Can our kids take enzymes in something besides applesauce?

evan1227

We had the same problem with our son, so we tried all kinds of things. We finally discovered he loves maple syrup. We just put the enzymes in a small spoon and squirt some syrup on them and he takes them with a smile.

evan1227

We had the same problem with our son, so we tried all kinds of things. We finally discovered he loves maple syrup. We just put the enzymes in a small spoon and squirt some syrup on them and he takes them with a smile.

M

Mommafirst

Gosh, thanks for all the good ideas everyone!!! Guacamole goes over really well with her -- maybe I'll try that. And the idea that if you just sprinkle it on top and put it right in their mouth, its not getting broken down or anything makes sense to me!!!<br>
<br>
Liza, the peas in the stew cracked me up!!! <br>
<br>
I thought CFers are supposed to want to eat all the time as babies, didn't think there would be so many with food issues. But I'm glad to see we aren't alone!!!!

M

Mommafirst

Gosh, thanks for all the good ideas everyone!!! Guacamole goes over really well with her -- maybe I'll try that. And the idea that if you just sprinkle it on top and put it right in their mouth, its not getting broken down or anything makes sense to me!!!<br>
<br>
<br>
I thought CFers are supposed to want to eat all the time as babies, didn't think there would be so many with food issues. But I'm glad to see we aren't alone!!!!

M

Mommafirst

<br>
<br>

babyjaden2004

When I used the applesauce with Jaden I pureed it in the blender and that seem ti help for a bit but then she just refused them. I tried the shotgun, OMG it was to funny, I'll stick with the pears for now.

babyjaden2004

When I used the applesauce with Jaden I pureed it in the blender and that seem ti help for a bit but then she just refused them. I tried the shotgun, OMG it was to funny, I'll stick with the pears for now.

babyjaden2004

thefrogprincess

Whatever you can get her to eat use it! Pudding, yogurt, ketchup, mashed potatos, smushed banana, peanut butter, anything. The important thing is she get the enzymes. Good luck!

thefrogprincess

Whatever you can get her to eat use it! Pudding, yogurt, ketchup, mashed potatos, smushed banana, peanut butter, anything. The important thing is she get the enzymes. Good luck!

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

Oh yeah, my mom used to put something sticky like honey or corn syrup on the nipple of a bottle and dip it in the enzyme beads then jam it our mouths. She'd do it a couple times in one feeding to make sure we got enough. Worth a try.

thefrogprincess

Oh yeah, my mom used to put something sticky like honey or corn syrup on the nipple of a bottle and dip it in the enzyme beads then jam it our mouths. She'd do it a couple times in one feeding to make sure we got enough. Worth a try.

thefrogprincess

M

Mommafirst

If she still took bottles, I'd try that. But not with honey, it carries botulism -- they don't suggest you give it to kids under one. As my mom repeatedly says when I tell her what we "can't" do because of "them", "I don't know how I kept you alive through your childhood with all of today's rules!" LOL!

Maybe maple syrup or jelly might work.

M

Mommafirst

If she still took bottles, I'd try that. But not with honey, it carries botulism -- they don't suggest you give it to kids under one. As my mom repeatedly says when I tell her what we "can't" do because of "them", "I don't know how I kept you alive through your childhood with all of today's rules!" LOL!

M

Mommafirst

karenanne99

Prunes ( the baby food).? That might be just gross but i know that is what my mother used to put my enzymes in, I'd suggest a yogurt though if that is too gross( i loved prunes though). Good Luck!

karenanne99

Prunes ( the baby food).? That might be just gross but i know that is what my mother used to put my enzymes in, I'd suggest a yogurt though if that is too gross( i loved prunes though). Good Luck!

karenanne99