Back into the hospital tonight

JennyCoulon

I don't know much about Micah's liver issues but I was just thinking is a liver transplant a possible option? I am sorry and you and your family are going thru this. I can't imagine how you guys are feeling as my heart is breaking and I don't even know Micah. Sending good vibes and prayers your way and please let us know if there is anything that you guys need as we are all one big CF family.

JennyCoulon

I don't know much about Micah's liver issues but I was just thinking is a liver transplant a possible option? I am sorry and you and your family are going thru this. I can't imagine how you guys are feeling as my heart is breaking and I don't even know Micah. Sending good vibes and prayers your way and please let us know if there is anything that you guys need as we are all one big CF family.

TestifyToLove

When they corrected Micah's meconium illeum, they didn't leave enough small bowel for a liver transplant. Thus, he would require a multi-viseral transplant. There were less than half a dozen pediatric multi-viseral transplants done in the US last year. Micah will not qualify when you account for his advanced liver disease *and* his combination of Autism and Bipolar.

When we adopted him, we had assumed he would be able to get a liver transplant. We assumed daddy would be a living donor. We were told three years ago that was not an option based upon the condition of Micah's gut (or what little bit of it is actually left with him after multiple bowel obstructions and resections.

TestifyToLove

When they corrected Micah's meconium illeum, they didn't leave enough small bowel for a liver transplant. Thus, he would require a multi-viseral transplant. There were less than half a dozen pediatric multi-viseral transplants done in the US last year. Micah will not qualify when you account for his advanced liver disease *and* his combination of Autism and Bipolar.

When we adopted him, we had assumed he would be able to get a liver transplant. We assumed daddy would be a living donor. We were told three years ago that was not an option based upon the condition of Micah's gut (or what little bit of it is actually left with him after multiple bowel obstructions and resections.