cf centers

grsswspr

We go to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City. It's about 30 minutes and it's the only CF Clinic that I know of around here.

grsswspr

We go to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City. It's about 30 minutes and it's the only CF Clinic that I know of around here.

thefrogprincess

I go to UW (University of Washington). Its about 30 minutes from home (without traffic). They had a very good transitional program from Children's Hospital.

thefrogprincess

I go to UW (University of Washington). Its about 30 minutes from home (without traffic). They had a very good transitional program from Children's Hospital.

thefrogprincess

D

DarceyMaysey

I go to OU Medical Center (Children's Hospital but they have an Adult Clinic) in Oklahoma City. I have been going there since I was diagnosed at age 30- 6 years ago. As far as I know the only other CF Center in OK is in Tulsa. My twin brother goes there and he loves it.

D

DarceyMaysey

I go to OU Medical Center (Children's Hospital but they have an Adult Clinic) in Oklahoma City. I have been going there since I was diagnosed at age 30- 6 years ago. As far as I know the only other CF Center in OK is in Tulsa. My twin brother goes there and he loves it.

D

DarceyMaysey

Hughett

We take our little guy to Deaconess Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are not to big of fans of the place. The doctor and nurse are friendly and helpful but get offended if we ask them to wash their hands when they come in the room. There could be another person in a chair with a mask on just on the outside of our room waiting for the doctor. He could be touching lots of stuff and coughing and talking to the doctor and when the doctor comes back in the room... he still doesn't do anything with his hands.

We thought this was somewhat normal until we were planning on moving to Boise, Idaho and took a tour of their CF clinic down there. Nice new building, great staff that took us on a tour of the place when we came there out of the blue. Plus they sanitize every time they enter a room and change hospital robes every time they come in the room. Talk about night and day difference in clinics. Now we can't wait to move down there!

Hughett

We take our little guy to Deaconess Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are not to big of fans of the place. The doctor and nurse are friendly and helpful but get offended if we ask them to wash their hands when they come in the room. There could be another person in a chair with a mask on just on the outside of our room waiting for the doctor. He could be touching lots of stuff and coughing and talking to the doctor and when the doctor comes back in the room... he still doesn't do anything with his hands.

We thought this was somewhat normal until we were planning on moving to Boise, Idaho and took a tour of their CF clinic down there. Nice new building, great staff that took us on a tour of the place when we came there out of the blue. Plus they sanitize every time they enter a room and change hospital robes every time they come in the room. Talk about night and day difference in clinics. Now we can't wait to move down there!

Hughett

W

Wendy

Hey Sheli (cfmomma),

I go to Children's Medical Center in Dallas, too. I had to laugh when I read the parking comment. It used to be a nightmare! If you haven't been yet this year, it's much better now. The clinic moved down the street to the new Pavillion building and the parking is a big lot just outside the building, and it's FREE now! I go to the adult clinic, obviously, but went to the children's clinic from the time I was diagnosed at 9 mos until I was 19. I loved all the peds doctors and the nurses are great. I've heard some of the adult patients don't like some of the docs, but I like mine. He's very direct and to the point. He doesn't want to mess around and I think that's good for my health. That's not to say he doesn't have a good bedside manner, because I think he does. I just think some adults don't want to face the facts or take care of themselves. I know, I used to be that way!
Anyway, I like the clinic at Children's of Dallas.

W

Wendy

Hey Sheli (cfmomma),

I go to Children's Medical Center in Dallas, too. I had to laugh when I read the parking comment. It used to be a nightmare! If you haven't been yet this year, it's much better now. The clinic moved down the street to the new Pavillion building and the parking is a big lot just outside the building, and it's FREE now! I go to the adult clinic, obviously, but went to the children's clinic from the time I was diagnosed at 9 mos until I was 19. I loved all the peds doctors and the nurses are great. I've heard some of the adult patients don't like some of the docs, but I like mine. He's very direct and to the point. He doesn't want to mess around and I think that's good for my health. That's not to say he doesn't have a good bedside manner, because I think he does. I just think some adults don't want to face the facts or take care of themselves. I know, I used to be that way!

W

Wendy

Hey Sheli (cfmomma),