birth control methods

littletally

Quick question to all of those out there who are or who have used birth control pills, patches, or shot.

Which did you like better?

I have a history of blood clots when I have a picc line in but no other time. I can no longer take the pill because it makes me sick to my stomach so they (non cf docs) want me to try the patch.
I hear that can increase chances for a blood clot.

Any advice??

Nikki 30 waiting to adopt first baby!!!

littletally

Quick question to all of those out there who are or who have used birth control pills, patches, or shot.

I have a history of blood clots when I have a picc line in but no other time. I can no longer take the pill because it makes me sick to my stomach so they (non cf docs) want me to try the patch.

Any advice??

littletally

Any advice??

littletally

Any advice??

littletally

<br />
<br />Which did you like better?
<br />
<br />I have a history of blood clots when I have a picc line in but no other time. I can no longer take the pill because it makes me sick to my stomach so they (non cf docs) want me to try the patch.
<br />I hear that can increase chances for a blood clot.
<br />
<br />Any advice??
<br />
<br />Nikki 30 waiting to adopt first baby!!!

JazzysMom

I have an IUD in. Not the one with hormones that last 5 years, the one that last 10 years. Sorry I cant remember the name of it.

I just had mine changed last year.

I have never used anything with hormones nor anything that antibiotics or other meds can affect.

I would suggest doing a search on the topic also. There have been a few threads with lots of great feedback & experiences including some from a member who works in that field & is a CFer!

JazzysMom

I have an IUD in. Not the one with hormones that last 5 years, the one that last 10 years. Sorry I cant remember the name of it.

I have never used anything with hormones nor anything that antibiotics or other meds can affect.

I would suggest doing a search on the topic also. There have been a few threads with lots of great feedback & experiences including some from a member who works in that field & is a CFer!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I just had mine changed last year.
<br />
<br />I have never used anything with hormones nor anything that antibiotics or other meds can affect.
<br />
<br />I would suggest doing a search on the topic also. There have been a few threads with lots of great feedback & experiences including some from a member who works in that field & is a CFer!

mom2cameron

I use an IUD the one that last for 5 years with hormones. I just got it last week. So far its been good, cant feel it or anything. I have been spotting since I got it though. Hopefully that goes away. I use to take the pills and they made me feel funny. I also use to be on the shot and bleed like I was on my period for 6 months which I then opted not to get the next shot!

mom2cameron

I use an IUD the one that last for 5 years with hormones. I just got it last week. So far its been good, cant feel it or anything. I have been spotting since I got it though. Hopefully that goes away. I use to take the pills and they made me feel funny. I also use to be on the shot and bleed like I was on my period for 6 months which I then opted not to get the next shot!

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

mom2cameron

lmattaway

I also use the 5 yr IUD. It's called the Mirena. I love it. I've done the patch (which they no longer recommend) and the nuva ring and this has been the best.

lmattaway

I also use the 5 yr IUD. It's called the Mirena. I love it. I've done the patch (which they no longer recommend) and the nuva ring and this has been the best.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway