CF and Divorce

Grendel

I want to thank each of you: Emily65Roses, 65rosessamurai, cjandrobbie, gibbo, Asexyblond23, Diane, cfarchitect, welshwitch, and oldtimer1959, for your support. Things have been tough but I have been attempting to distract myself, with working out and work, though they don't always work at keeping my mind off my sadness and my anger. I have been going to lift weights at the gym almost every day (with an O2 tank) and that consumes my energy and mind more than anything. Some aspects of my day-to-day have improved, but there is still a long way to go.

This is definitely the most difficult and complex problem I have dealt with. It is just difficult to consider how much was lost by her leaving us, between the love, the security, and the friendship.

Beyond my loss and her loss, I am also worried about other issues. I am not as concerned as to whether if I will find another, that may or may not be in the cards for me, but I am concerned as to how once I become pre-transplant limited, how I will handle life and my responsibilities. Many have a spouse or family to assist, but she was my only family, and when my FEV1 gets below 30%, I just am overwhelmed by how difficult and stressful things will be. I can't imagine how I will ever navigate those waters alone.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your support.

Grendel

Grendel

I want to thank each of you: Emily65Roses, 65rosessamurai, cjandrobbie, gibbo, Asexyblond23, Diane, cfarchitect, welshwitch, and oldtimer1959, for your support. Things have been tough but I have been attempting to distract myself, with working out and work, though they don't always work at keeping my mind off my sadness and my anger. I have been going to lift weights at the gym almost every day (with an O2 tank) and that consumes my energy and mind more than anything. Some aspects of my day-to-day have improved, but there is still a long way to go.

This is definitely the most difficult and complex problem I have dealt with. It is just difficult to consider how much was lost by her leaving us, between the love, the security, and the friendship.

Beyond my loss and her loss, I am also worried about other issues. I am not as concerned as to whether if I will find another, that may or may not be in the cards for me, but I am concerned as to how once I become pre-transplant limited, how I will handle life and my responsibilities. Many have a spouse or family to assist, but she was my only family, and when my FEV1 gets below 30%, I just am overwhelmed by how difficult and stressful things will be. I can't imagine how I will ever navigate those waters alone.

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

Diane

Those thoughts are normal and scary. I often have those thoughts myself ( although i have a boyfriend now, whos to say that will last forever....nothings guaranteed). I often wonder what will become of me if i can no longer work and cant pay my bills. I cant go home since i have no home to go to. My mother lives in a retirement community, and my father is re-married and his wife and i are not exactly friends, and i know they wouldnt want me there being a burden. I have a brother and his wife is the moosiest person i ever met in my life and i know that would never work out either. So i know the thoughts that are going thru your mind. I know it is one step short of denial but i keep telling myself "i just wont allow that to happen to me". And even if it someday does there isnt anything i can do about it now. I try to take as good care of myself as i can ,so that i can be well enough to benefit from any new treatment ( i will never use the word cure) that comes along that might halt the progression of cf.

Diane

Those thoughts are normal and scary. I often have those thoughts myself ( although i have a boyfriend now, whos to say that will last forever....nothings guaranteed). I often wonder what will become of me if i can no longer work and cant pay my bills. I cant go home since i have no home to go to. My mother lives in a retirement community, and my father is re-married and his wife and i are not exactly friends, and i know they wouldnt want me there being a burden. I have a brother and his wife is the moosiest person i ever met in my life and i know that would never work out either. So i know the thoughts that are going thru your mind. I know it is one step short of denial but i keep telling myself "i just wont allow that to happen to me". And even if it someday does there isnt anything i can do about it now. I try to take as good care of myself as i can ,so that i can be well enough to benefit from any new treatment ( i will never use the word cure) that comes along that might halt the progression of cf.

Diane

Diane

Diane

Diane

Those thoughts are normal and scary. I often have those thoughts myself ( although i have a boyfriend now, whos to say that will last forever....nothings guaranteed). I often wonder what will become of me if i can no longer work and cant pay my bills. I cant go home since i have no home to go to. My mother lives in a retirement community, and my father is re-married and his wife and i are not exactly friends, and i know they wouldnt want me there being a burden. I have a brother and his wife is the moodiest person i ever met in my life and i know that would never work out either. So i know the thoughts that are going thru your mind. I know it is one step short of denial but i keep telling myself "i just wont allow that to happen to me". And even if it someday does there isnt anything i can do about it now. I try to take as good care of myself as i can ,so that i can be well enough to benefit from any new treatment ( i will never use the word cure) that comes along that might halt the progression of cf.

Diane

Those thoughts are normal and scary. I often have those thoughts myself ( although i have a boyfriend now, whos to say that will last forever....nothings guaranteed). I often wonder what will become of me if i can no longer work and cant pay my bills. I cant go home since i have no home to go to. My mother lives in a retirement community, and my father is re-married and his wife and i are not exactly friends, and i know they wouldnt want me there being a burden. I have a brother and his wife is the moodiest person i ever met in my life and i know that would never work out either. So i know the thoughts that are going thru your mind. I know it is one step short of denial but i keep telling myself "i just wont allow that to happen to me". And even if it someday does there isnt anything i can do about it now. I try to take as good care of myself as i can ,so that i can be well enough to benefit from any new treatment ( i will never use the word cure) that comes along that might halt the progression of cf.

Diane

Diane

Diane

65rosessamurai

I suppose because I felt my divorce was sneaking up from behind, and not one of those that just came up and smacked you one, I was able to consider those "what ifs".
In my case, I still had a supportive family that I could return home (as in back in the states) to. I did find a very caring person who I soon married, but the reason wasn't to help me through my health issues, yet I knew she would be supportive of it.
However, had I stayed in the marriage I was in, and I were to be hospitalized, that woman would've left me stranded there, and I wouldn't have had anyone. I feel that in your case, Grendel, you were able to know what kind of woman she was before that happened to you. However, I do hope you still have family/friends who can be supportive in whatever your needs are.
We (those of us who are lending an ear) will do what we can to be supportive and offer suggestions, etc., to try to help alleviate your stress, but the "physical related" support may be difficult.
It doesn't hurt to think that "maybe" the right one is still out there, but it's definitely not something to dwell on at this juncture.
Stay well!

65rosessamurai

I suppose because I felt my divorce was sneaking up from behind, and not one of those that just came up and smacked you one, I was able to consider those "what ifs".
In my case, I still had a supportive family that I could return home (as in back in the states) to. I did find a very caring person who I soon married, but the reason wasn't to help me through my health issues, yet I knew she would be supportive of it.
However, had I stayed in the marriage I was in, and I were to be hospitalized, that woman would've left me stranded there, and I wouldn't have had anyone. I feel that in your case, Grendel, you were able to know what kind of woman she was before that happened to you. However, I do hope you still have family/friends who can be supportive in whatever your needs are.
We (those of us who are lending an ear) will do what we can to be supportive and offer suggestions, etc., to try to help alleviate your stress, but the "physical related" support may be difficult.
It doesn't hurt to think that "maybe" the right one is still out there, but it's definitely not something to dwell on at this juncture.
Stay well!

65rosessamurai

Stay well!

65rosessamurai

Stay well!

65rosessamurai

Stay well!