Birth control

Alyssa

My daughter uses the NuvaRing and loves it. We were told that because the hormones are released more "locally" and not through the digestive track it would not be effected by antibiotic use.

She also loves the convenience because she is not responsible to remember another pill every day -- you put it in yourself, it stays in for three weeks then you remove it, have your period and put one back in....you can also remove it and put a new one in right away if you want to skip your period once in a while too.

Alyssa

My daughter uses the NuvaRing and loves it. We were told that because the hormones are released more "locally" and not through the digestive track it would not be effected by antibiotic use.

She also loves the convenience because she is not responsible to remember another pill every day -- you put it in yourself, it stays in for three weeks then you remove it, have your period and put one back in....you can also remove it and put a new one in right away if you want to skip your period once in a while too.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />She also loves the convenience because she is not responsible to remember another pill every day -- you put it in yourself, it stays in for three weeks then you remove it, have your period and put one back in....you can also remove it and put a new one in right away if you want to skip your period once in a while too.

Kelli

I use Yaz, the lower dose of Yazmine. I love it. I have a way short period (like 2 days) and my skin is perfect (my dermo actually told me that's the pill she prescribes for people). So it's great.
My CF doc told me that when I'm on IV's to use a back up method because they can affect the the pill. But IV's make me totally sick (fever, throwing up, chills, headache) so do you really think I'm going to 'do it' when I feel like crap. Husband is sooo understanding...bless his heart!!

Kelli

Kelli

I use Yaz, the lower dose of Yazmine. I love it. I have a way short period (like 2 days) and my skin is perfect (my dermo actually told me that's the pill she prescribes for people). So it's great.
My CF doc told me that when I'm on IV's to use a back up method because they can affect the the pill. But IV's make me totally sick (fever, throwing up, chills, headache) so do you really think I'm going to 'do it' when I feel like crap. Husband is sooo understanding...bless his heart!!

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

<br />My CF doc told me that when I'm on IV's to use a back up method because they can affect the the pill. But IV's make me totally sick (fever, throwing up, chills, headache) so do you really think I'm going to 'do it' when I feel like crap. Husband is sooo understanding...bless his heart!!
<br />
<br />Kelli

NYCLawGirl

So far as I know the pill will not interfere with your abx, but the abx can definitely lessen the effectiveness of the pill. I have been on it for years, but I also generally use an "alternate" form of birth (e.g. condom) control as well. Just in case.

NYCLawGirl

So far as I know the pill will not interfere with your abx, but the abx can definitely lessen the effectiveness of the pill. I have been on it for years, but I also generally use an "alternate" form of birth (e.g. condom) control as well. Just in case.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

Emily65Roses

When I needed it, I used the shot. Depo Provera. One shot every three months. Worked like a charm. I even stopped my periods. None. Wooooo. I totally recommend it.

And yes, BC pills are no good on abx. I know a CF girl who was on abx and was taking BC pills. No one told her that abx make BC almost useless... and she wound up pregnant.

Emily65Roses

When I needed it, I used the shot. Depo Provera. One shot every three months. Worked like a charm. I even stopped my periods. None. Wooooo. I totally recommend it.

And yes, BC pills are no good on abx. I know a CF girl who was on abx and was taking BC pills. No one told her that abx make BC almost useless... and she wound up pregnant.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

<br />
<br />And yes, BC pills are no good on abx. I know a CF girl who was on abx and was taking BC pills. No one told her that abx make BC almost useless... and she wound up pregnant.