Can our kids take enzymes in something besides applesauce?

Emeraldmirror

I still can't eat applesauce that's how much it grossed me out when i was little.. as soon as i smell it i gag... but when there wasn't any around we used to use ketchup

Ashley 22 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

I still can't eat applesauce that's how much it grossed me out when i was little.. as soon as i smell it i gag... but when there wasn't any around we used to use ketchup

Ashley 22 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

Ashley 22 w/cf

mum2kj

my daughter loved the apple sauce.

But when I went out i would put jam into a little container.

also I would sprinkle them on Mcdonald's ice creams.

mum2kj

mum2kj

AidansMom

Diagnosed at nine months, my son had the toughest time with the texture of the enzyme micro-beads. He'd gag violently, fight, squirm and spit everything out. So the doctor's recommendation of (simply) spoon-feeding applesauce and enzymes was totally untenable.

Our desperate brain-storming resulted in our:

1) Removing the plungers from and cutting off the tapered tips (business ends) from few medium-size plastic syringes. We did this with a serrated knife.

2) Heating the cut end over an open flame (at a respectable distance) to remove any rough edges...If you hold it just the right distance from the fire the plastic will gently curl outward, forming a smooth rounded edge.

3) After a through washing we'd reinsert the plunger, depressed it fully, draw up some baby applesauce, pour in the micro beads, draw up more applesauce, pears or bananas (he actually hated applesauce for the longest time). Having the beads sandwiched between the fruit made the beads tolerable for him.

4) With him in a supine position we'd place the syringe against his soft palate, depress the entire mix into his mouth(aprox 5 ml), then set him upright. Because he was pretty resistant to treatment we'd sing, dance, clap, cheer him on, even spin him around for a laugh, anything to distract him momentarily from the fact his mouth was filled with stuff he obviously found repellent.

At about 13 months we took a cross country trip. At some restaurant we realized we'd misplaced the altered syringes! So...we poured the enzymes into a spoon and to our amazement and gratitude, he took his enzymes without a fuss. Now, at 16 months, we just dump his prescribed four caps of Creon 5 onto a small mound of applesauce at the corner of his plate
, tell him he has to take his enzymes before he gets his yummy meal, and for the most part, he complies.

AidansMom

Diagnosed at nine months, my son had the toughest time with the texture of the enzyme micro-beads. He'd gag violently, fight, squirm and spit everything out. So the doctor's recommendation of (simply) spoon-feeding applesauce and enzymes was totally untenable.

1) Removing the plungers from and cutting off the tapered tips (business ends) from few medium-size plastic syringes. We did this with a serrated knife.

2) Heating the cut end over an open flame (at a respectable distance) to remove any rough edges...If you hold it just the right distance from the fire the plastic will gently curl outward, forming a smooth rounded edge.

3) After a through washing we'd reinsert the plunger, depressed it fully, draw up some baby applesauce, pour in the micro beads, draw up more applesauce, pears or bananas (he actually hated applesauce for the longest time). Having the beads sandwiched between the fruit made the beads tolerable for him.

4) With him in a supine position we'd place the syringe against his soft palate, depress the entire mix into his mouth(aprox 5 ml), then set him upright. Because he was pretty resistant to treatment we'd sing, dance, clap, cheer him on, even spin him around for a laugh, anything to distract him momentarily from the fact his mouth was filled with stuff he obviously found repellent.

At about 13 months we took a cross country trip. At some restaurant we realized we'd misplaced the altered syringes! So...we poured the enzymes into a spoon and to our amazement and gratitude, he took his enzymes without a fuss. Now, at 16 months, we just dump his prescribed four caps of Creon 5 onto a small mound of applesauce at the corner of his plate
, tell him he has to take his enzymes before he gets his yummy meal, and for the most part, he complies.

AidansMom

V

vice130

We have been using Nestle's Nesquick Chocolate Syrup for about 3 years. It's so much easier because you can throw the bottle right in your purse or travel bag and dispensing is a breeze. It is a bit thick but Julie (5 yo old) always washes it down with some milk.

V

vice130

We have been using Nestle's Nesquick Chocolate Syrup for about 3 years. It's so much easier because you can throw the bottle right in your purse or travel bag and dispensing is a breeze. It is a bit thick but Julie (5 yo old) always washes it down with some milk.

V

vice130