Pregnancy was great. I seriously wish I could be pregnant the rest of my life but I don't know that my cf can handle raising more than 1.

LouLou

I vaginally delivered a baby boy weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz in July. He was 19.5" long. He got a 9 on the APGAR after 36 hours. What a trooper! My water ruptured and contractions did not start after 11 hours so Pitocin (induction) was started. 24 hours later I delivered him. If I had not vocalized and written clearly in a birth plan why I was so against a c-section for me I would have ended up with one since it is highly unusual for hospitals to allow the water to be broken for more than 24 hours.

I started out the pregnancy at 127 lbs. at 5'3" and gained 27 lbs. (wasn't easy) Scarily, I lost 16 lbs. in 2 days. 4 lbs. the next week and another 4 the 2nd week of life of my son. I worked hard to keep the last 3 lbs. on but lost it by week 8 post delivery. I now weigh 125 and am dealing with more respiratory issues than I have in the last 1 1/2 years. I am breastfeeding exclusively.

Pregnancy was great. I seriously wish I could be pregnant the rest of my life but I don't know that my cf can handle raising more than 1.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

hbollotte

well, the peri i'm seeing induces his cf patients, my regular ob doesn't know much about cf, but he likes to induce all his patients. i've heard tons of good things about induction and tons of bad things about induction.

i going to be induced no matter what people tell me. the only way i'm not is if i actually go into labor. i've read all about induction and what can happen, i.e. c-section.

i'm just praying everything goes well, i don't think any of you on this site recommend induction. i'll learn after she is born if its for me or not for me, we all have to experience things for our selves.

hbollotte

well, the peri i'm seeing induces his cf patients, my regular ob doesn't know much about cf, but he likes to induce all his patients. i've heard tons of good things about induction and tons of bad things about induction.

i going to be induced no matter what people tell me. the only way i'm not is if i actually go into labor. i've read all about induction and what can happen, i.e. c-section.

i'm just praying everything goes well, i don't think any of you on this site recommend induction. i'll learn after she is born if its for me or not for me, we all have to experience things for our selves.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

boxer13

Robbie was born at 39 weeks and weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.
I was induced and ended up delivering via C-section after 12 hours of contractions, this was not the way I expected it to go but in the end everything worked out fine, and most importantly my baby was healthy. He is now 18.8 lbs and 26 inches long and only 4 1/2 month - he is off the chart on both weight and height.

If you are planning on being induced I would just say to research and talk about the drugs they will give you and your options. I opted not to get any kind of IV that made me relaxed and I think that was a good choice because I was alert up until the C-section. Once I had the C-section I had terrible shaking for hours after and i opted to get a shot of Dermerol, it was great in the fact my body stopped shaking immediately but not so great that I was clearly out of it for the first 6-8 hours of his life. I did breast feed that night at 5 in the morning but they don't always do that. So talk with the nurse when you are admitted to the hospital. Don't be afraid to ask them questions about what they are giving you.
Good luck to all the preggers, wishing you all an easy delivery!

boxer13

I was induced and ended up delivering via C-section after 12 hours of contractions, this was not the way I expected it to go but in the end everything worked out fine, and most importantly my baby was healthy. He is now 18.8 lbs and 26 inches long and only 4 1/2 month - he is off the chart on both weight and height.

If you are planning on being induced I would just say to research and talk about the drugs they will give you and your options. I opted not to get any kind of IV that made me relaxed and I think that was a good choice because I was alert up until the C-section. Once I had the C-section I had terrible shaking for hours after and i opted to get a shot of Dermerol, it was great in the fact my body stopped shaking immediately but not so great that I was clearly out of it for the first 6-8 hours of his life. I did breast feed that night at 5 in the morning but they don't always do that. So talk with the nurse when you are admitted to the hospital. Don't be afraid to ask them questions about what they are giving you.

boxer13

boxer13

boxer13

LouLou

Lucky, Thought you might find this interesting. I looked up what my son weighed when I was 27 wks. pregnant and it is exactly what your's was estimated at - - 2 lbs. 7 oz.

As I stated previously, he was born a perfect 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19.5" long :)

LouLou

Lucky, Thought you might find this interesting. I looked up what my son weighed when I was 27 wks. pregnant and it is exactly what your's was estimated at - - 2 lbs. 7 oz.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou