Can our kids take enzymes in something besides applesauce?

M

Mommafirst

My daughter is hating the applesauce, and we've only been doing enzymes for a week!!!!!!! She hits the spoon and I get applesauce all over me, all over the wall, all over the room!!! She really doesn't like sweet things, I actually had to put peas coated in salt and butter on the applesauce to get her to eat the enzymes. But even that isn't working anymore.

I know that once she gets a little older, old enough to reason with, it will get better. But in the meantime, does anyone know if I can mix the enzymes with something else? She MIGHT take pudding or ice cream -- depends on the day.

M

Mommafirst

My daughter is hating the applesauce, and we've only been doing enzymes for a week!!!!!!! She hits the spoon and I get applesauce all over me, all over the wall, all over the room!!! She really doesn't like sweet things, I actually had to put peas coated in salt and butter on the applesauce to get her to eat the enzymes. But even that isn't working anymore.

I know that once she gets a little older, old enough to reason with, it will get better. But in the meantime, does anyone know if I can mix the enzymes with something else? She MIGHT take pudding or ice cream -- depends on the day.

M

Mommafirst

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Max hated the texture of applesauce. We did better with babyfood bananas. But sometimes, when at someone else's house I used ketchup or jelly. When he was two, I started just popping the whole enzyme capsules in his mouth and he'd wash them down with a drink of something.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Max hated the texture of applesauce. We did better with babyfood bananas. But sometimes, when at someone else's house I used ketchup or jelly. When he was two, I started just popping the whole enzyme capsules in his mouth and he'd wash them down with a drink of something.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

folione

We've used all sorts of different baby-fruits and also ice cream, yogurt or whatever my son was eating. I know the rules say something acidic so the enzymes don't break down but we put the enzymes on top of the food on the spoon and it gets eaten right away so I don't see how it matter much - and my son has never had any problems.

folione

We've used all sorts of different baby-fruits and also ice cream, yogurt or whatever my son was eating. I know the rules say something acidic so the enzymes don't break down but we put the enzymes on top of the food on the spoon and it gets eaten right away so I don't see how it matter much - and my son has never had any problems.

folione

U

usedtobeinca

Thomas takes the enzymes straight up. We empty the capsules into a medicine cup, get him to say 'ahhh', and down the hatch they go. We've mixed them with foods, but the "shotgun" method (recommended to us in the hosp after much frustration with mixing them into food) has always worked better for us.

U

usedtobeinca

Thomas takes the enzymes straight up. We empty the capsules into a medicine cup, get him to say 'ahhh', and down the hatch they go. We've mixed them with foods, but the "shotgun" method (recommended to us in the hosp after much frustration with mixing them into food) has always worked better for us.

U

usedtobeinca

Keirasmom

My baby who is 6 months old has being doing the "shotgun" method since she was a few weks old. We use a medicine cup or a measuring spoon that looks like a scoop.... hold her roungue down pour them in and put the bottle back in her mouth and she swallows them. With food she spits them right out, this way she gets all of them.
Rebecca

Keirasmom

My baby who is 6 months old has being doing the "shotgun" method since she was a few weks old. We use a medicine cup or a measuring spoon that looks like a scoop.... hold her roungue down pour them in and put the bottle back in her mouth and she swallows them. With food she spits them right out, this way she gets all of them.
Rebecca

Keirasmom

Rebecca

purplemartin

Same here! We have always used the "shotgun" method as well. Our son would just spit them out if we mixed with babyfood. We just open up the capsul and pour em' in, always giving him his bottle right afterwards to wash them down.

purplemartin

Same here! We have always used the "shotgun" method as well. Our son would just spit them out if we mixed with babyfood. We just open up the capsul and pour em' in, always giving him his bottle right afterwards to wash them down.