CF clinic distance

damiensmom

Our clinic is 211 miles one way 522 round trip, we go about every 2 months. It isnt a real easy trip but we are used to it. We stay over night.

damiensmom

Our clinic is 211 miles one way 522 round trip, we go about every 2 months. It isnt a real easy trip but we are used to it. We stay over night.

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

incognito

Probably live about 20 miles away. Of course, San Antonio traffic is terrible (especially north-central area) so it usually takes me close to 40 minutes to reach the clinic. I'm on a "as needed" routine for the time being. The doctors and CF staff are wonderful here so not having an appointment isn't the end of the world. I can call in any day and see a doctor within hours. I'm truly fortunate.

incognito

Probably live about 20 miles away. Of course, San Antonio traffic is terrible (especially north-central area) so it usually takes me close to 40 minutes to reach the clinic. I'm on a "as needed" routine for the time being. The doctors and CF staff are wonderful here so not having an appointment isn't the end of the world. I can call in any day and see a doctor within hours. I'm truly fortunate.

incognito

incognito

incognito

L

lhkraus

If your clinic is far away, what do you do in between the 3 month appointments for illness, exacerbations, etc? Our clinic is 45 minutes, so we can always go in if we need to.

L

lhkraus

If your clinic is far away, what do you do in between the 3 month appointments for illness, exacerbations, etc? Our clinic is 45 minutes, so we can always go in if we need to.

L

lhkraus

L

lhkraus

L

lhkraus

PedsNP2007

Hi,
My clinic is under 1/2 mile from my work :) I work at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and go to the adult clinic at Froedtert. I can literally walk through the connecting tunnel to the clinic, which is helpful when I have paperwork to drop off or when they want follow-up PFTs without a long clinic visit. Of course, I don't always get to go on the days I work, so I do have to drive 12 miles :p

I feel bad for those who have to drive far. Growing up, my brother with cf and my sister with cf, and I used to drive from Long Island, NY to Babies' hospital in downtown NYC. THAT was always so much fun with the traffic.

Jenn
30 y/o CF, CFRD

PedsNP2007

Hi,
My clinic is under 1/2 mile from my work :) I work at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and go to the adult clinic at Froedtert. I can literally walk through the connecting tunnel to the clinic, which is helpful when I have paperwork to drop off or when they want follow-up PFTs without a long clinic visit. Of course, I don't always get to go on the days I work, so I do have to drive 12 miles :p

I feel bad for those who have to drive far. Growing up, my brother with cf and my sister with cf, and I used to drive from Long Island, NY to Babies' hospital in downtown NYC. THAT was always so much fun with the traffic.

Jenn
30 y/o CF, CFRD

PedsNP2007

Hi,

Jenn
30 y/o CF, CFRD

PedsNP2007

Hi,

Jenn
30 y/o CF, CFRD

PedsNP2007

Hi,
<br />My clinic is under 1/2 mile from my work :) I work at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and go to the adult clinic at Froedtert. I can literally walk through the connecting tunnel to the clinic, which is helpful when I have paperwork to drop off or when they want follow-up PFTs without a long clinic visit. Of course, I don't always get to go on the days I work, so I do have to drive 12 miles :p
<br />
<br />I feel bad for those who have to drive far. Growing up, my brother with cf and my sister with cf, and I used to drive from Long Island, NY to Babies' hospital in downtown NYC. THAT was always so much fun with the traffic.
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 y/o CF, CFRD