cf and bed wetting/frequent urination

C

Cherylwithone

I just saw your post. My daughter has a hyper active bladder and at one time it was too small. Being that the bladder is a muscle and if it is hyper it can not grow. My daughter has been on detrol la since I can remember. Your best bet is to get your child seen in urology. They can do all the test and they tell what needs to be done. Once the bladder can grow and clam down you won't be tied to every public bathroom around. I ahve also learned that kids that have chronic problems also have other things going on.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

I just saw your post. My daughter has a hyper active bladder and at one time it was too small. Being that the bladder is a muscle and if it is hyper it can not grow. My daughter has been on detrol la since I can remember. Your best bet is to get your child seen in urology. They can do all the test and they tell what needs to be done. Once the bladder can grow and clam down you won't be tied to every public bathroom around. I ahve also learned that kids that have chronic problems also have other things going on.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

truckin4tucker

Thanks everyone for your responses. Tucker goes for his CF check up in a couple of weeks, so I think I will talk to his doctor more at that point. It is a relief to know that my kid is not the only one having troubles with this!

truckin4tucker

Thanks everyone for your responses. Tucker goes for his CF check up in a couple of weeks, so I think I will talk to his doctor more at that point. It is a relief to know that my kid is not the only one having troubles with this!

truckin4tucker

truckin4tucker

truckin4tucker

galaxy

my son is also 6 1/2 and he also wets the bed , but this does not happen every night, i do however keep him drinking the lucozade sport which i think it is gatorade in the us, i have also tried the routine of no allowing him to drink well before bedtime and it does not make any difference. I know how you all feel, my son also says that he does not feel he needs to go during the night like he does in the day time, and he also sleeps very heavy. My thoughts on this could also be dehydration, meaning when they sweat during the night this causes them to sleep really deep because of them sweating , i have done a few experiments with him so far, by not allowing him to drink before bedtime which does not work but i will be trying to send him bed with a lucozade sport and see if he drinks through the night and see if that helps because he does not wet all the time and sometimes he can go a long while without wetting and then he will suddenly start again. I hope some of this helps and hopefully the doctors can help.

galaxy

my son is also 6 1/2 and he also wets the bed , but this does not happen every night, i do however keep him drinking the lucozade sport which i think it is gatorade in the us, i have also tried the routine of no allowing him to drink well before bedtime and it does not make any difference. I know how you all feel, my son also says that he does not feel he needs to go during the night like he does in the day time, and he also sleeps very heavy. My thoughts on this could also be dehydration, meaning when they sweat during the night this causes them to sleep really deep because of them sweating , i have done a few experiments with him so far, by not allowing him to drink before bedtime which does not work but i will be trying to send him bed with a lucozade sport and see if he drinks through the night and see if that helps because he does not wet all the time and sometimes he can go a long while without wetting and then he will suddenly start again. I hope some of this helps and hopefully the doctors can help.

galaxy

galaxy

galaxy

sjzbell

We have the same problem as well. Wow....after reading all of this, I'm starting to think it may have something to do w/ CF, although 90% of the professionals I've talked to said no way. Our center says no, & gave me some info to get one of those alarm things. Used it for 6 mos, he never woke up for it....we were the ones doing all the work.

My husband was much like it as a kid, but not till age 8 like my son. My brother had it well into puberty.

We got a urologist to talk to us & they did a sleep analysis on him. They said that there are 4 stages of sleep. #1 is REM, where we dream & is right before we wake up. #2 & #3 are the ones we travel thru to get to #4 or back to #1. #4 is the deep sleep. They determined that my son goes from closing his eyes to 4 for the first hr or two, then back to #1 (which is about the time he starts talking in his sleep), then back to #4 for the rest of the nite. Supposidly he's so deep asleep (not to mention the facts that hereditary is not on his side), he doesn't wake up for anything. For the most part, I believe it. He can be fine for close to a month, then it starts all over. We haven't tried meds yet. He's got so many already...

sjzbell

We have the same problem as well. Wow....after reading all of this, I'm starting to think it may have something to do w/ CF, although 90% of the professionals I've talked to said no way. Our center says no, & gave me some info to get one of those alarm things. Used it for 6 mos, he never woke up for it....we were the ones doing all the work.

My husband was much like it as a kid, but not till age 8 like my son. My brother had it well into puberty.

We got a urologist to talk to us & they did a sleep analysis on him. They said that there are 4 stages of sleep. #1 is REM, where we dream & is right before we wake up. #2 & #3 are the ones we travel thru to get to #4 or back to #1. #4 is the deep sleep. They determined that my son goes from closing his eyes to 4 for the first hr or two, then back to #1 (which is about the time he starts talking in his sleep), then back to #4 for the rest of the nite. Supposidly he's so deep asleep (not to mention the facts that hereditary is not on his side), he doesn't wake up for anything. For the most part, I believe it. He can be fine for close to a month, then it starts all over. We haven't tried meds yet. He's got so many already...

sjzbell

sjzbell

sjzbell

<br />
<br />My husband was much like it as a kid, but not till age 8 like my son. My brother had it well into puberty.
<br />
<br />We got a urologist to talk to us & they did a sleep analysis on him. They said that there are 4 stages of sleep. #1 is REM, where we dream & is right before we wake up. #2 & #3 are the ones we travel thru to get to #4 or back to #1. #4 is the deep sleep. They determined that my son goes from closing his eyes to 4 for the first hr or two, then back to #1 (which is about the time he starts talking in his sleep), then back to #4 for the rest of the nite. Supposidly he's so deep asleep (not to mention the facts that hereditary is not on his side), he doesn't wake up for anything. For the most part, I believe it. He can be fine for close to a month, then it starts all over. We haven't tried meds yet. He's got so many already...